shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Setting for under $1000

dneal12

Rough_Rock
Here are all the Tiffany settings I could find for $1000. Now imagine them all in 18k gold and with a whitegold/plat head. I thought I would do a blind test without brands or prices. Which is your favorite?

screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_5.png screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_4.png screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_3.png screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_2.png screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_1.png screenshot_2014-12-20_at_4_7.png

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't want yellow prongs. That one may have yellow prongs just because its a computer rendering, but I'd ask before committing to that one.

There are a few I like. The James Allen and the BG (though I won't say which is which ;-). )

But a big consideration needs to go to the stone too. If you but a JA stone, get the JA one. If you get the BG or WF ones, you'll wanna buy from them too, sense you don't wanna worry about insurance or paying for a setting fee.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I like number 2 and 5 the best but Neil brings up a good point. Much easier to buy a setting and stone from the same place unless you feel strongly about a particular setting but can't find a stone from them.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bottom Right > Bottom Left > Middle Left (but not with gold prongs) > Top Left > Middle Right > Top Right

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly they're all similar enough so that I would go with the one where the vendor has the diamond that best meets your specs in stock, if you are ordering now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The BGD one is my favorite.

That said, the half round version is MUCH more comfortable than the classic knife edge, reportedly.

Are you certain the wearer wants a knife edge?

dneal12

Rough_Rock
That one is already on the list just in yellow gold. :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like # 5 or 6. I wear gold prongs because I am allergic to white, it's not a problem .

dneal12

Rough_Rock
More than likely I will be getting a diamond from b2c jewels as they have the best prices and best selection on the size and quality that I want. And b2c doesn't have a setting that I want so I was thinking of going the route of diamond and setting from different places. But it is possible to go with one of the the following for the stone in increasing liklihood:

Eternity by Yoni
Adiamor
James Allen
Brian Gavin (I haven't looked at their diamonds yet as they aren't in the PS database)

Is it really that much better to go with the same vendor for the stone and setting?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dneal12|1419206879|3805431 said:
More than likely I will be getting a diamond from b2c jewels as they have the best prices and best selection on the size and quality that I want. And b2c doesn't have a setting that I want so I was thinking of going the route of diamond and setting from different places. But it is possible to go with one of the the following for the stone in increasing liklihood:

Eternity by Yoni
Adiamor
James Allen
Brian Gavin (I haven't looked at their diamonds yet as they aren't in the PS database)

Is it really that much better to go with the same vendor for the stone and setting?

Yes. For a setting this common, its best to do it all at one place.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting it all in one place is wise if for no other reason than sparing yourself the risk of someone else setting the stone.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide?

dneal12

Rough_Rock
I decided to get it all in the same place as per the advice on this thread and another thread on PS. So the diamond decided the vendor, and so far it looks like the best selection for the diamond I'm looking for comes from Eternity by Yoni.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results