shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Tahitians on a play date

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful day :dance: Had a lovely lunch with Kay and 2 strands of blue Rikiteas she is choosing between. For comparison same strands on skin and on black. A small floor to ceiling west facing window and a wall of north facing windows but the light was all indirect.

img_0168.jpg

img_6399.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the bottom strand, more pics please, I am greedy. :angel:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I took my baroque blue bodys and my black body blue overtone strand that I call my teal strand) so we could compare. Top strand is a black body blue overtone, second strand is the lighter of the two Rikitea blues, third strand is the darker of the two strands and last strand is my barogue blue body intense peacok overtone. The earrings are my black body blue overtone 11 mm :naughty:

img_6401.jpg

img_0195.jpg

img_0181.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful blues! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
How about all four strands together? :love: That is a gorgeous combination. I am curious, which one is the original strand Kay chose? I am guessing the darker blues?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
All of the strands plus my matching bracelet on a white background. I only took about 30 pictures today because I love these blue pearls so much. Thanks Kay for the best afternoon :wavey: :mrgreen: :lickout: :appl: :appl: :appl:

img_6402.jpg

img_6403.jpg

img_0177.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
By the way all of the pearls shown above are from Pearl Paradise. I will let Kay say which strand is going to be hers.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What excellent photos, and such a great opportunity for Kay to gather information to help choose between strands. I'm guessing that the dark Rikitea is 1557 and the lighter blue Rikitea strand is 1563. I love the pearl size and the deep blue of the darker Rikitea, but it is really a matter of preference. How wonderful to see them next to your blue strands! That blue body strand of yours is so stunning. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, how can you possibly decide?! They both look stunning on you!

I'm sure we'd all like to see more pictures!

What a wonderful choice!

If I had to pick one for you, I'd pick the lighter strand.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok a few more pictures :mrgreen:

img_0182.jpg

img_6405.jpg

img_0194.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1419050392|3804605 said:
Kay, how can you possibly decide?! They both look stunning on you!
Perhaps a double round blue necklace is in order. :naughty: :angel:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
They would make a glorious double, that's for sure!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Or get the grey blue strand as well and make it triple.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Wouldn't that be enticing ... a double strand in shades of blues?!? Kay can't make a mistake here though, both strands are beautiful. I must admit though, my favorite are those shining baroque blues of yours, 4RanchGirl :))))) Thanks for sharing the lunch fun!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It was a fun playdate, thanks 4RG! :wavey: I loved my neck full of blue pearls. :love: 4RG's blue body baroques have such fabulous peacock overtones and high luster -- I wish I could keep them too.

Fly Girl is right -- the Rikitea strands are 1563 and 1557. Both colors are gorgeous. I wish I could keep both, but I am already way over budget with just one. It was such a hard choice. I love the deep midnight blue of 1557, but the lighter greenish blue color of 1563 really pops. 4RG liked the darker blue better on my skin; for me it was about equal. The lighter one looks great on black, as you can see from the photos.

Since I love both colors, I let size be the deciding factor. The largest pearl on 1563 is 10.2 mm and on 1557 is 10.9 mm. I also want the strand lengthened to 20" or 21", and Jeremy has a few loose pearls that match 1557 and range from 11-12 mm, so they will add length and diameter size to the darker strand.

I hope strand 1563 finds a good home, maybe with one of us. It really is a magnificent strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay - Great choice to get 1557 along with a few more pearls that are 11-12mm. :love: You get more size front and center, and will end up with a most outstanding strand of these already amazing blue round Tahitian strands. :appl:

Thank you for sharing your decision process with us, and thanks again to 4Ranch Girl for the stunning photos. :))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1419052709|3804628 said:
Or get the grey blue strand as well and make it triple.
I love this idea. A blue triple play would be amazing, as we can see from the blue quad on Kay's neck. :cheeky: If only money were no object.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I am in love. Gorgeous. :love: Thank you for sharing with us. :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like you two had a wonderful pearl play date! And oh just look at all of those lovely pearls!!! Thank you so much 4RG for sharing your photos with us! Your blue baroques and those earrings are just divine! :love: :love: :love:

Kay I think you made a fabulous choice!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see the finished strand!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, what a hard choice to decide between two fabulous strand. I think you made the right decision, can't wait to see the finished strand. Thanks for sharing those photos, what a fun! I'm sure 1563 will find a home soon, it's really beautiful.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What clasp are you going to use?

And yes, the quad is simply stunning...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, the 1557 reads midnight blue on the photos, again this strand was my first choice if I could have had one! I feel your 1557 reads and appears the bluest of all the strands offered, adding the larger pearls makes it over the top. :appl: :appl:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, Congratulations! Adding a few larger pearls to the center ... brilliant :appl: :appl: :appl: And you had the perfect advisor :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
This midnight blue strand and Flygirl's dark blue with purple overtones are my favourites, it's going to be extra luxurious with the extra centre pearls. I'm dreaming of blue sapphire rondelles in oxidised metal as accents...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love blues, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, this may seem like an odd idea, but ... wondering how those new deep sea blue Rikitea pearls might look nested with your pistachio strand ... could be a no-go, or spectacular "opposites" ...

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing shots! Love seeing how the various body and overtones look next to each other. Thanks for the eye candy, Kay and 4Ranch Girl :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for enjoying the pictures. I had so much fun being able to play pearls yesterday. It is a wonderful to be able to spend time with someone who doesen't think my love of pearls is a bit odd. I still pinch myself when I put on my blue baroque strand knowing how lucky I am to have it. Wore it again today with a kelly green cashmire sweater. I hope everyone who got one of these very special strands will love them as much as I do mine.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks 4RG & Kay for the photos. The strand Kay chose is the most blue. I personally love the blue green of the other 1563 strand as well. I am sure it will go to a good home some day - it is indeed a beautiful strand.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting all of these beautiful blues. It has been very fun to see all of the Rikitea strands coming in and pics of the different blues. Seeing them alongside the baroque beauties as well is a definite treat. So much blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results