Would this SI1 be considered eye-clean?

57599382.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At my age?, Yes!.. :lol:

theque

Rough_Rock
I do not understand the term eye-clean apparently.

I can see with my eyes the flaws. What does eye clean mean, because unless that picture is low resolution or something, I see things with my eyes in it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That picture is magnified so you will see the flaws, I think what they consider eye clean is what you can see from a normal range, like 12 inches away, I have a SI2 and you cannot see the flaws at what would be a normal range, now if I hold it up to my eagle eyes I can see them. I would think since this is a SI1 you should not be able to see the flaws at a normal range, but you can ask the person/vendor selling it if it is eye clean or if you can look at yourself that would be best.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Although there is no set standard for the term eye-clean, the most common definition is:
No inclusions visible to the naked eye when viewed from 10-12 inches in the face up position with overhead lighting by a person with normal vision (or corrected to normal).
Some folks are very near sighted and can focus very close enabling them to see things that people with normal vision cannot. And if you view the stone from the side or upside down you can often see things you cannot see face up. Same thing if you transmit light into the stone from the side or from behind.

In the sample posted, I would guess that the stone might be eye-clean. While it has alot going on in it, most of the inclusions are very small. However, there appears to be a feather or some other feature that is at the edge of the table at 9 oclock and possibly close to the surface. This feature might be visible to the naked eye.

It also depends on how large the diamond is. As the stone size gets larger, so does the allowable size of inclusions since clarity grading calls are somewhat relative. That is, the same exact inclusion that would make an Si1 in a 2ct would cause it to be an Si2 or lower in a half carat.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to ask someone who is physically holding the stone in their hand if it is eyeclean. We cannot tell you from a magnified picture. However, I will say from my personal viewpoint that I prefer a stone that is cleaner than this one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results