shape
carat
color
clarity

New Reset! Please help!

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
My husband surprised me with a reset. My new setting is the Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere with an oval stone. Mark's work is amazing. It is just stunning. But my ring doesn't fit. Not anyone's fault but my genetics. I have the skinniest fingers and larger knuckles. So I really hate the spinning and turning. My ring is a size 4. I am scared to take it down for fear it will fit over the knuckle easier. What can I do? Once again, Mark sized the ring to the exact size of my older ring, and I don't want to send it back because I love the setting. Please help with any suggestions.

Viya

Rough_Rock
Trade
You can take your ring to a local jeweler and ask them to install a ring guard that should help.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Do you know how it attaches to the ring?

Viya

Rough_Rock
Trade
They would attach a gold metal piece inside the bottom shank. I have gotten it done to few of my rings as I too face the same problem. Hope it works for you as well.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Here is my new love!

image_2750.jpg

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I will take it up to my local jeweler. I just hesitate t because it is so pretty and I don't want to ruin it. I know that is odd.

Viya

Rough_Rock
Trade
It is beautiful! Hope it works for you so you can enjoy wearing it all the time.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Viya|1419040225|3804518 said:
It is beautiful! Hope it works for you so you can enjoy wearing it all the time.

Thanks! I can't take any good pics though! So hard.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sizing beads are a different approach meant for the same purpose. I believe they can be removed and they seem very unobtrusive. Many people say they are comfortable, and some say they take a little getting used to but after a few days they no longer feel them.

_304.jpeg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicoleangela|1419033400|3804468 said:
My husband surprised me with a reset. My new setting is the Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere with an oval stone. Mark's work is amazing. It is just stunning. But my ring doesn't fit. Not anyone's fault but my genetics. I have the skinniest fingers and larger knuckles. So I really hate the spinning and turning. My ring is a size 4. I am scared to take it down for fear it will fit over the knuckle easier. What can I do? Once again, Mark sized the ring to the exact size of my older ring, and I don't want to send it back because I love the setting. Please help with any suggestions.

If this were my ring, I would not let anyone touch it except Mark Morrell. Your ring is too perfect to have some local jeweler muck with it. That's just me.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
I really feel the same. I am going to let it be for now and when I order my band, hopefully for my anniversary. I will let Mark size down for me. It is so pretty. I am really very happy with this setting. Thanks cflutist. I am going to leave it alone and ask if a smaller band might help stop the spinning.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a couple of pieces ruined by a high end jeweler who swore they could do the job. Send it to Mark Morell for repair if only for the peace of mind.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
Another pic. I don't know how you guys get such great pics.

image_2753.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried wearing a band along with the ring? It might keep your eng ring from spinning as much.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_6406.jpg

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your ring!

If you want to have MM size it later, maybe you can put in a temporary sizer--

A jeweler put a temporary sizing bar/guard (in picture) in a ring that was passed down to me. I did not want to change/size the ring. The bar wraps around on each end. The bar is not permanently fixed to the ring but is secure that it won't come off.

I also have used those rubber tube wrap arounds on rings that I do not want to "size/cut the ring"--I think they are called ring snuggies or ring noodles or something like that.

Also, wearing another ring with it as someone mentioned helps make the ring spin less.

_25374.jpg

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
I got out my camera, since I can't seem to take good pics with my cell. Sorry to take so many pics. I just love it. I want to get a Mark Morrell band, I don't currently own any white metals. I was wearing two Cartier Love Rings in lieu of a diamond and those don't look great with this ring. So I will have to get something that is the same color. I am typically a yellow gold girl, but I am loving Platinum. It makes my ring look so yummy and pretty.

dsc03322.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! MM makes such beautiful settings, I've only seen his solitaire with rounds until yours. Really lovely with an oval :love:
I would have the sizing beads put in. They can be removed if necessary and aren't visible while you're wearing the ring.

Nicoleangela

Rough_Rock
woofmama|1419171542|3805238 said:
Your ring is gorgeous! MM makes such beautiful settings, I've only seen his solitaire with rounds until yours. Really lovely with an oval :love:
I would have the sizing beads put in. They can be removed if necessary and aren't visible while you're wearing the ring.

Thanks! I am going to need something. It just moves too much. I love this setting with my oval and how the end prongs are elongated.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nicoleangela|1419117303|3804966 said:
I got out my camera, since I can't seem to take good pics with my cell. Sorry to take so many pics. I just love it. I want to get a Mark Morrell band, I don't currently own any white metals. I was wearing two Cartier Love Rings in lieu of a diamond and those don't look great with this ring. So I will have to get something that is the same color. I am typically a yellow gold girl, but I am loving Platinum. It makes my ring look so yummy and pretty.

dsc03322.jpg

This is the money shot, your ring is SO beautiful. Love it :love: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it fits over your Knuckles but spins maybe get sizing beads?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful. I think it's a very common problem. I have the same problem. I have had sizing beads added to my rings and the problem is been solved. I don't find them uncomfortable at all.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, my favorite solitaire setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks fantastic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results