shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
new_ering_photo_4.jpg

My earlier photo looks oddly purple. It doesn't really look purple in real life!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
SapphireStyle|1418874872|3803385 said:
Here is my new sapphire and diamond three stone:

purple_ering_.jpg bench1.jpg

Gorgeous ring SapphireStyle! I love the two toned trellis setting!

I thought I'd share something a bit different - my mum's sapphire cluster ring! I know the sapphires aren't top quality but I love the size and design of this piece.

_25355.jpg

Teknorpi

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker at PS

Just over 3 carat padparadscha sapphire in halo platinum setting. Turned out to be lightly heated unfortunately, after getting it certified but still gorgeous. She said yes :)

_25745.jpg

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
Oh, man, I think that is a padparadscha for which I'd be willing to break the bank. The color in this picture speaks to me. . . and the shape. Is is more peach-orange in real life, or does it go more pink? What are the stats?

Experts, what would be the price range on stone like this? Assuming eye clean, or maybe even tiny barely visible inclusions?

Teknorpi

Rough_Rock
kimpnoth said:
Oh, man, I think that is a padparadscha for which I'd be willing to break the bank. The color in this picture speaks to me. . . and the shape. Is is more peach-orange in real life, or does it go more pink? What are the stats?

Experts, what would be the price range on stone like this? Assuming eye clean, or maybe even tiny barely visible inclusions?

Had to look up the AGL report: 3.00 carat, 8.2 x 7.8 x 5.6 cushion/mixed brilliant. 0.65 white diamonds. AGL called it a pad and GIA called it pink, both heated. I saved a lot when it turned out to be heated, but I had already fallen in love with it.

The color is really hard to explain. It is a silky color that ranges from pink to rose to purple to orange. And impossible to photograph. There is one halo inclusion that I can see :(, but she can't see it. Keeping it clean is the hardest part, it goes towards a dull purple when dirty.

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Teknorpi, that's a lovely ring and stone. Congratulations! :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teknorpi|1420247232|3811110 said:
kimpnoth said:

Had to look up the AGL report: 3.00 carat, 8.2 x 7.8 x 5.6 cushion/mixed brilliant. 0.65 white diamonds. AGL called it a pad and GIA called it pink, both heated. I saved a lot when it turned out to be heated, but I had already fallen in love with it.

The color is really hard to explain. It is a silky color that ranges from pink to rose to purple to orange. And impossible to photograph. There is one halo inclusion that I can see :(, but she can't see it. Keeping it clean is the hardest part, it goes towards a dull purple when dirty.

Please please make a thread for this ring and post a million more photos. Its stunning, and so what if its heated I bet she wears that with all sorts of pride.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teknorpi|1420242931|3811087 said:
Long time lurker at PS

Just over 3 carat padparadscha sapphire in halo platinum setting. Turned out to be lightly heated unfortunately, after getting it certified but still gorgeous. She said yes :)

What an amazing stone and setting!!
Congrats with your engagement and please start a separate thread full of photo's of this beauty

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Into the mystic, LOVE your ring. The diamonds are so pretty and really sparkle. The size of the diamonds are wonderful. Love the D. garnet too-really vibrant. I am not a fan of halos but the quality of your stones and the design really made a pretty ring.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I was very fortunate to purchase two of my dream gems in 2014 and get them set for Christmas. Here's the thread from SMTB:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holiday-bling-jeff-white-sapphire-roger-d-spess.209389/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holiday-bling-jeff-white-sapphire-roger-d-spess.209389/[/URL] with more details on the stones. And a couple of pictures:

The other ring in the last picture is my MC Zircon in a YG bezel. Love all three rings. I'm officially addicted to gemstones :devil:

sap141_my_asscher_0.jpg

_25883.jpg

spess_car_1.jpg

sapphire_zircon_spess_sunny.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1420762602|3813786 said:
I was very fortunate to purchase two of my dream gems in 2014 and get them set for Christmas. Here's the thread from SMTB:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holiday-bling-jeff-white-sapphire-roger-d-spess.209389/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holiday-bling-jeff-white-sapphire-roger-d-spess.209389/[/URL] with more details on the stones. And a couple of pictures:

The other ring in the last picture is my MC Zircon in a YG bezel. Love all three rings. I'm officially addicted to gemstones :devil:

I can't stop staring at the Jeff White asscher sapphire............it's so gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: the color is just perfect and the faceting is so crisp. I'm surprised if you don't have people grabbing your hand to look at that ring when you go out!! :naughty:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1420766454|3813810 said:
woofmama|1420762602|3813786 said:

I can't stop staring at the Jeff White asscher sapphire............it's so gorgeous. :love: :love: :love: the color is just perfect and the faceting is so crisp. I'm surprised if you don't have people grabbing your hand to look at that ring when you go out!! :naughty:

Thanks mochiko :)) It's a very interesting stone in the way it shifts color. Sometimes light sky blue, sometimes very violet and much deeper in color. I love it! I've had quite a few lovely compliments & questions about it. Most people don't realize sapphires can come in such a range of colors so the color is a topic of conversation.

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Tucs|1416278421|3785522 said:
Hello, lots of gorgeous pieces in this thread, I wanted to share my antique ring -- it's not an engagement ring, but it has been in my family for many years. I thought it was my grandmother's, but my mother recently clarified to me that it originally was my great-grandmother's, who died in the early 20th century.
Anyway, it's a yellow gold ring with a hand-engraved underbezel topped with white gold and white gold overlaid sloping shoulders. It contains one aquamarine (2.15cts), ten calibre cut wedge shape and triangular black onyx, and twelve rose cut diamonds.

This is beautiful! Can you post more pics, Tucs? Would love to see the side and a gallery view!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three tourmalines and an aqua. The big stone is an 8 carat Nigerian aqua that I bought 20 years ago. It was in the ugliest setting for years, but I took it out. Not sure what to do with it. The other two stones on the hand are tourmalines, one from Mozambique (the lighter one) and the other is an Afghan stone.

The blue ring is a neon cuprian that I also bought a long time ago and everyone has probably seen before, but it was in the shot, so what the heck.

tltourms_and_aqua.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Petite .68ct sapphire, heat only set in 18ct white gold with 36 diamonds tcw .23ct. Size 4.75. Briefly mine but recently gifted to my little sister. :))

_26176.jpg

_26177.jpg

_26178.jpg

_26179.jpg

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Here's a few shots of my new 6ct champagne diamond engagement ring! image_2879.jpg image_2880.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1421662349|3818796 said:
Petite .68ct sapphire, heat only set in 18ct white gold with 36 diamonds tcw .23ct. Size 4.75. Briefly mine but recently gifted to my little sister. :))

That gorgeous blue color really makes it pop -- small sapphire but it makes a BIG statement! Is it also from Jeff Davies?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1421716664|3819104 said:

That gorgeous blue color really makes it pop -- small sapphire but it makes a BIG statement! Is it also from Jeff Davies?

I agree - that is one gorgeous blue. A delicate ring, but that blue - you would see it from across the room!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondboy11685|1421666855|3818803 said:
Here's a few shots of my new 6ct champagne diamond engagement ring! image_2879.jpg image_2880.jpg

Did you start a thread in the "Show Me The Bling" forum? That's an impressive diamond ring.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux said:
mochiko42|1421716664|3819104 said:

I agree - that is one gorgeous blue. A delicate ring, but that blue - you would see it from across the room!

Thanks Mochiko & Minou! I love the colour! The ring was an Etsy purchase from Stephanie at Pristine Custom Rings. She sells mostly diamond and morganite rings but stocks other gemstone jewellery as well (both natural and synthetic). The purchase was a bit of a gamble as I hadn't purchased from Stephanie before and her photos weren't amazing but I was pleasantly surprised, it is much nicer in person! I had the ring appraised and it was exactly as described and very reasonably priced. Stephanie was lovely to work with. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm on a moonstone kick these days. Last one, 4.4 carats in incandescent light, and in my car on a very cloudy day. I have to get a shot in fluorescent light, looks great there too. There's two of the sheen indoors in natural light before it was set. There's a couple of inclusions you can only see with a loupe. It's otherwise eyeclean.

tlmoonstone_all_blue4.jpg

tlmoonstone_all_blue2.jpg

sheen.jpg

tlmoonstone_and_ring.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing setting and stone TL!!! Please make a thread full of pics. Where did you find your moonstone?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, your Moonstone is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
TL I love your moonstone! More details please :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - that moonstone looks so mystical that you should be able to...I don't know...time travel with it or something. Does anything happen if you rub it and wish really hard for something? :cheeky: :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words ladies. The stone was from my jeweler who had it in his inventory for a very long time. His son specializes in "phenomena" stones. This was an older stone he had. The setting was from an ebay setting dealer, I forget whom, but it's relatively easy to find on ebay as there are several stores that sell it (it's an 8x10mm setting). It's definitely not a high end setting (because I can't afford it ;( ), but I like the art deco inspiration, since many moonstones are found in art deco or edwardian pieces. The base is totally transparent and not milky or cloudy at all. The blue is a periwinkle color. Some moonstones have sky blue color or violet blue, this is more of a violet blue like periwinkle. It reminds me a bit of my favorite spinel in color.

Here's a couple of sunshine pics before I set it. If the sun ever comes out, I'll take more shots. It's been drab here for days.

tl_moonstone_glow.jpg

tlmoonstonenew.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results