shape
carat
color
clarity

blue sapphire with potential?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
this is just one quick pic with a cell phone, stone not even cleaned, but I can get better photos if i thought it has potential. It is 4.10 with GIa cert. it is heated, but I am ok with that. Anyone estimate what I should expect to Pay per ct for heated stone this size? It has no window, just not the best photo.

_25325.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears so silky in the photo as to be almost devoid of sparkle - is that the case?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How strong is the sunlight in that picture?
Sapphires in particular love sunlight. Some die under fluorescent lighting. Does this one?
How accurate is the stone colour in the picture.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have not seen the stone in real life yet, these photos were sent to me. Not taken in sunlight. here it was taken under fluorescences I believe. This pic makes it look darker. I have until monday to decide if interested in having it shipped out. it has brilliant cut crown with step cut pavilion, according to cert. i wanted a velvety stone that does not look too dark and that seems hard to find!

_25327.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really hard to tell the quality from your photos, and in the first photo bright light is shining on it.

Questions I would ask.

What is the tone? Medium, medium dark, dark?

What is the primary and secondary hue, like violetish blue, blue only?

What is the hue/saturation in various lighting?

Can we see the entire lab report for treatment notes and measurements?

Is there noticeable zoning?

Is the silk too distracting, or just enough to make the stone look glowy?

I would need pics of it in sunlight, fluorescent and incandescent light.

I would like a side photo of it with the stone resting on its table.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the seller has shown you both the best case and worst case pictures. Under bright light, it looks beautiful. Under indoor light, it darkens considerably. I would inquire as to how much silk it has and whether there is any colour zoning, how much extinction it has. A side view will be helpful. Thus far, the picture quality is poor so I cannot tell much from the 2 photographs.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I'd copy and paste TL's questions into an email for them to answer, or call and ask them one by one :rodent:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree - TL has pretty well covered it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results