shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

islandmouse

Rough_Rock
ShineBrightLike_A_diamond|1418123717|3798153 said:
Hi everyone! This is my first post on pricescope. I have recently gotten engaged & am not only thrilled about that, but also my beautiful engagement ring that I thought I'd share with you all!

P.s what a great thread, I love seeing all of your bling!! :dance:

Shine Bright, that is absolutely stunning! I love your ring. I'm in the market for a very similar style now, too. Do you mind if I ask who made your setting? Gorgeous ring!

prideau

Rough_Rock
Hello all! I have been using PS for the past year or so for research purposes and it has proven to be extremely helpful throughout the engagement ring shopping process. Thanks to all the forum posters out there who take the time to share their knowledge about diamonds! Now that I have gotten my engagement ring, I just want to share the fruits of our (mostly my fiance's) labor!

ring_166.jpg

ring_167.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring.. just stunning! congratulations.. I love yellow diamonds.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the shape of the halo.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
maple2012|1415585104|3780365 said:
Recently married... and posting a photo of my new Tiffany's wedding band! It's the Channel half round band. It's the thicker one that's somewhere around .90 carats? The ring is my engagement ring, 1.73 carats on a brian gavin's knife edge ring.
Pretty ring, Maple. Congrats!

creepin

Rough_Rock
I've been meaning to post...

Brian Gavin Diamonds Signature F VS2 in Tiffany 6 Prong Half Round

bgd_ring_28.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty!!! What did you decide for small travel ring?

silverhorse79

Rough_Rock
Sharing a recently purchased 1.45 ct vs1 fancy pink lab diamond mounted on a vatche u113 platinum setting:

2_194.jpg
1_352.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
creepin|1418790473|3802784 said:
I've been meaning to post...

Brian Gavin Diamonds Signature F VS2 in Tiffany 6 Prong Half Round

bgd_ring_28.jpg

I remember reading some of your posts in RockyTalk.

Well done! Absolutely beautiful!

creepin

Rough_Rock
Yep. Thanks to everyone here I found BGD. It is only a 1.056, which I forgot to add. It is very pretty and I am glad I went with the solitaire. I didn't want to post a picture before I proposed as I wanted my now fiancé to be the first to see it! I'm sorry!! It was tough and thanks to the community here I found BGD.

The next question is, is the Dream eternity from BGD in 5 point stones too much for this size center? More to follow and I'm sure additional posts and questions of members...

I bought a preloved .307 Si 1 color L BGD signature to set in a ring. The pre loved made it affordable, but I can't seem to find a simple bezel to set it in. I was really hoping for an economical replica of the Tiffany Bezet, but in 14k white gold as platinum is out of the question most likely. This seems impossible. I have one promissing quote from IDJ, but I'm worried about the topline being too thick.

Oops and the ring pictured above is in platinum too. I have a few more pictures, but none of the arrows. I need to read the tutorial on those pictures!

Thanks again!!

Sorry for any typos - on my phone.

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
My Engagement ring reset!!! Only the jeweller shot at the moment, but more to follow.

1.14ct centre with 10 0.10ct diamonds surrounding it, in a platinum setting, with a platinum band.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
silverhorse79|1418929100|3803710 said:
Sharing a recently purchased 1.45 ct vs1 fancy pink lab diamond mounted on a vatche u113 platinum setting:

2_194.jpg
1_352.jpg
wow! lovely. what made you decide to go solitaire? you hardly see that with colored diamonds, its very unique and beautiful

silverhorse79

Rough_Rock
thank you. my gf has been hinting she wants a simple solitaire for the ering. i'm planning to deliver it this xmas, hopefully she will like it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zizzy|1417739194|3795364 said:
My new 2.02 carat J De Beers engagement ring! A magical surprise proposal in Westminster Abbey. I would have gone for a pave band but as soon as I saw this I was converted. My camera phone pictures don't do justice to the fire and brilliance of this stone.
I have taken pictures with a cheap CZ pave ring I bought to demonstrate the colour difference.

Pretty!

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Finally engaged!!! :dance: :love:

I'm in love with my ring..! Hope you like it, too.. :naughty:

20141219_072754.jpg

20141219_072629.jpg

20141219_081926.jpg

lnl001

Rough_Rock
WOW Sabrushi!! LOVE IT! spectacular! :clap: :dance: :appl: Congratulations! I hope to post one myself soon!

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Sabrush! It's beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement, I'm gnashing my teeth with jealousy over your lovely hands.
What are the specs please?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations.

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Zizzy|1419359024|3806546 said:
Sabrush! It's beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement, I'm gnashing my teeth with jealousy over your lovely hands.

Hi!! Thanks.. haha.. I did the mani myself! Could you believe I was biting my nails just a few weeks before we started talking engagement?? After that, I was all like.. 'You are nearly 30 y.o.. time to stop!!' .. so it seems it worked! :bigsmile:

Specs! The diamond is 1.70ct, J colour, SI1, HCA 0.5, GIA 3x (I think the cut is even ideal) w/ strong blue fluorescence. I was very confident when buying it, since the vendor had all the IS pics, and even real life animations.. I was just concerned about the 'warmth' it might have. Happy to say it looks super white! I paired it with a platinum setting.. and it looks great! :naughty:

I'll add some more pics just for the sake of it.. haha.. :lickout:

20141219_081200.jpg

20141219_073130.jpg

img_20141225_071445.jpg

dneal12

Rough_Rock
I love the setting, where is it from?

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Sabrushi|1419588193|3807835 said:
Zizzy|1419359024|3806546 said:

Hi!! Thanks.. haha.. I did the mani myself! Could you believe I was biting my nails just a few weeks before we started talking engagement?? After that, I was all like.. 'You are nearly 30 y.o.. time to stop!!' .. so it seems it worked! :bigsmile:

Specs! The diamond is 1.70ct, J colour, SI1, HCA 0.5, GIA 3x (I think the cut is even ideal) w/ strong blue fluorescence. I was very confident when buying it, since the vendor had all the IS pics, and even real life animations.. I was just concerned about the 'warmth' it might have. Happy to say it looks super white! I paired it with a platinum setting.. and it looks great! :naughty:

I'll add some more pics just for the sake of it.. haha.. :lickout:

Hi Sabrushi
i am new to PS and just created an acc just to ask u something!!!! LOL

i cant seem to send u a private msg which i am not sure if its possible to do so at PC

btw, where did you get yr diamond from? the arrows are so sharp! which range is it under? & how much did u paid for it if its ok to state....

I am also looking at a diamond but darker than J and also with strong blue flur. i am wondering if yrs look milky under the sun or if u have any pics under the sun to show me? or a video?
and yes, it looks super white! i might get one n set in setting with side stones so i am not sure if it might make the center diamond looks darker and milky since there's comparison lol

Thanks

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
It's hard to guess diamond size without knowing your ring size first.

I'll say 3.2 carats? :wacko:

gailforcewinds

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'd say around 10 carats? Gorgeous ring and diamond!

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
dneal12|1419644978|3808165 said:
I love the setting, where is it from?

Hi dneal12!

The setting is this one: http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/engagement_rings/classic-knife-edge-diamond-engagement-ring-ER29/
I ordered my ring locally from an Australian vendor, but since I live in a different state, I only had the pics (and that youtube video) for reference. It looks WAY much better in person, haha.. :tongue:

akoya|1419782024|3808721 said:
Hi Sabrushi
i am new to PS and just created an acc just to ask u something!!!! LOL

i cant seem to send u a private msg which i am not sure if its possible to do so at PC

btw, where did you get yr diamond from? the arrows are so sharp! which range is it under? & how much did u paid for it if its ok to state....

I am also looking at a diamond but darker than J and also with strong blue flur. i am wondering if yrs look milky under the sun or if u have any pics under the sun to show me? or a video?
and yes, it looks super white! i might get one n set in setting with side stones so i am not sure if it might make the center diamond looks darker and milky since there's comparison lol

Thanks

Hi akoya!

Yes, I'm still a rookie.. but I'm pretty sure that private messages are not an option.

I got my diamond from this site in Australia (I'm in Sydney), after researching TONS of places in the states and even europe.. and after reading many reviews. Also, since the engagement was overseas, we got it tax free, which saved us ~10% of the total price.. which came down to almost 10k AUD, including the platinum setting I mentioned on the quoted post above :naughty: (so with taxes, the price of the stone was nearly 9700aud).

The diamond looks amazing, and super white! I was in Ireland until yesterday.. so not much sun there.. hahaa.. but now that I'm back in Aussie, there's plenty of sun around.. so I'll try to snap a quick video and I'll post it here asap. It doesn't look milky at all, and it's very sparkly. I'm pretty sure that the combo of ideal cut + strong blue fluo should be the way to go when the colour is not 'higher'.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you meant by the range? But the specs I have are: 1.70ct, J colour, SI1, HCA 0.5, GIA 3x (I think the cut is even ideal) w/ strong blue fluorescence. If there's something else you wanna know, let me know and I'll check it out.. ;-)

I was also considering a 3 stone first! (and even before that, I was thinking about a sapphire!), but the classic look got me at the end. I'm not too sure how different it would look if the side stones are of a higher color.. but you could always check in a local jewelry to have an idea..

Good luck with the search!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sabrushi,

I would be cautious of stating your tax free situation.... as there is a form on immigration/customs as you enter back in AUS which asks you to declare gifts totally more than AUD$900.

I would be asking Ella for the post to be removed or if you can edit, edit the post before its too late to edit= 20 mins from the time you posted it..

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
gregchang35|1420301311|3811304 said:
Hi Sabrushi,

I would be cautious of stating your tax free situation.... as there is a form on immigration/customs as you enter back in AUS which asks you to declare gifts totally more than AUD$900.

I would be asking Ella for the post to be removed or if you can edit, edit the post before its too late to edit= 20 mins from the time you posted it..

Hi Greg,

Thanks a lot for this!! :wavey:

I was totally aware of it, but since I live in New Zealand (I'm not even an Aussie or kiwi myself.. ;-) ), the vendor dealt with the GST return form himself. It was pretty handy, since I didn't need to claim it when leaving the country (it was kinda like a 'discount' given by the vendor). I've heard some stories, but mostly the issues start when the claim is much more substantial! haha..

Cheers!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Ok.. glad that you are aware and it was all above board>..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results