shape
carat
color
clarity

To halo or not to halo? - The End Result!

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
I posted a few weeks ago about setting my soliaire into a halo. So....here is my 1.1 carat RB set into a Ritani masterwork platinum cushion halo. I love it! Thanks to everyone for all of your feedback!

The original:

img_7038_0.jpg

The new:

image1_0.jpg

Doesn't go so well with my channel set diamond band (it would be stunning with a u-prong eternity band) but I'm happy with the upgraded sparkle!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and looks huge! Lovely reset. :love: Enjoy in health and happiness!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like how it looks with the band. They don't blend in together, but look like 2 sep blingy bands!

Beautiful :)

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!! The band is a .5 carat channel set eternity band so I thought the larger melée of the new setting would emphasize that, but it's actually an interesting complement. It's so weird having so much bling but I love it!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"...weird having so much bling!" That made me laugh! I bet you're so glad you did it! It looks just beautiful, and I also like the combination with your band.

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
Haha..I think I will get used to the bling pretty quickly. I just hope I don't want more!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great and you have max finger coverage now as a bonus!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the end result! Gorgeous set.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW what a make over :love: It is gorgeous but please please post more photos. Need more bling photo to drool on. :D

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is my favorite halo - cushion with round center. So beautiful!

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I too love a cushion halo on a round! Congratulations!! :love: :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, how gorgeous! :love: Beautiful transformation allison, love all that bling, it looks so amazing on your hand!

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
Thank you, all! I really do like the cushion halo with the round diamond. I think the ring may be 1/4 size too big..hopefully resizing won't be an issue with the stones in the band :(

Anyway...here are a few better shots of the ring. Please excuse the rotation of some of the pics (oops) and my yucky nails and cuticles, how embarrassing...

image_2746.jpg

I tried on quite a few rings with a smaller halo and smaller (pave) stones in the band and while they were pretty, I didn't like how they blended in with the band and you couldn't tell metal from stone. Not the case with this setting.

image_2745.jpg

image_2747.jpg

The quality seems nice, and I like how the design of the halo is such that I can fit lower-profile rings right under it. It's not dainty or delicate, but I have kind of big hands for delicate. Fortunately, the ring IS more dainty than it appears on Ritani's website, and I like it much better in person. I think the halo manages to make the center stone look larger while NOT hiding it.

image_2749.jpg

I'm quite happy with the resetting! Trendy or not, I think I'm always going to really like this design!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Love it :)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Love your reset!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I love cushion halo's with round diamonds...your ring is absolutely gorgeous...great choices...congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks much bigger! Enjoy!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, not to mention a wonderful example of a halo reset. :appl:

Delcigno

Rough_Rock
It looks gorgeous! Halo ring settings are great for creating that large look. Great choice in customizing your ring

Delcigno
www.delcigno.com
FREE SHIPPING & RETURNS WORLDWIDE

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look at that finger coverage.

JewelPhenom

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous ring.
The reset gives it an entirely different personality.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great finger coverage!

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
OP here with a 2 carat classic eternity band from Blue Nile instead of the original .5 carat channel set eternity. I kind of like how the band is similar to the e-ring band but different enough to provide a little contrast. It is nicer in person than the bad bathroom lighting picture makes it look. Thoughts (30 day return policy so I have some time to think)? Thanks so much!

image_3686.jpg

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!! its absolutely stunning!! Congrats on the upgrade. :love: :love: :dance:

alison_lea

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much--I am loving the sparkle! My original set was very simple but I got used to the extra diamonds quickly....way too quickly!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your stunning reset! The diamond sparkles in the new setting and looks great on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results