shape
carat
color
clarity

My BGD 3 stone Crossed Trellis reset

puppalini

Rough_Rock
recordaras|1399746000|3669834 said:

Also, I saw in your other thread that it has been hard to contact BGD - right now they are totally swamped with Mother's Day orders (and they are also running a promo on top of that), but overall it almost feels like they need to bring on a couple of extra people stat. I think the amount of business they do has increased quite a bit over a short period of time, and at this point they are a little overwhelmed with all of it. I'm certain they will work this out, and I know for sure that the end result is completely worth it, so please don't feel discouraged or think that they see you as any "less" of a customer than anyone else.

Thank you for your lovely reply :) I did manage to get hold of Lesley - who put the diamonds suggested by Gypsy on hold for us. It was the weekend hence them not being there (boy did I feel bad, lol!) but also Denise was on leave for a couple of days. Lesley said it was def a good idea to put them on hold quickly as once they are posted in a thread they tend to be snapped up.

Anyway, once Denise came back from holiday Lesely handed me back to her and she has been lovely. Endessly patient with my numerous badly-typed emails (I'd be lying in bed typing them on my phone at about 3am, with half focussed 'old lady' eyes so that I could catch Denise in Texas time business hours).

In the end I actually didn't go with the trellis. Yours really is so beautiful, but then I saw other photos and didn't like them as much as yours and decided I didn't want to risk it. I was seriously losing sleep over the yes/no trellis decision!

So, I've gone with a slightly custom design - the Classic Three Stone but with cut outs in the shoulders like The Summer and stone heights as per the Tiffany three stone. Can't wait to see the CAD pictures :)

puppalini

Rough_Rock
woofmama|1396575331|3647014 said:
That is gorgeous :love: I love three stone rings and the proportions on yours look perfect :appl:

I agree! The proportions are just spot on :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yummy! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

crr243

Rough_Rock
I'm in the market for a 3-stone for my girlfriend's e-ring and this ring is stunning!

recordaras, may I ask whether you've looked at a wedding band that will fit well with this e-ring? I'm looking at a few trellis settings now (Vatche's X-prong, the WF trellis, and the BGD cross-trellis are at the top of my last) and my big concern right now is a wedding ring that will sit flush against the e-ring. My girlfriend would be able to tolerate a gap, but it'd drive me nuts!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Once again, thank you all so much for your kind words!

crr243|1401809838|3685576 said:
I'm in the market for a 3-stone for my girlfriend's e-ring and this ring is stunning!

recordaras, may I ask whether you've looked at a wedding band that will fit well with this e-ring? I'm looking at a few trellis settings now (Vatche's X-prong, the WF trellis, and the BGD cross-trellis are at the top of my last) and my big concern right now is a wedding ring that will sit flush against the e-ring. My girlfriend would be able to tolerate a gap, but it'd drive me nuts!

Thank you!
As for the band, I will be going with the BGD bezel full eternity: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/diamond-bezel-band-platinum-5596p I tried a bunch of options on, but I think the bezel band worked the best without taking away from the e-ring.
Regarding the gap, I'll try to take a picture for you later on. I'm not sure if this has to do with the size of the center stone, but the way the trellis detail is done right now it actually tends to sit fairly flush with other rings, I was even quite surprised.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I love the proportions! It looks wonderful on you!

hofjm

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm new to this site, and I hope you'll bear with me...I am not trying to hijack your post. :) I have a gorgeous five-stone white gold trellis-type (?) setting engagement ring I just got from my fiance in October, but unfortunately the setting is killing my knuckle. There is a huge space between the sides of the ring at the top (underneath) and I can barely get it on and off my finger, even with the ring re-sized. I came upon your post through Google. The new "comfort" setting you posted looks very similar to what I'd like to do with my ring. I actually would like to keep the top part of the design if possible, I just need the shank re-shaped so it is more solid and rounded (and possibly upped in size about 1/4 size). Can you provide some insight as to how you found a jeweler to craft the setting you wanted? First, I have not broached this subject with my fiance in order not to hurt his feelings (the ring is GORGEOUS and I love it, it's just uncomfortable - no way we could have known this beforehand), and second, I'm wondering if the original jeweler in town from whom we bought the ring is the right person to go to first about this issue? I've only found one jeweler through Google searches who posted some designs that look close to what I want (and he works with platinum - not sure if that's a deal-breaker for him), but I'm trying to figure out if it were possible I could find someone in town who could help me as well. I've posted a couple of pictures of the ring also (of course the pictures don't do it justice, but you get an idea of the setting). Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

img_6386.jpg

img_6387.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results