shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone please talk me out of buying this ring!

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been eyeing this ring for a while now and I can't find one wrong thing with it. It's a heated GIA certified 1.56 carat sapphire ring with diamonds and it's only $1400 dollars! I have that money right now in cash that's just mine to do with what I please but I will feel so selfish spending it on myself when there's so much I could use it for. So please tell me I shouldn't and that it's not a good deal or not a pretty blue or anything else you see wrong with it or I may become impulsive at this moment. I blame my obsession all on Pricescope! :wall:
__kgrhqr__nwfb_ky25gwbqpi2er4cg__60_57.jpg

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
_t2ec16r__zue9s38_gdtbqpi1osro___60_57.jpg

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
Seems to me the guilt/anxiety/regret for purchasing something you believe you should not, would greatly diminish the enjoyment of something that should bring enjoyment. There will be other rings, at the right time, without guilt. You will like them better.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks kimpnoth! I really want it bad but shouldn't be so impulsive. Still....

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it impulsive? How long have you been looking for a sapphire ring? How long have you researched quality of settings, diamonds and the center stone? How long have you priced out other rings in your budget? Is this THE one? If your answers show that you have researched sapphire and diamondrings and this is the one you want... go for it. I think it is a pretty ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the depth of the sapphire? The face up might be rather small, as sapphires are very dense stones and 1.56 carats will look even smaller if the depth of the pavillion is large. Does it come with a lab report? I don't care for all the prongs "eating" the stone, and the style looks rather 90's to me.

How's that for talking you out of it? :Up_to_something:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Can't tell for sure from pictures, but the center stone looks like could have some cutting issues or faceup really small
One carat heated blue sapphire isn't that expensive so mainly you are buying the setting IMO

If you like the setting very much, that's great

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it exactly what you want? Or is it appealing because it is right there in your price range?

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think what I like most about it is the color. I am looking for that perfect shade of blue and I think if I found that, I wouldn't care too much about what the setting looked like so much. I have one blue sapphire ring and it only looks really pretty in light rooms or outside.
And I think the price is appealing to me and the fact it is GIA certified. But there are a lot of sapphires out there. Here is the lab report. What do you think? Can you tell bby this if it faces up small?
__kgrhqv__lefcewqielzbqpi2ttjbq__60_57.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1418764356|3802463 said:
Thanks kimpnoth! I really want it bad but shouldn't be so impulsive. Still....

SCREW guilt and those orgs that peddle it.

goldstein

Rough_Rock
livannie|1418762368|3802424 said:
I have been eyeing this ring for a while now and I can't find one wrong thing with it. It's a heated GIA certified 1.56 carat sapphire ring with diamonds and it's only $1400 dollars! I have that money right now in cash that's just mine to do with what I please but I will feel so selfish spending it on myself when there's so much I could use it for. So please tell me I shouldn't and that it's not a good deal or not a pretty blue or anything else you see wrong with it or I may become impulsive at this moment. I blame my obsession all on Pricescope! :wall:
__kgrhqr__nwfb_ky25gwbqpi2er4cg__60_57.jpg

Heated stones are stated in ancient Vedic Astrology texts as being very bad for the wearer and bringing bad luck.

Read this section in a book from a man who did a little of his own study and experiment on Blue Sapphire bringing bad luck....

https://books.google.com/books?id=gt-nLtjUXOEC&pg=PA422&lpg=PA422&dq=blue+sapphire+bad+luck&source=bl&ots=QP6uVCDVZG&sig=mshE5FmWooFLYhHsaMMYJ8u3vd8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=At-QVJ61DIW1ggSi3IBY&ved=0CB0Q6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=blue%20sapphire%20bad%20luck&f=false

Did I help to talk you out of it?

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree Kenny! We only live once right? We need something pretty to make us feel happy once in a while. But that's pretty freaky goldstein :-o Guess I am in trouble for being crazy about sapphires!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I know we should be talking you out of it, but... I'm with Kenny on this one. Plus, if you've been watching it this long, it doesn't really sound like an impulse purchase (?). And the price seems good if it's heat-only (do you have any idea on treatment)?

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks VirginiaZee! Well I was wondering about that too. Would a GIA report state if a stone was more than just heat treated? I thought I read somewhere that it would but I am not sure about it. No, it's not really impulsive. It was for sale for $2000 but the seller brought it down to 1400 or best offer. So I just felt like I better think about pulling the trigger on it. I know sapphires can be really pricey, even heat treated ones so it just seems like a good deal. Plus it has a good return policy. But I just want to be sure I am not overlooking anything important. I am always scared to make big purchases, especially on myself.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me the cut looks a bit wonky. Also the hand shot shows the stone under a slight shadow, so I wonder how it looks in different lighting situations.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1418787108|3802754 said:
Thanks VirginiaZee! Well I was wondering about that too. Would a GIA report state if a stone was more than just heat treated? I thought I read somewhere that it would but I am not sure about it. No, it's not really impulsive. It was for sale for $2000 but the seller brought it down to 1400 or best offer. So I just felt like I better think about pulling the trigger on it. I know sapphires can be really pricey, even heat treated ones so it just seems like a good deal. Plus it has a good return policy. But I just want to be sure I am not overlooking anything important. I am always scared to make big purchases, especially on myself.

If I can read the GIA report clearly, it states "Indications of Heating (TE)" I THINK (hard for me to read). This means heat only, no other invasive treatment such as diffusion, coating, irradiation or clarity enhancement.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The more I look at it, the more I agree that maybe the cut isn't perfect. It is a really pretty blue though! But I think maybe I should save up for something really amazing that I will be in love with for a long time, instead of adding to the rings in my jewelry box I wear occasionally.

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The ring isn't the most flattering shape for your hand.

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooh! I really like that sapphire makingthegrade! :love:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful and looks perfect on your finger.

I'm usually described as an enabler because if people can afford to have something worthwhile that they love, I encourage them. ;))

I'm of no help to you at all unless you know that you really would enjoy wearing this ring. More power to you. :appl: :wavey:

I'll look forward to the post you'll make when you make your decision. Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results