shape
carat
color
clarity

BA ring W/3 row is it too much go with simpler setting..help

bld

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’m new to this website. Please help with this BA ring setting I’m trying to see if this setting wills make's 2carat center stone look larger or smaller. As I’m trying to make sure with the 3-row my center stone is NOT hiding and looks larger thn 2 carat. I’m looking for any suggestions you may have as my ring size is 4.

please feel free to suggest setting i like pave setting..

Thanks,
bld

octapus-blossom-ring-three-colors-461x461.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: BA ring W/3 row is it too much go with simpler setting..

If you want the center diamond to look HUGE - the thinner the shank the bigger the center will look.

If you want a "BLINGY" overall effect then the triple diamond shank will do the trick.

here is a terrible paint job I tried to show what I meant:

triplesingle.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love that setting. I'm assuming one doesn't wear a wedding band with it?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Personally I think 3 is a bit much. I like split or just one. That photo really shows the difference!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

Totally agree with Dandt, thinner shank will make the diamond look bigger. One row Iof pave or you can set it in a halo and that will also make it look bigger (https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/engagement/round-diamond-halo-platinum-ring-detail). I also think this is pretty if you want more pizazz. https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/engagement/solitaire-diamond-pave-basket-ring-detail

A 2 carat on a size 4 finger will look great. I personally wouldn't go with a thick band like you posted because I think it will really take away from the center stone and you really won't have much finger space to see the 3 rows of pave or if you do want to see it, the stone will likely sit up too high for everyday wear (meaning she might bang it on things, catch it on sweaters,etc).

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Personally, I like the single pave shank as well. Imo, it makes the center diamond pop more.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Are you the wearer? Or is someone else the wearer? If someone else is the wearer, did that person pick the setting?

bld

Rough_Rock

Thank you all for all your suggestions..

However, can anyone tell me what size side diamonds I should consider as I have clue about side diamonds sizes. I don’t plan on wearing a wedding band with this.

DandT – I do like the paint job thin band does look nice… great painting job!!!

Aprilbaby— no I don’t plan on wearing a wedding band.

Gypsy – I’m going to be the one wearing this yes.

Telephone89—I do appricate the honesty as I’m not good at picturing things with our looking at them. Agree the pic did make it clear for me.

Travelgal— I never did think about halo, but your suggations are great…

Cfluftist & DandT —will be too much if remove to middle row and keep the side two??? I just the side curve so should just keep single row??

Thanks in advance,

bld

Rough_Rock

BA with 2 thin side band--- please be honest tell me if still one thin side band looks good, i think i'm just liking the side curve with with two bands. however makeing my center stone look "HUGE" is still my idea.

_532.png

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOVE it with the two sides!! My second vote is for the 3 rows. I'm not seeing the stone looks bigger with one row, but we all perceive things differently. I LOVE the setting you are considering - unique and classy. Not something you see every day. Good luck making your decision. Do come back and show us what you eventually choose!

bld

Rough_Rock

However, can anyone tell me what size side diamonds I should consider as I have clue about side diamonds sizes. I don’t plan on wearing a wedding band with this.

DandT – I do like the paint job thin band does look nice… great painting job!!!

will be too much if remove to middle row and keep the side two??? I just the side curve so should just keep single row??

Thanks in advance,

bld

Rough_Rock

Telephone89—I do appreciate the honesty as I’m not good at picturing things with our looking at them. Agree the pic did make it clear for me.

bld

Rough_Rock

Gypsy – I’m going to be the one wearing this YES...

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

I think the two carat will look pretty big, no matter what. That setting is VERY high and high settings make centre stones look bigger. In addition to that, the fewer rows you have, the bigger it will look as well. However, going with only one row changes the setting so substantially, you might as well pick a different setting all together. That look works best with two or three rows imo.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love that setting…I think a two carat stone will still look substantial in it. And it's high so the stone will look even bigger…I like settings that are a bit bold and blingy - If you love it, I say go for it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

bld|1418918832|3803637 said:
Gypsy – I’m going to be the one wearing this YES...

Then do whatever makes you happy!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's a lovely setting, and I agree with Junebug and Maccers - your diamond will definitely look substantial in this setting, plus it will be well-protected in it! This setting is bigger and blingier than I would wear, but you're the one who will be wearing it, so if you love it, go for it! If you're still uncertain, hop on over to the "show me the bling" forum and check out what some other diamonds of that size look like in different settings - there's a huge thread devoted to rings with 2 - 3 carat center stones! https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ur-2-3-carat-center-stones-here.31514/page-12

ETA: Here's a ring I particularly like from that thread, MRB09's crossover setting made by Steven Kirsch:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-steven-kirsch-creation.163651/

(sorry - I'm having trouble with the picture insert feature.)

bld

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I agree with you i want something different i'm tired of looking at the same setting that all my friends.

thank you very much..

bld

Rough_Rock

Hi,

i was very confused between simple setting is or something unique. it's getting old looking at the same simple setting everyone has too bad i'm not a good artiest i would love to design my own ring.

Does anyone know of an APP that you can design your own ring??

Thanks,
Parul

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm still loving the three row you started with!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

This ring will be very substantial in a size 4. The head will be heavy and high. Maybe you can try on something with the same thickness to see how it feels on your finger. It's a beautiful ring.

bld

Rough_Rock

I'm loving the 3 row as well, but my two boys (9 & 12)think it's too much :( to be honest i'm loving the 3 row that is why i'm still thinking about it. however i still have to respect my kids opinion i'm soo confused :(

bld

Rough_Rock

yeah, also i'm thinking about getting this done in platinum to zoo it will be $$$$ i need to get some pricing as well for the setting..

swingirl

Ideal_Rock

bld|1419714402|3808402 said:
I'm loving the 3 row as well, but my two boys (9 & 12)think it's too much :( to be honest i'm loving the 3 row that is why i'm still thinking about it. however i still have to respect my kids opinion i'm soo confused :(
My kids never had anything to say about my jewelry (I never asked). Is the ring a gift from your kids or combined family members?

bld

Rough_Rock

nope, it's not a gift i don't have an engagement ring, and years went by and we became family of 4 a lot of expensis i kept putting it off when i got married i said let just get a house we can always buy a ring later... later is now or probably never in few yr's kids will in college i'll be worried about paying that and won't ever get one if don't get one now..

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The kids don't have to wear it and they are too young to know what looks good anyways... Just my opinion.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OP, get what you like, it doesn't matter what we think.

That setting IS rather high. My pear is set high as well, 11 mm (I just measured it).
It does get caught in rubber gloves when I do dishes or fleece gloves because it is so high.
When doing gardening, I have to take the ring off because I cannot get a leather glove over it.
Something to consider.

That is one reason why I went lower with my new 2.21 ct. diamond that is set in a simple pave band
which in my opinion makes it look larger (because your eye is comparing the thinness of the band with the diamond).
I am a size 4.5 and there are pictures in my SMTB thread if you are interested in how a similar sized diamond to yours looks
like on a similar sized finger.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I say get what YOU LIKE. That being said for me I would want something I could wear every day and feel comfortable with. Not having to worry about being too careful. I personally love a solitaire. You seem to want more. I also think a good compromise might be the setting Gypsy posted by Victor Canera. Looking forward to see what you choose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results