shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOW ME HOLIDAY DECORATIONS!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1418192540|3798740 said:
OMG texasj. That IS SUPER creepy. I would NOT be happy to have that welcome me on my way to work in the morning.

SPeaking of creepy. My mom got me a VERY creepy elf last year. I was frankly horrified when I opened the box: http://www.judesfantasyland.com/balloonelf.html

And I am planning on keeping it hidden until she comes over. It gives me the creeps.

It's TWO FEET TALL. I am thinking about leaving it on the ground and hope one of the cats destroys it or pees on it.

ETA: Apparently I can get 70 bucks for it on ebay. So I'm mot throwing it to the cats. But I'm nor ruling out selling it.

I think that little elf is a cutie pie! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku5|1418332916|3799639 said:
Gypsy|1418192540|3798740 said:
OMG texasj. That IS SUPER creepy. I would NOT be happy to have that welcome me on my way to work in the morning.

SPeaking of creepy. My mom got me a VERY creepy elf last year. I was frankly horrified when I opened the box: http://www.judesfantasyland.com/balloonelf.html

And I am planning on keeping it hidden until she comes over. It gives me the creeps.

It's TWO FEET TALL. I am thinking about leaving it on the ground and hope one of the cats destroys it or pees on it.

ETA: Apparently I can get 70 bucks for it on ebay. So I'm mot throwing it to the cats. But I'm nor ruling out selling it.

I think that little elf is a cutie pie! :appl:

I may be sending you a care package next year. After we move next time, it is going to get 'inexplicably lost'.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1418274056|3799307 said:
Wow, I want to compliment everyone on their decor but my mind is blown and I'll never remember all of it and be able to attach names to pics!

A few:

Junebug, love that burlap/rustic look! Thanks for the compliment on my wreath. There's actually another PSr, SBolte, who inspired me. I had a burlap wreath last year but did it after looking at Pinterest and kind of didn't know what I was doing. Once I saw hers, I realized mine looked crazy so I googled "burlap wreath tutorials" and watched how it's actually done. So mine turned out a lot nicer this year. If you look close at my pic though, you can see where I re-used last year's burlap and it's a different shade of brown than the new stuff I added. Oh well! It's between our main door and the glass storm door so I doubt any visitors will ever notice. We don't use the front door to come in and out usually so obviously the color differentiation doesn't bother me. This isn't diamonds, after all! There is room for error! LOL I'm so glad you shared your decor, it's so elegant and casual at the same time. Great job!

Makemepretty: wow, every room! All of your decor is gorgeous and fun. And your overall decor is beautiful! I want to trade houses for a holiday--remember that movie with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet (and Jack Black?) PSrs should totally do that.

Butterfly17, I always love your trees. This year's snowman tree is outstanding!!! I want one!

Cflutist, your house looks enormous--how many feet of lights did it take to do the perimeter? It looks spectacular. I admit I do like the streamlined look of the LEd to the icecicle lights of years' past. And I love that a kokopeli is visible just inside the foyer where your tree resides. Nice tree!

This thread really is a treat. My hometown does a tour where they sell tickets to townspeople and let them load up in school buses to tour certain homes and walk through to view the holiday decor. I went one year with my mother and found it kind of appalling. I could not imagine having hundreds of strangers tromping through my carefully curated home, but I guess some people are into that?! It was kind of fun to see but I felt a little too voyeuristic and uncomfortable. Like, if you were selling your home and overheard potential buyers' opinions...no, thanks! My mom always tries to get me to join but after that year (fresh off a divorce and losing damn near everything) I've declined. I'll stick with my annual PS christmas decor thread!

We put up 200' of lights to cover the front only. Would be nice to do the garage too, but oh well, good enough. For some reason those LED lights have a bluish cast to them which is why I liked the old icicle lights better.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We changed to a white tree this year and I love it! We have put presents under the tree for the first time this year and so far James has resisted the temptation to rip them open!

The smaller tree has my homemade decorations on it. They look fine from a distance :lol:

_25207.jpg

img_6331.jpg

img_6332.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
More pics, please!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't yet have a tree-topper, but I'm keeping my eye out! This was our first tree together in our new house!

_25302.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Our tree, etc.

christmas_2014.jpg

christmas_tree1_2014.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly! Do you have holly berries sticking out of your tree??? :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty decorations!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have not had a tree since my daughter and I moved into my father's house. There is really no room with all the clutter and my parents had not had one in their later years so my father would have hated suddenly having one thrust upon him again. I do have a landscaper friend do the front yard with fresh greens, red bows, and red and white Christmas lights. Since we have a white picket fence that looks pretty good, but the inside is nothing. I very much miss having my own house and a fairy tale tree, etc.

I have a door with Christmas cards on it this year and tabletop tree I gave my parents from a craft fair many, many years ago. I have to say it has held up very well. I suspect it is at least 30 years old! I am sharing what I have, but it is no longer the stuff of which fairytales are made!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

2014christmastree.jpg

christmascards2014.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this arrangement which was in one of your rooms, makemepretty. What is it? What is the wreath made from and what is it decorating? (What is the greenery draped over?)

Deb/AGBF

:love:

makemeprettyphoto.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419024057|3804384 said:
Thank you! I love both of them. I bought my decorations at costco & walmart (haha!) but neither of them had any tree toppers I liked. My mother has an old angel that I will probably ask for, as she has not put up a tree in years. I really wanted a lighted one though, maybe boxing day will have something delightfully inexpensive...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
telephone where are you located?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1419293493|3806109 said:
We have not had a tree since my daughter and I moved into my father's house. There is really no room with all the clutter and my parents had not had one in their later years so my father would have hated suddenly having one thrust upon him again. I do have a landscaper friend do the front yard with fresh greens, red bows, and red and white Christmas lights. Since we have a white picket fence that looks pretty good, but the inside is nothing. I very much miss having my own house and a fairy tale tree, etc.

I have a door with Christmas cards on it this year and tabletop tree I gave my parents from a craft fair many, many years ago. I have to say it has held up very well. I suspect it is at least 30 years old! I am sharing what I have, but it is no longer the stuff of which fairytales are made!

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

I love the table tree AGBF. That's a nice one!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419383631|3806851 said:

I know she's in Canada, but not where in Canada. ;)) Thank you for the compliment on the tree table.

Deb

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, I love your table top tree! I love how full it looks. I think I'll keep my eye out for one next year since we don't have room for a larger tree in our current place.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, everyone's decorations look like a magazine! Totally awesome!

Tweeter8177, I LOVE your holiday village! I've been dying to buy some of those.

Love the snowman tree. Love the green reindeer.

Makemepretty, your place looks like something out of a fantasy tale, like Alice in Wonderland at Christmas or something!

Butterfly...wow, just wow!

Mine aren't nearly so amazing, but here's some close-ups anyway. I'm not very good at decorating Christmas trees, but I did buy some nice decorations this year.

Happy Holidays everyone! :wavey:

photo_1052.jpg

photo_1053.jpg

photo_1054.jpg

photo_1055.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More:

photo_1057.jpg

photo_1056.jpg

photo_1058.jpg

photo_1059.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1419294816|3806120 said:
I love this arrangement which was in one of your rooms, makemepretty. What is it? What is the wreath made from and what is it decorating? (What is the greenery draped over?)

Deb/AGBF

:love:

The wreath is just an ornament wreath from Target and the garland is just a cheap one from long ago. It even has some gold in it but all together it looks pretty.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alberta, Canada

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1419410836|3807155 said:

I know she's in Canada, but not where in Canada. ;)) Thank you for the compliment on the tree table.

Deb
Haha yes. Unfortunately (?) we are not going to have a white christmas this year. Which is unsual, because it snows 8 months of the year most times!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we are a little late this year with the tree but as soon as it went up lol Tommy and Bobby just had to get into the act and now Francesca is under it haha. Decorations not yet on the tree. Only lights so far but I think it looks pretty just as it is right now.

Happy and healthy holidays everyone!

tommyandbobbyunderchristmastree2014.jpg

francescaunderchristmastree2014.jpg

_25547.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy it does look beautiful with just the lights. Your cats are like mine, the minute the tree goes up they love to lounge under it. Kitties make the best presents.

I got new stockings this year. They don't look that great hanging on the pass through, but maybe in the next couple years we'll get a real fireplace and hang them there!

img_20141225_180127138.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of my favorites from this year.

1505568_10102754143216720_3575131937238199025_n.jpg

1779845_10102746012366010_1178478913739457056_n.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1419708883|3808356 said:

This are lovely.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1419717958|3808423 said:
ihy138|1419708883|3808356 said:

This are lovely.[/quote

Thank you so much! :)

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I loved seeing everyones decorations(some great ideas to steal for next year!). I already de-Christmased but left the lone tree in the bedroom. My husband suggested leaving it up and decorating for each holiday, might do that. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
makemepretty|1419794474|3808799 said:
I loved seeing everyones decorations(some great ideas to steal for next year!). I already de-Christmased but left the lone tree in the bedroom. My husband suggested leaving it up and decorating for each holiday, might do that. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Makemepretty, why have you taken everything down already? It was so nice! Didn't you want to do the 12 days of Christmas? I've thought of decorating for each holiday too, but I can't think of how to do it. Any ideas?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results