shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to the warm embrace of PriceScope. Shudder!

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Being unexpectedly and newly engaged I've been poking around other fora like Wedding Bee, and while there are lots of constructive or funny threads and contributors, goodness there is a lot of nastiness, jealousy and envy out there.
It has made me realise how lucky we are that Pricescope exists. It is incredibly informative but also almost always supportive and non-judgmental (in a personal sense).
So thanks to everyone who makes it what it is!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, Sharon: that was the first thread I thought of after reading the post!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

Well... most of the time!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your unexpected engagement, Zizzy!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Zizzy! As for that other post.... :doh:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Ha! Ha! - I see what you mean. Still at least in that thread the OP is taking a fairly confrontational approach from the off. I was thinking of all the OPs writing in to Wedding Bee tentatively expressing disappointment or asking for advice on e-rings that they don't like or that are unsuitable, only to be condemned as mercenary harpies who should be condemned to a life of singledom ended only when they are eaten by their own cats. Even though her bf ignored her tastes and hints and bought her an Eiffel Tower with a chip in the top,in his lunch hour, with the change from buying new alloys for his truck, - she must be be grateful and remind herself how lucky she is even to have a man every time she snags her clothes, takes out her eye, and looks down at that monstrosity, every day for the rest of her life.
To have or dream of a high quality diamond signals shallow egotism in a way that dreaming of a beautiful home or holiday home, or membership of an expensive golf course doesn't. Oh and of course if you have an expensive ring then your marriage won't last!
I can totally understand why diamonds aren't worth the money to many people, I just don't understand why the fact they are worth it to other people annoys them so much.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your good wishes and congratulations! We're very happy and looking forward to getting married in June.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1418782598|3802693 said:
LOL, Sharon: that was the first thread I thought of after reading the post!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zizzy|1418836931|3803008 said:
Ha! Ha! - I see what you mean. Still at least in that thread the OP is taking a fairly confrontational approach from the off. I was thinking of all the OPs writing in to Wedding Bee tentatively expressing disappointment or asking for advice on e-rings that they don't like or that are unsuitable, only to be condemned as mercenary harpies who should be condemned to a life of singledom ended only when they are eaten by their own cats. Even though her bf ignored her tastes and hints and bought her an Eiffel Tower with a chip in the top,in his lunch hour, with the change from buying new alloys for his truck, - she must be be grateful and remind herself how lucky she is even to have a man every time she snags her clothes, takes out her eye, and looks down at that monstrosity, every day for the rest of her life.
To have or dream of a high quality diamond signals shallow egotism in a way that dreaming of a beautiful home or holiday home, or membership of an expensive golf course doesn't. Oh and of course if you have an expensive ring then your marriage won't last!
I can totally understand why diamonds aren't worth the money to many people, I just don't understand why the fact they are worth it to other people annoys them so much.

Congratulations, Zizzy!! :wavey:

Your comment about the Bee is SPOT ON! :lol: :lol: :lol: This post made me laugh so hard!

colorofmyheart

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement!

And the Bee is filled with spoiled princesses who want people to fawn over them, naive idiots who know nothing about life or relationships, and vapid witches who have nothing better to do than make other people miserable. I was on there for 2 years while planning my wedding, and finally got fed up with the shenanigans and had my account disabled. I feel bad for the people who actually go there looking for advice- it isn't worth it. Neither is the Knot's forums. Just some advice.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!

I do hope that other brides think the way you do. Our BWW board was so helpful to me when I was planning, but now it's dead.

I do think this is a very supportive place BECAUSE not everyone has the bridal crazies. Over on wedding boards everyone is nutz (I thought I was being a level headed bride, but now I realize that I too had lost some perspective) with the wedding planning crazies and if there aren't people without that on the boards to provide balance it all gets out of hand. The knot was the big board when I was engaged and it was a shark pit.

If you need help planning, or need opinions and BWW is dead, just post here for help redirecting back to you BWW thread.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!

I have been trying hard to stay out of that thread. I know posting won't do any good but I am sitting on my fingers. Well, not really because the 10 carat diamond and 15 carat unheated ruby would poke my Givenchy clad behind, gotten from my ill gotten gains exploiting poor chumps like that OP, but you get the picture.

Now I need to see what I can do to salvage my flooded, 12 year old car, which I really can't afford to replace right now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement, and welcome!!! :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dying over here. Just dying of laughter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1418927474|3803693 said:

Dying over here. Just dying of laughter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Zizzy, This is too funny! Congratulations on your engagement!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG Zizzy...that's hilarious! Change from his new alloys! :lol: What an ungrateful b*tch! :roll:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!

Gypsy|1418872067|3803368 said:
If you need help planning, or need opinions and BWW is dead, just post here for help redirecting back to you BWW thread.

This. Having just been through this a year and a half ago, and going through it now with my brother's wedding, I'm happy to help with advice/support/encouragement!

and haha, I LOVE Weddingbee for all the hilarious drama. My absolute FAVORITES are the threads where people are planning a wedding but not actually, you know, getting legally married because they're trying to maintain spousal support from a previous marriage or whatever - and it's like, do you really think that is going to fly with the court? REALLY!?

Because

a) Most people on Weddingbee, as most people in real life, are poor.

b) Most people on Weddingbee, as most people in real life, are sexist. Women aren't encouraged to want things for themselves, or to want things solely for joy, but ONLY to want things that better their families - this is why car/house/etc is fine, but jewelry is not.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually love browsing the ring boards of WB. However there is definitely this weird attitude about diamonds. I love anything that sparkles so I don't get the weirdness. WB is best enjoyed as a lurker.

Ah well. Each board has their own culture I guess.

As an aside, I would most definitely be classified as "poor", but feel most at home here at PS and on TPF. Better conversations, and really where can you find eye candy like this anywhere else? I like the mentality that it is ok to have nice things, women (and men) are subject to so much guilt about buying for the beauty of an object as opposed to practicality.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results