shape
carat
color
clarity

The Sholdt thread!

sunshine0808

Rough_Rock
I just love all these stunning Sholdt pieces! They are all so fluid and elegant! I love that they are unique and yet timeless too.

I am really interested in using a sholdt setting for my e-ring with an AVC as the center stone. I am particularly interested in this setting: http://sholdtdesign.com/Twisp/R489.htm

If anyone has that particular Sholdt setting IRL, could you please post a picture? I would especially love to see a profile view. I am having such a hard time picturing what it would look like IRL. Thanks in advance!

I recently visited a retailer that carries Sholdt, but they did not have this particular setting. Although there were many other pretty ones that confirmed my love of Sholdt.

anners11

Rough_Rock
sunshine0808|1375274017|3493612 said:
I just love all these stunning Sholdt pieces! They are all so fluid and elegant! I love that they are unique and yet timeless too.

I am really interested in using a sholdt setting for my e-ring with an AVC as the center stone. I am particularly interested in this setting: http://sholdtdesign.com/Twisp/R489.htm

If anyone has that particular Sholdt setting IRL, could you please post a picture? I would especially love to see a profile view. I am having such a hard time picturing what it would look like IRL. Thanks in advance!

I recently visited a retailer that carries Sholdt, but they did not have this particular setting. Although there were many other pretty ones that confirmed my love of Sholdt.

I just ordered that setting in 14K RG from BGD 2 days ago! It will be set with a 1 carat MRB stone. They said I should have it in 3 weeks or so. I'm so excited and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures for you!

sunshine0808

Rough_Rock
anners11|1375277991|3493634 said:

I just ordered that setting in 14K RG from BGD 2 days ago! It will be set with a 1 carat MRB stone. They said I should have it in 3 weeks or so. I'm so excited and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures for you!

I am so excited for you!!! I cannot wait to see it! I am thinking about a centerstone in the 0.75-1.00 range.
I bet the RG will look stunning!

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Where do you live? You could probably contact the Sholdt workshop directly and see if they know of a retailer in your area that carries that setting. I *think* Pearlman's used to send out setting for clients to look at before deciding, but you'll probably have to get your stone set from them if you did it that way.

sunshine0808

Rough_Rock
sortmon|1375294356|3493833 said:

Where do you live? You could probably contact the Sholdt workshop directly and see if they know of a retailer in your area that carries that setting. I *think* Pearlman's used to send out setting for clients to look at before deciding, but you'll probably have to get your stone set from them if you did it that way.

I live in the middle of Iowa :-/ when I checked the Sholdt website, there were no retailers in Iowa. But, I'd be willing to drive to a neighboring state to try on that setting. The Sholdt retailer I visited recently was in Chicago, but it was a spur of the moment visit, otherwise I would have called ahead to see if that setting could have been made available.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm from NW IA-yay Midwest!

I saw retailers in Des Moines, if you're close by there. One in DM and two in W DM. Looks like all three are Joseph's Jewelers.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all such stunning rings! Love that rose gold one especially... :love:

anners11

Rough_Rock
Here's my R489-1D which is also known as the Zara at BGD. Set in 14K Rose Gold. GIA XXX 1.0 ct K, faint brown. Size 6.

sholdt_arrows.jpg

p8230488.jpg

p8220474.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all :)

I thought this thread was worthy of a bump :tongue:

Oh, and I may have had an ulterior motive... :naughty: :mrgreen: lol

I was just wondering if anyone had bought from Buchroeders?

http://www.buchroeders.com/designer-engagement-rings/sholdt

They were linked to in another thread as perhaps being cheaper than elsewhere?

They have the Vashon ring for only $860 in platinum:
http://www.buchroeders.com/components/com_product_setting/views/productsetting/tmpl/detail.php?id=4000
which seems quite cheap?

I still like this one:
http://www.buchroeders.com/components/com_product_setting/views/productsetting/tmpl/detail.php?id=4338
but at $3k, my bank manager does not... :lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! It was probably me that mentioned Buchroeder's in another thread. I contacted them and Pearlman's last year when I was considering setting my oval in their solitaire setting (but decided against it because it would be set east-west). I contacted both companies via email for quotes, and Buchroeder's was a few hundred dollars less than Pearlman's, but NOT as inexpensive as their website lists. Buchroeder's does seem to be a really nice, family-owned company with a long history.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kristen :)

It might well have been, I can't remember now! :twirl:

Good to hear that they seem a decent company, though - I'm sure we've all experienced the ol' bait'n'switch at some point and had to walk away because the offer simply wasn't as advertised!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
OoohShiny|1404565307|3707224 said:

http://www.buchroeders.com/components/com_product_setting/views/productsetting/tmpl/detail.php?id=4000
which seems quite cheap?

I still like this one:
http://www.buchroeders.com/components/com_product_setting/views/productsetting/tmpl/detail.php?id=4338

Hello! I am ridiculously excited to be on the brink of joining this thread! I just sent my OEC off to Sholdt yesterday and will be receiving the platinum semi bezel from them shortly. I CANNOT WAIT!

Anyway, I quoted this comment because I bought through Buchroeders. I too was pulled in by the low prices on the website. I figured it was an error, but wanted to speak with them. Yes, it was error, but I still got that beautiful classic ring in platinum at a fantastic price. I compared and it was significantly less than Pearlman's and similar retailers.

Buchroeders was great to work with. I worked with Scott, who made the long distance transaction easy and comfortable for me. When I told him that my stone was an OEC, he called Sholdt himself to discuss the actual process of setting it, and then instructed me to send the stone directly to them. I have emailed with Kalee, and she is as delightful as everyone says.

So far a great experience. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have that gorgeous ring on my finger. I just wanted to chime in since I have seen Buchroeders brought up a few times and I went ahead and worked with them. I will return when I have pics! :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lisa1802|1405830490|3716902 said:
OoohShiny|1404565307|3707224 said:

which seems quite cheap?

I still like this one:

Hello! I am ridiculously excited to be on the brink of joining this thread! I just sent my OEC off to Sholdt yesterday and will be receiving the platinum semi bezel from them shortly. I CANNOT WAIT!

Anyway, I quoted this comment because I bought through Buchroeders. I too was pulled in by the low prices on the website. I figured it was an error, but wanted to speak with them. Yes, it was error, but I still got that beautiful classic ring in platinum at a fantastic price. I compared and it was significantly less than Pearlman's and similar retailers.

Buchroeders was great to work with. I worked with Scott, who made the long distance transaction easy and comfortable for me. When I told him that my stone was an OEC, he called Sholdt himself to discuss the actual process of setting it, and then instructed me to send the stone directly to them. I have emailed with Kalee, and she is as delightful as everyone says.

So far a great experience. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have that gorgeous ring on my finger. I just wanted to chime in since I have seen Buchroeders brought up a few times and I went ahead and worked with them. I will return when I have pics! :)
Hello Lisa!

That's great news, thanks for posting your experience so far :)

I'm sure it won't take long to come back but will feel like ages! :lol:

We will look forward to pics when it arrives ;-) :D

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
It's here!! Pardon the crude cell phone pics, but my DSLR needs to be charged.

Kalee was wonderful to work with, as was Buchroeders! I highly recommend them. The ring is amazing. Everyone is right; it's much more delicate in person than it appears in photos. I know that this is a popular ring on Pricescope, but I've never seen one like it in person. I'm just thrilled :)

Sholdt semi bezel with 1.03 ct H VVS2 OEC, size 7.

_21115.jpg

_21116.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
lisa1802 said:

Kalee was wonderful to work with, as was Buchroeders! I highly recommend them. The ring is amazing. Everyone is right; it's much more delicate in person than it appears in photos. I know that this is a popular ring on Pricescope, but I've never seen one like it in person. I'm just thrilled :)

Beautiful rings and hands. I would never, ever guess you're a size 7.

This thread is pure eye candy to me.

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
elle_chris|1407436175|3727992 said:
lisa1802 said:

Beautiful rings and hands. I would never, ever guess you're a size 7.

This thread is pure eye candy to me.

Aw, thank you so much! :)

One more because I can't get over how my stone performs and sparkles in this setting! (I was parked, not driving here!)

_21122.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kite Set Asscher in Sholdt Rainier Semi Bezel
Kalee Sholdt helped me source the asscher and super pleased with the results!

She was such a doll in all the random emails and picture requests.

1.51 ct GIA H Si1 6.56mm ring size 4.75

sholdtranierbypass_with_gypsy_set_0.jpg

sholdtterrykite.jpg

kitesetdtsholdt_002.jpg

kitesetdtsholdt_001.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I love it D&T!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
D&T- Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the fluidity of the design.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!

But what happened to the other one(s)? lol.. I haven't been around in a few years and think I've missed a lot..lol

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, Crystal,Thank you ladies! I don't want to take up too much of this thread, but just wanted to quickly show some handshots of Sholdts latest line 8)

Elle- Oh my goodness - its so nice to "see" you! I've been here off and on sporadically/infrequent over the last few years.. I've gone through a few iterations (wrong shape, color or size :wacko: ) but I always come back to my first love of Sholdt! though :cheeky:

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
DandT|1418782449|3802691 said:
Packrat, Crystal,Thank you ladies! I don't want to take up too much of this thread, but just wanted to quickly show some handshots of Sholdts latest line 8)

Elle- Oh my goodness - its so nice to "see" you! I've been here off and on sporadically/infrequent over the last few years.. I've gone through a few iterations (wrong shape, color or size :wacko: ) but I always come back to my first love of Sholdt! though :cheeky:

Well I love the latest one!! It is gorgeous and works beautifully with the bands.

We need to exchange emails and stay in touch this time around!! You're my girl, hun! :bigsmile:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful D&T! I really like your sapphire band as well, could you tell me where you got it?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww Elle! I would so love to keep in touch! I'm around not so much the preloved forum but in connection to it ;))

lknvrb4 said:
So beautiful D&T! I really like your sapphire band as well, could you tell me where you got it?

The sapphire band is from Jewels by Grace I love the proportion of the "marquise" shaped sapphire double milgrain to diamond bezel ratio!

Here is another shot with a plain 2mm Heavy Comfort Platinum band from E-wedding band (height is 1.85mm) which I prefer the look more. The ring does sit flush with my bands all the way up to 2.2mm tall at least.

asscherkitesholdtplain.jpg

NewBling123

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Coming out of lurkdom for those that would like to see the Sholdt semi-bezel setting with a smaller diamond.

BGD Signature H&A .6 in Sholdt semi-bezel (set in a local store) with matching Sholdt wedding band R469B-D (both size 6.)

(Of course most are iphone pics taken in the car after picking up the Fed-ex package!)

I love these rings - they are so comfortable! I requested to have the center stone set as low as possible.
The wedding band is so delicate!

img_6568.jpg

img_6569.jpg

sholdt_0.jpg

img_6570.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewBling123|1420330275|3811492 said:
Hi everyone!

Coming out of lurkdom for those that would like to see the Sholdt semi-bezel setting with a smaller diamond.

BGD Signature H&A .6 in Sholdt semi-bezel (set in a local store) with matching Sholdt wedding band R469B-D (both size 6.)

(Of course most are iphone pics taken in the car after picking up the Fed-ex package!)

I love these rings - they are so comfortable! I requested to have the center stone set as low as possible.

Gosh I really love this!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
DandT|1418767961|3802515 said:
Kite Set Asscher in Sholdt Rainier Semi Bezel
Kalee Sholdt helped me source the asscher and super pleased with the results!

She was such a doll in all the random emails and picture requests.

1.51 ct GIA H Si1 6.56mm ring size 4.75

DT this is incredibly cool! I had been eyeing that setting wondering how it looks on. Love it on you :love: Great with your bands too!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

This is so elegant! I love it :love: I have the semi-bezel for my EC, and would love a round as well & was considering a .60-.70. Thanks for adding your beautiful ring to the thread!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

Wow, that is just delicious! It is so slick. I love it with that size stone-thank you for posting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results