shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! Forevermark Firemark or Whiteflash A Cut Above?

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock
I have been offered very similar diamonds at the same price from two different companies. I have not clue what to go with as I am new to diamonds!

Please Help!

Which brand to go with?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to comment w/o more information.

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock
I have bought this diamond:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut-loose-diamond-2940058.htm

for just under $3200.

I have now been offered three different diamonds, all .74ct, all EX,EX,EX GIA in Polish, symmetry and Light performance all Firemark Forevermark:
E
VVS2
69.9% depth
65% table
$3150 (with mounting)
4.99*4.92

F color
IF
68% depth
66% table
$3200
5.14*5.09

F
65% table
%69.1 depth
VVS1
5.06*5.02

By a stone and mortar retail store

I am trying to decide between these four diamonds. Forevermark promises that their diamonds are Ex. or Ideal cut, but don't release how they determine that. I have seen Forevermark diamonds and they are very nice, but is there a difference between Whiteflash ACA?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF ACA is stunning. But why in the world are you going for such high clarity???

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing to consider is the upgrade policies of the place you're buying the diamond - WF lets you trade in for any diamond of equal or greater value. At many places, you have to spend 2 times the value of the one you're trading in, if there is an upgrade policy at all. Even if you don't plan to upgrade now, you never know what you will think five or ten years down the line.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think with the WF ACA, you know what you're getting - besides the AGL report stating it is a Triple O diamond, you have the Aset, the IdealScope, the Sarin - all tools which give you important information about your diamond.

WF has excellent customer service - plus, as the poster stated, the upgrade/buy-back/customer loyalty policies are extremely generous.

For me, (a past very happy WF customer), if I were looking for a princess or a round brilliant, I'd always go to WhiteFlash.

I don't know anything about the other vendor, but I know GIA does not grade light performance - and if a vendor does not offer transparency in their diamond marketing (you mention FireMark ForeverMark does not release their criteria), I would not consider them/their products in the same ballpark as a company like WF and their ACA princesses.

sweetlailani

Rough_Rock
FireMark comes with both a GIA and GCAL cert (not AGL). GCAL actually measures light return (or light leakage), and FireMark has over 95% light return. Check their website at www.firemarkdiamond.com It's supposed to be the most perfectly cut Princess diamond in the world, and the fact it's patented makes me believe that. I'd go with the more known brand - FireMark.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF offers excellent customer service and an upgrade policy. Forevermark says it's the most perfectly cut diamond but that's their opinion. The ACA will be spectacular!

CityEng

Rough_Rock
ACA FTW

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Forevermark diamonds are manufactured by hasenfeld-stein. They are a site holder and major manufacturer of fine round brilliant and princess cuts. recently they introduced an optimized cushion. Forevermark diamonds are the cream of their production, which they brand and market as "the most perfectly cut diamond". They are extraordinarily beautiful, and cut to exacting specifications. Forevermark eligible diamonds are a subset of what would qualify as an AGS0, meaning that not all diamonds that qualify as AGS0 qualify as forevermark. Their stones often match each other. They make no compromises. There is no effort made to "make weight". I have afew. IMO, the only thing that would cause me to chose whiteflash over a forevermark diamond is the upgrade policy. If upgrading is important to you, go with whiteflash.

Long story short, you can't go wrong with either brand.

Good luck.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what about them would make them better than an ACA?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They optimize scintillation, fire and brilliance while maximizing spread. I wish I knew how they did it, but I have seen their branded diamonds side by side with other "ideal" stones and they are remarkable.

Sorry I can't say more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results