shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Sebastien Barier ring from 66 Mint

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Tragically, I lost my wedding set this summer, a week before my 13th wedding anniversary. Once I got over my shock, I started thinking about a replacement set. This time around, I wanted rings I wouldn't feel the need to constantly take off to protect (so an engagement ring with a much lower profile and a wedding band without exposed pave). I also wanted a set with more of a vintage feel. Like many PSers, I was gobsmacked by Asscher_Girl's stunning emerald-cut ring by Sebastien Barier from 66 Mint. I started looking at Barier rings online and eventually made an appointment at 66 Mint. They had a number of gorgeous Barier rings in stock (as well as many other beautiful, drool-inducing estate pieces. It was a bit hard to focus!). The Barier I fell in love with was set with a pink sapphire but Marcus, one of the owners, told me he could order the setting and have it set with a stone of my choice.

He had a sparkly 1.38, G, VS2 RB stone with Excellent Cut, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish, and no fluorescence that seemed perfect so he shipped it off to Paris to be set. In the meantime, I found a lovely vintage wedding band in one of his cases. It was set with tiny sapphires but I wanted a version with diamond melee and Marcus said he could easily have his bench jeweler reproduce it for me.

A few months later, the rings arrived and I just LOVE them. Because of the art deco shape of the Barier ring, I'm wearing it on my right hand as it looks better without anything competing for attention next to it. The craftsmanship is remarkable.

Unfortunately, I'm a terrible photographer so the pictures simply don't do the rings justice. But here we go:

img_6339.jpg

img_6340.jpg

img_6341.jpg

img_6345.jpg

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
A few more photos...

img_6346.jpg

img_6347.jpg

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
66 Mint was such a tremendous pleasure to work with. They're a fourth-generation business and the customer service was impeccable. I'm finding myself check the "new arrivals" section of their site with alarming regularity now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring and setting and Marcus is a great guy to deal with. I'm sorry you lost your original set but you have a stunning replacement!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! I had the pleasure of trying on asscher_girls ring & the setting was exquisite! I'm sure you're enjoying the lovely detail of your setting. Really gorgeous!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very gorgeous ring. I've seen asscher_girl's and they are a-MAY-zing!! Congratulations!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! What a beauty :love:
The ring fits your hand like a glove and the details are stunning.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring and looks beautiful on your hand :appl:

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad you found the perfect replacement set--it's beautiful!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
They are both lovely. I'm sorry about your set being lost, it is nice that you were able to replace them with something so beautiful.

EC4me

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love the artistry of Sebastien Barier designs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very lovely! Congrats!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
It looks awesome. Really pretty ring. :appl: :appl:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring. The diamond looks huge in that setting!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, never heard of this brand before. Looks very comfortable to wear as well.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i just love settings like this! Wear it in good health!

D

Deactivated member 42515

WOW!

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone! The ring is very light-weight and comfortable. Here's one more hand shot:

_25262.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Really lovely set there. And I like the separate look, too. Enjoy!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very beautiful!!! :love: I love SB's designs!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really lovely & pretty :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on such a beautiful replacement set! It's really beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful! I really love the setting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring. It's gorgeous. :love: I am so sorry about the loss of your wedding set and I hope this helps ease that trauma. Your new ring is amazing. I just love love love your SB setting. It is a work of art. Enjoy your new set in health and happiness!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your replacement set is fantastic!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is breathtaking! I envy you for having a Sebastien Barier. It's on my Someday list! Enjoy this beauty and wear it in good health!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Love!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results