shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Victor Canera Jocelyn with Scalloped Basket

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting is divine! The basket details are gorgeous. Congrats!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Holy tamales holy tamales holy tamales habba habba habba :love: :love: and that is all I have to say ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKOK! How gorgeous is that??? :love:

I can understand you asking yourself the "why not sooner"--as it is such a stunner! May you love it forever! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh congrats! it is beautiful LLJ!

EC4me

Rough_Rock
What an incredible ring! Congrats; it's so beautiful!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect ring. I'm seriously in love with this setting and your stone. :appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful ring :appl:
I really like how it showcases your high quality F-VS1 diamond :love:

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
The scallops are beautiful - very royal looking! Makes me want to start waltzing.

syrahs

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love love love the profile and all the pics!! :appl: :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its just stunning!! No wonder you can't take your eyes off it!

For reference, can you post up a pic of the old setting? And what wedding band will you wear with it?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks spectacular!! Congrats to you!! :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
That scalloped basket is amazing!!! Gorgeous! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your reset turned out so well! :appl: Your diamond looks PERFECT in it's new VC setting! Welcome to the VC club! :wavey:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous reset!!!!! I just LOVE that he sets the stones with the arrows lined up properly. And those scallops and milgrain is just perfect. It really is amazing his attention to detail.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
It is such a beautiful reset!! I just love it and it look amazing on your long thin fingers! Perfect setting for you! Congratulations and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!!

cj

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, so beautiful! And it looks fabulous on YOU!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset turned out gorgeous! It manages to be both elegant and glamorous, and so at home on your finger. Enjoy!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful. I love the basket!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the way it sits on your finger, there is something so very sophisticated about it, besides being just plain gorgeous. Enjoy!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1418627831|3801333 said:
Hi arkie! Hand shots are really hard, but here are some ok ones. I need my DH to do these properly. I'll try to post some perspective ones later.

This is my usual view of my ring.

The "usual" view of your ring is bling ****. AMAZING. Those scallops give me chills! I have so many antique rings pinned with that scallop detail. Love it.

I'm so happy for you! I've been following your journey and I really think you've nailed it! Yay!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That really is a cool basket. I love how much of the stone is exposed.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Wow wow wow!!! This setting is nothing short of spectacular!
It really showcases your beautiful stone and I love how it makes the diamond appear to be floating above your finger!
Congratulations on the beautiful reset!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some hand and perspective shots. Really not so great, but I'm working on it.

dsc_240.jpg

dsc_0081.jpg

dsc_241.jpg

dsc_242.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dsc_243.jpg

dsc_244.jpg

dsc_0170.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so much for all you lovely comments. Thank you for understanding and sharing in my joy. It was my first day wearing it at work. I enjoyed every second I had it on. I am constantly amazed at the beautiful roundness and circular outline of the stone. I don't get how it sparkles so much...

I owe a lot of people on PS a special thanks, for their thoughtful comments and patience in my indecision, which honestly seems so foolish, now that I see the finished product.

MGR, Diamondseeker, arkieb1, Acinom, missy, Mayk, Yssie, m-2-b, Calliecake, OVincze, ame, tyty333, marymm, Logan Sapphire, marcy, paulav, SB621, cflutist, thank you all so much. Your opinions and observations helped me get here. I know I am missing lots of others too. Please know I am truly grateful.

So after wearing it for a day, here are some of my observations.

1. I am surprised to find that my stone actually looks BIG to me. Not TOO big, mind you, but big. ;-) (And I have never really seen my stone as big.) So much so that I don't have a desire to upgrade in size. (unless I win the lotto, in which case all bets are off)

2. It looks sparkly everywhere. Fluorescent lighting, car lighting, overcast daylight, elevator lighting (of course the best), bathroom lighting, kitchen lighting. ok, you get it.

3. I love the details of the shank and prongs. I can see all the millgraining.

4. I love the single cut melee. Acinom and m-2-b, you both were RIGHT! It doesn't look weird with an MRB. (I was worried about that.) I can see the round outline of each little melee stone. ***swoon***

5. The prongs are perfect, tiny little masterpieces. arkieb1 and m-2-b, you were right! He did them exactly as I asked. They are amazing. I thought SS prongs were amazing. To me, these are even more so. (Yah, maybe I'm biased. ;-) )

6. I love the swoop of the basket. :love: :love: :love: Hard to believe I am saying this about my own ring. When the ring flops over to one side, it doesn't bother me a bit. I love that view.

7. I love the thinness of the shank. I can't imagine shanks being thinner than this. I already think this bobble head is going to snap right off this shank. This feels even thinner than the one I tried on at his office. (ok, again probably biased)

8. I love the bright cut pave. I have always admired bead set bands, but I have never seen such finely done bright cut pave before. I was worried because I thought it might look bulky, but it's nothing like that. How, how, how??? Less than 2mm, that shank. It fits a perfectly set diamond and two walls of platinum on either side. How does he make THAT look delicate and perfectly detailed?

OK, so what I don't get is how a setting can do and be all this? How is this kind of handforging even humanly possible? Just actually seeing it on my finger is a surreal experience. Anyway, these are the thoughts of a newbie. Thanks for letting me gush.

And as for matching band, I KNOW for certain I am getting a notched eternity made by Victor. I need matchy-matchy because anything less than a matching band would be a disappointment to me. Oh dear. Now that I've been spoiled by this kind of beauty on my finger, anything less would not be worthy. Am I nuts?!?! :errrr: However, that is a ways away because he needs my ring ;( in order to make it. I could not bear to part with my ring. :roll:

Maybe I will post some pics with other bands just for the heck of it.

And lastly, I am sorry for the ridiculous amount of pictures. Other than being happy that I got some good ones, I hope these pics will help others who are indecisive, and need more reassurance. Yeah, Victor's work really is THAT amazing. :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is incredibly gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I love everything about it!!! Another masterpiece by Victor!!! :appl:

q8girl

Rough_Rock
This is such a breathtaking ring !! Perfection in every sense. Love the prongs.Congratulations to you on your beautiful ring. Wear it in good health.
This is all I could ever ask for in a ring. I'm saving the pictures for future reference.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! that is a beautiful ring!... :love: :appl: ...can I have it?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1418712889|3802132 said:
Oh wow, that is incredibly gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I love everything about it!!! Another masterpiece by Victor!!! :appl:

Thank you DS. I want to dedicate this ring to you, MGR and m-2-b. (((hug)))

m-2-b said:
So glad your reset turned out so well! :appl: Your diamond looks PERFECT in it's new VC setting! Welcome to the VC club! :wavey:

m-2-b, (((hug))) Thank you for being an inspiration.

MissGotRocks|1418643221|3801395 said:
It is gorgeous! I love how delicate the shank is then you get the big bang with your center stone!

I am so glad that you are delighted with the ring but then who wouldn't be? It's been a journey for you but one that ended up beautifully! Go enjoy all the sparkles under the Christmas tree and don't forget hand shots with your bracelet for us!!

Thank you MGR. (((hug))) Just thank you...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results