shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Victor Canera Jocelyn with Scalloped Basket

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first thing that I thought was that I have never seen my stone look so beautiful before. Then the second thing was why the heck did it take me so long to commit to having Victor do my setting?!?! Well, I'm glad I'm finally here. And I'm soooo glad I did NOT do a halo. I LOVE staring at the roundness that is my MRB. And with his teeny-tiny prongs, and my nearsighted and farsightedness, I can't see a thing holding my stone in place. I LOVE IT!!!

The two previous settings NEVER showed off the stone to it's best advantage. This one FINALLY does. When I laid my eyes on it, my heart knew this is the setting I have always wanted.

So without further ado, here is the link to the video, and his webpage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qYGSE145E

https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/engagement/the-jocelyn-with-scalloped-basket

MRB
2.59 ct
F, VS1
GIA, 3X
HCA 1.6
Medium blue fluorescence
56%
62.4%

I'll blabber more about it later. Here are the pictures. (Forgive me. These are all night time photos. I have to round up the daytime ones. I lost over 100 photos that I took and I'm trying desperately to recover them. :doh:)

dsc_0178.jpg

dsc_0080.jpg

dsc_216.jpg

dsc_215.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably my favorite picture. My son cropped this one. I almost deleted the original. I thought it was too weird.

dsc_220.jpg

dsc_0094.jpg

dsc_221.jpg

dsc_222.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I have MORE...

dsc_223.jpg

dsc_0109.jpg

dsc_0110.jpg

dsc_0111.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on your new setting! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been eagerly waiting for you to post pics, it's magnificent and I think you are right it makes your centre stone not only the star but look bigger now as well. Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I think we need handshots :D :sun:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So one of the things I really disliked about my old setting was the ugly side view. I swear I look at the side 80% of the time. So I had to have bling in the basket.

I LOVE the single cut melee. I can see the outline of every little stone. I sparkles all day in ALL lighting. The work is so detailed and fine.

Sparkle 24-7, 360 degrees! woo-hoo!! :dance:

dsc_224.jpg

dsc_0114.jpg

dsc_225.jpg

dsc_0117.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've read people have described Victor's rings as extremely delicate. I never realized what that meant until now. I measured the shank with calipers, and it was just under 2mm. How he can get all that detail onto 2mm is beyond me. All that detail is completely visible to the naked eye. Unbelievable...

Here are a few taken at night without the flash.

dsc_0071.jpg

dsc_0140.jpg

dsc_0148.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi arkie! Hand shots are really hard, but here are some ok ones. I need my DH to do these properly. I'll try to post some perspective ones later.

This is my usual view of my ring.

dsc_226.jpg

dsc_0163.jpg

dsc_0165.jpg

dsc_0166.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some daytime photos, no flash...

dsc_0179.jpg

dsc_0180.jpg

dsc_228.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell? I love my ring. Ok, almost done for tonight. I know. It's over the top how many pics I took. Believe it or not, I probably deleted 3x as many.

SORRY. Forgot to mention my ring size is 4.5.

My DH's favorite shot.

dsc_0190.jpg

dsc_0289.jpg

dsc_232.jpg

dsc_231.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last batch I think, for tonight at least. I will have the DH take some more perspective shots soon.

And finally the usual view...

dsc_233.jpg

dsc_234.jpg

dsc_0309.jpg

dsc_0307.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! And it looks amazing on you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found some less ugly iphone hand shots. Promise I will do better with the SLR soon.

_25234.jpg

_25235.jpg

_25236.jpg

_25237.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hearts-arrows_girl|1418625612|3801320 said:
Beautiful! Congrats on your new setting! :appl:

Thank you hearts-arrows girl. I love it.

arkieb1 said:
I've been eagerly waiting for you to post pics, it's magnificent and I think you are right it makes your centre stone not only the star but look bigger now as well. Congrats :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I think we need handshots :D :sun:

arkieb1, what you said was true. Victor would make a magnificent piece. He did, and I was worried for nothing. Then I think back on all the people that have his pieces that KNEW it. Then nervous nellies like me are so skeptical until we experience it for ourselves. I kind of laugh when I think about what all VC owners think when the newbies are all stressing out. :lol: Yeah, I know. "I told you so" in the BEST way!! Yah! You SURE did! "I'm a believer..."

ricezo said:
So beautiful! And it looks amazing on you! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Thank you ricezo. For once, I heartily agree. It does look amazing. And I'm still amazed that it does. :D

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love it! The top face up view is classic that you won't tire of. But the profile is unexpected and so pretty :love: Hope to see your daylight shots soon.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I am so happy for you!!!
Your ring looks amazing. Every single detail is stunning and shows Victor's excellent craftmanship.
The scalloped profile is so beautiful and I am sure you enjoy that part of the eyecandy a lot.

This ring has personality enough to wear on its own. It delicate, but sturdy made and your stone looks so BIG.
Will you wear it alone or combine it with a band eventually?

Enjoy wearing your ring and please post many more. I would love to see a shot with your bracelet.

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
I'm drooling over here. That basket is to die for. I hope it brings you lots of joy for many years!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, your ring is not only GORGEOUS it is perfect in every way! :love: I am so happy for you that you love it! It is indeed a work of art. Enjoy in much health and happiness! And please indulge us with many many more pictures. :appl:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! It is beyond beautiful, I love every detail! It is perfection. :love: :love: :love: I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I love how delicate the shank is then you get the big bang with your center stone!

I am so glad that you are delighted with the ring but then who wouldn't be? It's been a journey for you but one that ended up beautifully! Go enjoy all the sparkles under the Christmas tree and don't forget hand shots with your bracelet for us!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is stunning, I really love this setting for your diamond!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Simply spectacular! So delicate and refined. It's elegant and flashy all rolled into one! Very delicate...how does he do it?!? And the double prongs are TDF!!

Beautiful! Enjoy!! :appl: :love: :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Magnificent! Love that particular setting and enjoyed looking at your pictures :love:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so super fabulous!! :love: :love: :love:

Awesome choices! its amazing! Have to love Victor's talent! I'm a fan!

Ok... What is the band plan? :devil: :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
This is exquisite! The scalloped basket, the prongs, the almost imperceptible detail of the milgrain edge on the shank, wow :love: :love:
Your old setting was blingy, but this is pure class & absolutely gorgeous!!! So very happy for you!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!
It looks absolutely beautiful on you!
Congrats on a great ring and wear it in good health!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
It's just gorgeous! Simply beautiful!! Congratulations and enjoy your new ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results