shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Identifying History of Ring Pre-Proposal

bean40

Rough_Rock
Hello,

This is my first post here although I've been reading up for a few weeks now, so I hope this is the right place to post this. I plan to propose to my girlfriend in a couple months with the ring that I have been given that was given from my grandmother to my mother and now to me. We do not know anything of the history of the ring, and I was wondering where I should post pictures to get everyone's thoughts/advice on the ring? Also, when I take pictures, are there certain angles that help in identifying? I assume the marks on the inside of the ring as best I can photograph them..

Thanks in advance.

bean40

Rough_Rock
Here are some pictures to help. Will add more soon.

img_6207.jpg

img_6208.jpg

img_6209.jpg

img_6210.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Can you take it to an appraiser to get an idea?

cheers--Sharon

bean40

Rough_Rock
Hi Sharon,

That's my plan for next weekend, unfortunately this weekend I wasn't able to book anyone recommended. I will certainly share what I learn once it's appraised.

Thanks!

bean40

Rough_Rock
So, it's been appraised, the ring itself is Baskin Brothers, but the diamond appears to be a newer one, as it's likely from the 60s-80s. It was appraised as SI1 / G with no fluorescence

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
So nice that you have a family ring you can use! Good luck with the proposal. Come back and post some pictures of the stone head on so we can enjoy it too!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
bean40|1418516938|3800777 said:
So, it's been appraised, the ring itself is Baskin Brothers, but the diamond appears to be a newer one, as it's likely from the 60s-80s. It was appraised as SI1 / G with no fluorescence

That sounds about right. Typically you need a straight head on shot of the diamond which shows us facet pattern so we can identify type of cut, but even from the angled photos you posted I didn't think it was an old cut.

Regardless the ring is beautiful! I love the classic setting and your future MRS. should be thrilled with it! :appl: :appl: :appl: Good luck on your proposal!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad you now know and came back to share! And for sure--hand shots (post proposal) are requisite!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results