shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

Flyer

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I recently bought an engagement ring, it was advertised as a 1ct center stone F-G, SI1-SI2. However, it is certified by IGI to be a 1ct stone H-I, I.

Also, there are 1/6ct worth of side stones which are graded with color H-I instead of F-G.

I was offered to return it for a full refund, or the company would refund me $400 for the difference To keep the ring as is.

The ring was about 4400. Is it worth it to keep the ring that has a lower grading than what I bought?

Thanks for your input.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Return it and get the full refund now.

If igi graded it that low, who knows what a reputable lab like gia or AGS would have graded it.

4400 is a healthy budget, we can certainly help you find a ring worth that price.

I do not think your current ring is.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto. If you love the look of the ring, take photos, and then post here asking for shopping help. I'm sure the PS brain trust can help you find what you are looking for in your budget.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Return it. Otherwise you are encouraging that vendor to misrepresent their goods and get away with it. You can do better and find and find an accurately represented stone and setting with a little PS help.

kelmel

Rough_Rock
Return it!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Return it, but if you have great sentimental value in it already, I would keep it and ask for $500 refund - it has affected your
enjoyment of the ring.

Flyer

Rough_Rock
This is what the ring looks like.

Does anyone have any experience with Barkev's rings?

Thanks for all the replies.

size-4.jpeg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
RETURN IT! Definitely not work 4k or even close to that!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heres a setting from JA

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/14k-white-gold-twisted-pave-shank-contemporary-solitaire-item-6859

after their current 15% off discount sale that's what, 775 ish?

with this would put you at about 4500, a VERY similar ring design, anda markedly better stone ( based on the lab that graded it, your current stone is verly likely a J, and this one is, I would wager to bet, much better cut) I prefer tables closer to 55%, BUT compared to what you had bought, like I said, much better...and you aren't giving up much in CTW this way. And, depending on how deep your stone is, this one might even look the same size, or BIGGER than your current one (that you should totally return)

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/0.91-carat-j-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-382433

Flyer

Rough_Rock
Also, I did have the ring looked at by a private jeweler who is a GIA certified gemologist. He did mention the stone is very well cut. He rated the stone at J color but stated it was SI2 clarity. He said the diamond was nice.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flyer|1418592290|3801116 said:
Also, I did have the ring looked at by a private jeweler who is a GIA certified gemologist. He did mention the stone is very well cut. He rated the stone at J color but stated it was SI2 clarity. He said the diamond was nice.

The GIA does not certify Gemologists nor do they certify diamonds.

Now if a GIA Graduate Gemologist worked at an AGS store, they could have a CG title if they passed their exams.

http://www.americangemsociety.org/what-to-look-for-in-a-jeweler

Flyer

Rough_Rock
I meant to say he is GIA trained. But I know that GIA does not certify individual gemologists.

Thanks for the reply!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil has posted a great option.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I echo all the other posters - return it for a full refund and start over - Niel's James Allen setting & diamond suggestion above is quite similar in design and much, much higher in quality/performance (though I'd be sure to ask JA if that diamond is eyeclean - the feather seems visible in the video but not in the Zoomx40 static image).

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Return it...

Flyer

Rough_Rock
So after taxes and fees, I guess the ring that Neil showed would cost $1000 more. So is it worth it to have a better diamond grade j, si2 for $1000 more?

Thank you for all the replies

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Flyer|1418685392|3801757 said:
So after taxes and fees, I guess the ring that Neil showed would cost $1000 more. So is it worth it to have a better diamond grade j, si2 for $1000 more?

Thank you for all the replies

Of course it is you get what you pay for and if you use the guidance found here you are in good hands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results