shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help (Never Bought Diamonds Before -1st Time)

NewYawker

Rough_Rock
heididdl|1418523094|3800804 said:
The simple answer is I wouldn't buy either....and waste my money

If I post another thread next time. I will make sure to ask " Would you buy either of these? Yes or No?
Instead of asking "which are better"

Maybe some can comprehend that. Jesussss. :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewYawker|1418523543|3800808 said:
heididdl|1418523094|3800804 said:
The simple answer is I wouldn't buy either....and waste my money

If I post another thread next time. I will make sure to ask " Would you buy either of these? Yes or No?
Instead of asking "which are better"

Maybe some can comprehend that. Jesussss. :appl:

There is nothing to argue. Truly.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh we understand, neither one is better. They are both awful.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are really inferior quality, the design is not worthy. Not trying to give you the answer you want because none of us
would buy these. The diamonds in the centre have nothing to hold them in, just the tension from the outer ones. There are tension set diamond rings for single stones made by about 3 dealers in the USA and they put proprietory strengthing metals in the rings as they are held by tension, even the metals they use are a trade secret to them. These rings cost thousands just for the metal framework. You never see three stone rings from them or any ring more than a solitaire.

I have seen posters come on herewith maybe just four princess cuts in multi stone rings pushed together in an invisible set ring and one has falllen out. Some of the more expensive ones have the diamonds grooved to slot together and some of the others had pieces of what looked like strong nylon thread keeping the diamonds together.

Jewellers have written on here that they always discourage their clients from these as they soon fall apart and they put them together but they always look squint. Apparently they can only be set even like that when they are first made and it takes a manufacturer to take them apart to redo them and this would cost you about the price of a new pair.

Maybe you might be lucky and they will stay as bought, I suppose we don't here success stories of multi diamond earrings which have stayed together. I would buy these if I wanted them for about $300 if I was spending more I would want proper diamonds e.g. 3 diamonds of larger size or 5 diamonds in a ring and for the money these cost I could get a reasonable 5 or 7 stone ring with
better quality because remember the larger the diamond carat per stone the more the individual diamond is worth. These rings are put together with practically worthless diamonds, they will only cost a few cents each.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is one of the tension set manufacturers I think they are in the USA maybe not but this is one of those who use the proper tension rings and they are probably about $4000 just for the ring. Other tension settings are not as good in the long term even the single stone ones you see for sale in large jewellers.

Apparently they are German. There is also another two, think maybe Gelin Abaci is one. The other was I think Stephen something but I believe the inventor was killed in a motorcycle accident although the brand is still available. I notice that Neissing does some stainless steel too but not sure how expensive they would be.

I am just writing this to prove to you that other tension rings have not been developed in the same way and are just copying the concept but without the science and technology behind it. Get the earrings if you want but as long as you don't expect to have them in say 5 years or so. If you can afford to spend that on throw away earrings that is fine.

We are just trying to give good information not to derail you from buying good earrings - we don't think these are, many of us and
a good jeweller would tell you the same.

http://en.niessing.com/tension-ring

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Incase you don't want to bother reading my essay above lol: this says it all -

Neissing website: We developed our own Niessing platinum and gold alloys and a unique forging method to enable us to precisely determine and permanently conserve the tension force needed to secure the diamond.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
+1,000 Pyramid! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results