shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on B2CJewels - GIA 1.56K J VS1 Excellent Cut - Help!

Advancetec

Rough_Rock
I was hoping for some advice on this diamond I am about to purchase.

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-6227556-1.56-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-VS1-clarity.aspx

I messaged the company with concern about the diamond having a cloudy or milky look due to the strong flourecense. They had the gemologist look at it and said that there was no effect from the flourescense in normal light.

He also said it was eye clean with complete white face up with excellent fire and brilliance.

He also sent me a link discounting it like $100.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Bharrr727

Rough_Rock
Re: Advice on B2CJewels - GIA 1.56K J VS1 Excellent Cut - H

Hey,

I would pass on this stone, I don't think it will have great sparkle and fire.

It's HCA score is 5.4, it's recommended that it be under 2.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

Bharrr727 said:
I would pass on this stone, I don't think it will have great sparkle and fire.

It's HCA score is 5.4, it's recommended that it be under 2.

+1. You can see significant leakage under the table. I would pass. You can do better. What is your budget and specs? Maybe we can help?

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Thanks guys...

Recommendations would be great! I don't know about the scoring system you guys go by so that would be helpful!

Looking for 1.50

Budget $7500 (Prefer $7200 or less)

Budget puts me at a J which I think I am ok with.

Really wanted a excellent cut and eye clean VS1 or VS2

My biggest concern is sparkle.

Thanks

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Thanks Julie!

I appreciate your help.

I am awaiting on a reply from B2C on the Diamond you listed.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks fine. B2C also has a very good return policy.

Ask them if the 1.50 stone has any reason to stop them from recommending it. Ask if the fluorescence causes any haziness.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhh I like the stone JulieN picked :appl: Should be awesome and strong blue fluo to boot :love: If it is not over blue of hazy, I think you have an awesome winner!! :love:

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Thanks Julie and Diamondbug!

I asked the questions about the haziness and if there was any reason they would not recommend it. Waiting on there reply.

So does this 1.50 Score a lot better than my original pick? Is there any other diamonds I should inquiry about on there site before committing?

Thanks a ton!

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

They replied

We have spoken to our diamond partner's gemologist on stock # 6498379 and as per him, as a J color, this diamond has a very slight warm brown tinge. This diamond when mounted on a setting will give an whiter face-up. The diamond is spotless eye-clean and the strong fluorescence does not make the diamond milky. Overall, it is a very good value-for-money diamond. Please click here to view all images of it.

Not too reassuring

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

that is their way of being reassuring. You asked them questions, they gave you the answers.

If you had asked other types of questions, like "will it sparkle?" they might have been reassuring in a different way.

BTW put it on HOLD before some lurker snatches it! Inquiring about stone does not put it on hold for you.

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Do you think it will have a brown look?

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Do you think I should buy the setting from them or just the diamond?

She likes just a solitare with small diamonds on the outside ( not chanal set) of the band like this

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Round/1/75...-Diamond-Ring-14K-White-Gold-(1-4-cttw.).aspx

But I don't like that it's only 1/4k and they don't offer one with more diamonds (I prefer closer to 1/2k

I really like

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Round/1/85...Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-14K-White-Gold.aspx

but dislike the circle around the diamond blocking the side view..... And they don't offer it without the circle support around the diamond.

What do you guys think?

Also if I can afford platinum should I do that over white gold?

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Hey Julie!

Thanks so much for your help! I would like to purchase now but was hoping to get ur advice on the other questions I posted.

Thanks so much!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Have you ever seen a J? I/J is very popular for people who are looking for a bigger stone and don't care to have something bright white.

If you want something whiter you'd have to drop to the 1.3ish range. Honestly your budget is tight even for 1.5 ct Js, only with strong fluorescence was I able to find something in your budget.

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

Yes I have seen some. To me the J looked pretty good when looking at it by itself. If you hold it next to a D - H then it's really noticeable lol. In the real world that would rarely happen.

Any advice on the setting?

Do you think this one with the round support in between the prongs will take away from the diamond much?

http://www.b2cjewels.com/Round/1/85...Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-14K-White-Gold.aspx

Or would I be better with just standard 4 prongs?

Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the swirl setting is too thin.

1.6mm is really damn thin, and if it is paved then you have to make holes in the metal which weakens it. A thicker ring will be a better choice if she wants to wear it all the time.

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

So I have the diamond on hold while they try to customize a setting. I noticed today on the GIA report it has an extra facet listed.

I did some research and it seems like that's not a big deal. Just wanted to check with you guys

Thanks

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

[quote="JulieN|1418591169|3801104"]...0/1998HondaPhotos/image_zps0faea967.jpg[/img]

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

As long as the fluorescence does not cause an oily/hazy look, where it seems its not clear and the sparkles can't get through, then you're good.

You will have a lot more options if you either decrease the carat weight or up your budget.

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

JulieN|1420242100|3811083 said:
As long as the fluorescence does not cause an oily/hazy look, where it seems its not clear and the sparkles can't get through, then you're good.

You will have a lot more options if you either decrease the carat weight or up your budget.

Somebody on this site posted this after seeing the pics below

That darkness to me, in these particular pictures, looks similar to what happens to well cut round diamonds in bright direct sunlight or just bright direct light. Frankly, the diamond goes dark, but you get a lot of fire (colored flashes). That's probably what's happening to your diamond, and it's not a function of the flouro.

For example, take a look at some of the videos on Good Old Gold's youtube channel - Jon cycles through several types of lighting for his videos. See what happens to the diamonds under bright, direct overhead spotlight - I think you'll see a similar effect. It's perfectly normal.

For example, take a look at this video of two H&A's at around the 1:30 mark: https://www.youtube.com

image_2818.jpg
image_2817.jpg

Without flash
image_2815.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If the pics you uploaded are of your ring, I don't see any blue, or anything that looks problematic, in those photos.

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

JulieN|1420261637|3811203 said:
If the pics you uploaded are of your ring, I don't see any blue, or anything that looks problematic, in those photos.

Yes it is of the ring. It just turns real dark when a flash is used...Some other pics I took which I deleted seemed a lil more purple / blue dark but there was sunlight in that room and I used a flash.

It looks like I will be keeping it. It looks real nice regardless

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Its normal for it to be dark in spotlighting, nothing to worrry about!

Congrats!

Advancetec

Rough_Rock

JulieN|1420354088|3811599 said:
Its normal for it to be dark in spotlighting, nothing to worrry about!

Congrats!

image_2825.jpg

image_2826.jpg

Thank you Julian everyone for your help! She loved it!

Is there anything I should have looked at as far as the internal and surface graining that's listed on the GIA report before the return period is up. I don't visually see any problems with that but I'm no expert. Was planning on having an appraisal done for insurance purposes as well anyway.

Thanks

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks gorgeous! Congrats!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You would probably need an expert to tell you if graining is a problem, it is usually very subtle.

Pics look fantastic! It looks great on her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results