shape
carat
color
clarity

Rikitea Strand:

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Amazing, amazing strand. The luster is out of this world, and the colour is so pretty. In the close up photo, that middle pearl is just sublime.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
More comparison photos with other Tahitian strands that I own.

First up is a closer look at the Rikiteas and my Kamokas. I love how the reflection off the snow backlights each pearl.

Next is a comparison between the blue Rikiteas, a strand of small charcoal Kamoka baroques from Kojima pearl, and a strand of silver bodied pastel round Tahitians, also from Kojima. Yep, lots of snow reflection, but the blues remain blue.

Comparing to my multicolor Tahitians I purchased at the ruckus last summer. Yes, the blues are smaller, especially at the ends.

bluekamoka_9640c.jpg

bluekamokacharcoalsilverround_9646.jpg

blue_9630.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, are the Rikitea blues as blue as the gorgeous blue Tahitians in my multicolor bracelet? :naughty:

I'll let you be the judge. :sun:

blues_0.jpg

bluebracelet_9670.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, those blues are fantastic; so glad you got your wish!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful FlyGirl! I'm glad you like them!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Your strand is gorgeous...the colors are wonderful.

katkashmir

Rough_Rock
I love the purple halos around the back (snow) lit Rikitea strand. Beautiful.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you CRDKeshi, cmd2014, Pirard and katkashmir.

Here is my attempt to compare vendor shots versus neck shots of two Rikitea strands, 1550 and 1554. There is different lighting and all, but perhaps some insight might be gained.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kay's strand, as I'm thinking hers may be the bluest of all. :twirl:

compare1550v1554.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1418350504|3799812 said:
Finally, are the Rikitea blues as blue as the gorgeous blue Tahitians in my multicolor bracelet? :naughty:

I'll let you be the judge. :sun:

Beautiful, Fly Girl!!! And lol, I love the diagramming you've done here to compare the blues. ::)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you blingbunny10, Tucs, and bsomlo.

bsomlo - I wish your blue Rikitea strand had been less charcoal green/slate moss looking. Given that I already have a Tahitian strand that is green over a charcoal grey body, I was definitely looking for something that was not that color again. For you, I think it is time to get out those madamas, your round blue pearl strand of choice. :love: Within your breast beats the heart of an akoya girl. ;))

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl your strand of blues is magnificent. I am so glad you love them. There is just something very special about blue body pearls and sets them apart from all others. You have something rare and I know you will treasure them. Enjoy your new beauties.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, The color and luster is great, your strand is lovely, so glad you are excited!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl's the luster on your strand is amazing, they do look a lot bluer than normal green Tahitian pearls. My strand is stuck at customs again lol.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Seems like purple overtones really enhances a dark blue pearl.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous strand, Fly Girl!!! You're amassing quite a beautiful collection of tahitians!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely strand, Fly Girl! Your pictures are fantastic, thanks for the comparison shots.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Great pictures and pearls Fly Girl! I especially like the one with the multicolored strand.

Lisa C

Rough_Rock
Wow, I'm lucky I checked to see whether bsomlo was resting and mulling, or actively searching for another strand. You ladies really scored. Your strands are gorgeous and colorful!

Thanks for taking the time to instruct with IRL photos, the side-by-sides and such. It's beyond priceless to a novice like me.

I still hope 1543's new mum will check in. It might be a gift, after all...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, that is one gorgeous strand of blues! The luster is amazing. :love: :lickout: I hope my strand looks that great. Thanks for all of the comparison photos.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1418361512|3799905 said:

bsomlo - I wish your blue Rikitea strand had been less charcoal green/slate moss looking. Given that I already have a Tahitian strand that is green over a charcoal grey body, I was definitely looking for something that was not that color again. For you, I think it is time to get out those madamas, your round blue pearl strand of choice. :love: Within your breast beats the heart of an akoya girl. ;))

Great minds think alike! Seconds before reading your post I had decided to wear my Madamas today!

ear_shot_2_12-12-14.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1418418110|3800239 said:
Fly Girl|1418361512|3799905 said:

Great minds think alike! Seconds before reading your post I had decided to wear my Madamas today!

:lol:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1418361799|3799906 said:
FlyGirl your strand of blues is magnificent. I am so glad you love them. There is just something very special about blue body pearls and sets them apart from all others. You have something rare and I know you will treasure them. Enjoy your new beauties.
Thank you, 4Ranch Girl. I've tried to learn my pearl lessons well. When I was deciding on which blue strand to purchase I kept thinking about your 'mancatcher' pearl and those cherry overtones. :love: That is what led me to Rikitea strand 1554. :))

cherry.png

bluesdesc.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1418362037|3799907 said:
Flygirl, The color and luster is great, your strand is lovely, so glad you are excited!
Thank you, Frost Me.

Lovinggems said:
Flygirl's the luster on your strand is amazing, they do look a lot bluer than normal green Tahitian pearls. My strand is stuck at customs again lol.
Thank you, Lovinggems.
I hope you get your strand sooner, rather than later. I'm looking forward to photos of your beauty. :))

Lovinggems said:
Seems like purple overtones really enhances a dark blue pearl.
I agree about the purple overtones on a dark blue pearl. I was looking for a blue body strand with purple overtones, and this one fit the bill nicely.

pinkjewel said:
Gorgeous strand, Fly Girl!!! You're amassing quite a beautiful collection of tahitians!
Thank you, pinkjewel. My blue Rikitea strand is now boxed up for Christmas. I'm looking for more photos of your Tahitian beauty after Christmas as well. :cheeky:

baby nurse said:
Lovely strand, Fly Girl! Your pictures are fantastic, thanks for the comparison shots.
Thank you, baby nurse. The pictures were my pleasure. I'm glad that you enjoyed them.

icy_jade said:
Great pictures and pearls Fly Girl! I especially like the one with the multicolored strand.
Thank you, icy_jade. Before the blues arrived I worried that they would look too much like my other round Tahitians. As you can see, I shouldn't have worried. The blues are a bit smaller, which I think gives them a more modest and refined look, rather than a "hey, look at me" look. This suits me fine, and in fact, I expect that I will wear them more because of this.

What a unique opportunity to get this blue body strand, thanks to the PP purchase of the 5,600 Rikitea pearls this year. The blues are the size that they are, and I plan to wear and enjoy them. :))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lisa C|1418400819|3800083 said:
Wow, I'm lucky I checked to see whether bsomlo was resting and mulling, or actively searching for another strand. You ladies really scored. Your strands are gorgeous and colorful!

Thanks for taking the time to instruct with IRL photos, the side-by-sides and such. It's beyond priceless to a novice like me.

I still hope 1543's new mum will check in. It might be a gift, after all...
Thank you, Lisa C.

Kay said:
Fly Girl, that is one gorgeous strand of blues! The luster is amazing. :love: :lickout: I hope my strand looks that great. Thanks for all of the comparison photos.

Thank you, Kay. I was really worried after bsomlo was so disappointed with hers. My fingers are crossed that yours is a winner. :pray: :wavey: :appl:

bsomlo said:

Thanks to the ruckus last summer, I know that pictures do not do your stunning madama strand justice. :cheeky: Thank you for sharing your story. :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1418349531|3799796 said:
As you can see, there is some color variation as shown in the vendor photos, but overall, this strand is blue.

Next, comparing the blue Rikitea to my peacock Kamokas, which are green peacock on a grey base color. Once again, the Rikiteas look very blue. I'm keeping my Kamokas, however, because they are a lot bigger. :bigsmile:

Oh my goodness, my eyes were popping out when I saw this photo of you wearing your PP strand and the Kamoka strand together!!! :love: :love: :love: Wow!!! That is truly a beautiful blue strand you were so lucky to get from PP...although, I don't think it was so much luck as skill in reading the vendor photos! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats and enjoy!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1418569655|3800923 said:
Fly Girl|1418349531|3799796 said:
As you can see, there is some color variation as shown in the vendor photos, but overall, this strand is blue.

Next, comparing the blue Rikitea to my peacock Kamokas, which are green peacock on a grey base color. Once again, the Rikiteas look very blue. I'm keeping my Kamokas, however, because they are a lot bigger. :bigsmile:

Oh my goodness, my eyes were popping out when I saw this photo of you wearing your PP strand and the Kamoka strand together!!! :love: :love: :love: Wow!!! That is truly a beautiful blue strand you were so lucky to get from PP...although, I don't think it was so much luck as skill in reading the vendor photos! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congrats and enjoy!!!
Thank you, LitGeek. Since the two strands don't nest, I won't be wearing them this way. :loopy: Some of the Kamokas have blue peacock, which you can see in some of the photos, and these pearls have a similar color to the Rikitea blues. I can't take credit for reading the vendor photos, as I relied more on the vendor descriptions. I was looking for purple overtones, and not green overtones. And, I should give credit to the sweet and hard-working Chenai, who told me that 1554 had the most purple. There is no substitute for seeing the pearls in person.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
FYI, the strand I returned is safely back at PP. If one of "us" buys it, I'd love to see neck shots down the line!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
FlyGirl,

You look amazing in your gorgeous Rikitea strand! Congratulations! Your taste in Tahitians is impeccable and what an outstanding collection you have!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - WOW! Your Rikitea blues are just gorgeous! And while they may be a little smaller they sure do pack a punch! Congratulations and thanks for comparing them to other strands in your collection (which I must say is drool-worthy!)!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
FedEx is still between me and my strand, 5 days and they still can't process an invoice. Will avoid them like a plague for my next project.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results