shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick help with WSS please

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I can take one pearl out of this 8 for a 7 pearls project, can you lovely ladies with keen eyes help me out? I've been procrastinating and I should make a decision soon!
Thank you!

_25107.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautifully matched. Maybe you should change your project to an 8-pearl.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what project is this for, that may help.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for your comments, it's for a tin cup so I only need seven. :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I would need sharper pictures and close-ups to be able to weigh in, personally.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I cannot differentiate between the pearls in that photo. With 8 round, white pearls, it is very hard to see meaningful differences from a photo. I would have whoever you are working with choose the "least desirable" pearl for the project to remove (based on luster, blemishes, size or whatever might distinguish them when viewed in person).

It looks like a fun project. What size are the pearls? One of these days, I would like to do a tin cup with WSS or metallic white FW pearls and bezeled aquamarines.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all beautiful pearls and look great together - but if I *had* to pick one to remove, based on just this one photo, I'd pick the 3rd from the right (can't really quantify why). But I would also suggest asking the sales rep who's assisting you with the project for her take since she can see them all IRL - maybe one is slightly less round or not quite as lustrous or something else that the one photo cannot convey. And, depending on cost, I might even consider buying the extra pearl anyway, to keep in reserve for a potential related project or for a replacement pearl should the need arise in the future.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you dear Bsomlo, Kay, Marymm. All of your comments are really useful. I will ask my lovely sales rep which one she would she thinks is least desirable.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
If it were me, I would eliminate the smallest pearl since they all seem well matched for color and luster.Or you could do what I did...have the 8th pearl (again the smallest) as a drop (end) on a bit of extender chain so the tin cup could be worn at multiple lengths. Mine can go between 16" and 19"

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hello Pirard could you please describe how this works? Thank you.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Let me post a photo, as a picture is worth 1000 words! Be back shortly...

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Notice the pearl closest to the lobster clasp...it is attached to an extender chain that allows the necklace to be worn at various lengths. When worn at it's shortest length (16") the pearl dangles down the back of the nape...especially cool when wearing your hair in an updo.

img_6284.jpg

img_6285.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow lovely necklace thanks for the inspiration!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pearls, lovinggems. Looking forward to neck shots!

Pirard, your tin cup is beautiful, and the pearl extender is very clever .

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It is my "go to" piece. Sorry about the bad photos, but I think you can see that the links on the extender allow it to be worn various lengths. The pearl down the back of the neck also helps to keep the piece from shifting...in other words, it stays put on the neck without having to be re-adjusted.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I think the original Tin Cup necklace had pearls that go all the way around. It's us girls on a budget that dropped it down to seven or five, in the front only.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Good call, ennui! I aways thought it was by design because additional pearls all the way around would make the necklace seem shorter on the neck (pearls would raise the chain around the back of the neck).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all, I may stick to 7 for now it's a bit extravagant for me to use the last pearl as anchor :cheeky: , though I may chose a charm or something to replace the anchor pearl.
Any ideas for charms? I am thinking of a ball shaped one.
Interesting fact Ennui re tin cup necklace, I wonder what it looks like on the neck with pearls all the way around the chains.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PP sells their 'P' charm. That could be cute.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
I use a similar 3" extender and pearl charm anchor at the end of most of my pearl strands (the ones that don't have orbit clasps :) ... the ladies at PP are very good at finding a small, cost effective coordinating pearl :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Good ideas! Let me think about it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Kay I missed your question, the pearls are between 11 to 12 mm.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1418351667|3799827 said:
I use a similar 3" extender and pearl charm anchor at the end of most of my pearl strands (the ones that don't have orbit clasps :) ... the ladies at PP are very good at finding a small, cost effective coordinating pearl :)

I also do this. In addition to giving options for wearing it different lengths- the pearl in the back adds weight and my strands don't rotate around my neck.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad I asked for help. :dance:
Sorry another question, is the extender chain detachable from the necklace? I might bezel one of my loose color stone and use it as an anchor.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is not removable, but you could simply add a small jump ring to attach and detach the extender so it could be removable!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Open jump ring nice idea!
How about this gold ball as the anchor, it's 9mm.

_25177.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
If the chain is YG, that woud look very nice.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Getting really excited about my new necklace.
Tucs I am still looking for the perfect anchor!

_25233.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
That's looking very nice!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tucs.
The pearl on the far left will be removed as it's more rose than the others, but it has such a lovely delicate pink overtone. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results