shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your e-ring's opposite style?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Very fluffy question but it could be fun...

My ideal e-ring is blingy, milgrained, interesting gallery/side profile, architectural and fairly detailed...this aesthetic lead me to Tacori. I have yet to tire of my setting - super costly but I've never regretted it and I really don't think I will ever change it.

Realizing I have a particular design preference for e-rings, I still find myself attracted/fascinated by what could be considered the complete opposite of Tacori: Niessing tension rings.

So, my question is: If you could have TWO e-rings with opposing styles that you would actually WEAR, what would they be?

For extra fun, please post pictures of your actual e-ring and your 'opposite' style e-ring.

I'll start:

_25139.jpg

_25140.jpg

_25141.jpg

niessing-voluminous.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it seems that I'm the exact opposite of your taste in rings, maccers. I like sleek and modern solitaire settings so my exact opposite would be something with side stones, halo and millgrain. The design that I'd wear would be something like asschergirl's ring from 66mint.

20140525_0.jpg

img_6296.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool thread! :clap:

I have a blinged out ring with tons of pave, intricate gallery, split shank, and double sided halo. The opposite of my ring would be six prong solitaire. :love:

My ring:
ring1_47.jpg imageuploadedbytapatalk1418133757.jpg

My opposite ring:
tiffknife.jpg

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Baby monster - I really love your RL ering. That would be my second choice after niessing. I have total baby brain and I'm blanking on the brand name. Anyway, I really love the version of that setting that includes the channel set diamonds down the side (I need my bling). I wish there was somewhere around here that carried that brand. Last I checked, the closest vendor was 3 hours away.

Msop - yes, I think a plain solitaire would also be in he opposite category for me and, man, there's lots to choose from. I briefly considered mark morell but again, no way to try it on!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say this screwy ring nails it.

guess_number_one.png

guess_number_two.png

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
msop04|1418338377|3799707 said:
What a cool thread! :clap:

I have a blinged out ring with tons of pave, intricate gallery, split shank, and double sided halo. The opposite of my ring would be six prong solitaire. :love:

My ring:
ring1_47.jpg imageuploadedbytapatalk1418133757.jpg

My opposite ring:
tiffknife.jpg
Flip above answers around, and that would be mine. I have a classic 6 prong solitaire, and I love the timelessness of the ring. I like the understated elegance. While I admire the beautiful intricate rings on PS, I'm hesitant to jump into something that although beautiful, May not stand the test of time.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rings...oec with my engraved plat wb and my suisse cut wb.

Antithesis...there are many opposites to my 8 prong OEC solitaire. A 3 or 5 stone diamond halo from Leon Mege. There are lots more opposites though to my simple solitaire.

_25167.jpg

_25168.jpg

r4217_50b260896c86c.jpg

5stonediamonder.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Easy peasy I like this thread!

This is my ring:
Layla%20Steven%20Reset_0.jpg

Honestly, a round with pear sides would be the opposite. But I couldn't find one like that with an OEC center, and I would want an OEC center if I were to rock it.

So here are the two I would pick as opposites of mine.

Cushion three stone. :love:
Oval Split Shank: :love:

three7.jpg

forte_split_shank.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea for a thread! :clap:

My ring is a vintage style halo

Baby monster made this easy for me - I'd get her setting! Every time I see this style my heart skips a beat, love it - maybe I'd even spring for a bit of bling on the sides! :cheeky:

img_6312.jpg

r477-2d-front.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I just add that I would like one of every ring in this thread please :love: ...even Kenny's screwy nail ring. I mean, what a conversation starter that ring is. Just make sure to be up to date on your tetanus shot before wearing haha.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1418473133|3800493 said:
May I just add that I would like one of every ring in this thread please :love: ...even Kenny's screwy nail ring. I mean, what a conversation starter that ring is. Just make sure to be up to date on your tetanus shot before wearing haha.

Yay! More pics to look at.

I feel the same way, missy! Though the screwy nail ring might be last on the list.

The five stone halo by LM is blinged out! I'd love to see that in person.

Gypsy, the three stone cushion is awesome, it's funny but I feel like I don't see many three stones with cushions on PS.

Junebug, that is exactly the same setting I had in mind, I want to try it on in person. Sholdt! I finally remembered.

Keep em coming, guys and gals!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was hard because a lot of the rings I like are similar. No pave, 3-5 stone.

But to be opposite? I'd have to say something like this sapphire ring...

uploadfromtaptalk1418496869400.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1418496876426.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to switch up mine on stone and color! My ring, all white and bright cut pave halo.

My opposite ring involves pink, yellow and cut down. I've actually tried this ring on, it was ridiculously gorgeous.

_25211.jpg

pinklemonade.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the opposite to my L/M colour OEC in a very vintage setting would be a D colour Asscher in a bezel.

maisie1321.png

oppring.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My ring is a VC Emilya with an AC center.

I think opposite ring style that I love are high Yellow gold 3 or 5 stone with chunky bezels from Singlestone!

_25238.jpg

_25239.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Both my original e-ring and my 10 year anniversary ring are vintage style halos. The more bling the better. I would say my diametrical opposite would be an asscher or emerald cut in a sleek bezel, which funnily enough i would actually love.

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
Fun thread! Mine is a tapered baguette solitaire AVR with lots of engraving and milgrain, so I think I would choose a haloed step cut with a sleek polished band as something opposite to mine that I would love to own. Like Gypsy's! :love:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream ring is rustic and a bit gothic with a moonstone center. I like oxidized platinum and rose gold, rich with lots of texture. The opposite of my ring would be a shiny simple solitaire in white metal. I love both, but it feels more authentic to my personality to have a colored stone.

_25279.jpg

_25280.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results