shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Cream Pearls from PP!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I'm definitely going a little pearl-mad in this sale.

I've been watching quite a few movies set in the Thirties/Art Deco period recently, and I'm being really influenced! A few female characters have been wearing graduated strands of cream-colored pearls. So vintage and elegant! I can't find cream freshwater pearls anywhere though, so I used the wonderful chat service at Pearl Paradise and they are going to custom-make a graduated cream pearl necklace for me!

it will be approx 17 inches, AAA freshwater except the largest front pearl which will be Freshadama, in this design but the pearls will be cream body color: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-3150-metallic-silver-peach-60-100-mm-graduated-freshadama-pearl-necklace.aspx

I just wanted to do it in the sale, you know? Cost was approx $300 after discount - not bad.

PP did tell me that they may not have enough pearls in cream in those sizes, which is fine if they don't - the order will just be canceled, but I just wanted to ensure that I paid for it today, with the discount!

After being influenced by the stylish Art Deco movies, as well as cream graduated pearls I also want champagne coupes like this: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/camille-champagne-coupe-glass/s205117

Well, I'd like much more expensive ones but Crate and Barrel ten-dollar ones will have to do! Can't justify expensive ones since I rarely drink bubbles!

I'm loving the Art Deco period at the moment. I'm not sure if graduated pearls were a look of that era, particularly, but they do appear in the Thirties movies/detective series a lot.

Hope they have enough pearls for the order to happen, and that they're nice and creamy!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
That will be one very, very nice necklace. I will cross my fingers for you. I have a triple a triple strand of the off white - cream metallic pearls from a couple of summers ago. I love that color! it is still sort of white just warmer. I bet you will too.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Most women my mother's age wore them in their graduation photos. I'm sure they changed color with age, 80 years..
.. I also bought the creamy metallics, a rope. Ours are not graduated like yours will be. I hope you like them.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranchgirl and Nacrelover - can I see photos of your cream pearls, please? They sound delish.

I'm thinking....cream pearls with black velvet. Not that I have any black velvet but it's a nice thought.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My cream triple strand with white metallic drops. The drops are really white, white with pink overtone.

_24982.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. I'm in las Vegas for our 40th. Pix at home.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The triple beauty shot from Pearl Paradise. The drop pendent before I had the finding changed.

_24983.jpg

625542_10151359491267006_1952254583_n.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries, NL! 4Ranchgirl, your pearls look amazing on you! :appl:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4RanchGirl - just seen the PP glamour shot - WOW!

Creamy metallics - YUM!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
And last picture I have is both our NL and my pearls before they were strung having a play date :mrgreen:

_24984.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
If by chance PP does not have all the pearls you need for your necklace now ask to have them put on the next buying trip to HK list. It is a wonderful list to be on.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls do mellow in color with age. New pearls tend to be bright white, older pearls have that candlelight color.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4RanchGirl - thanks so much for posting all those photos. And thanks for the tip about the HK list!

Ennui - I didn't know that pearls change color. I guess I was expecting my white pearls to stay white! Is it akoyas that change more, do you think, being more delicate and not solid nacre like freshwaters?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
My "candlelight" pearls are vintage Akoyas.

I wonder about freshwaters, since the technology to make round pearls is fairly recent. I believe that part of the process is bleaching to remove yellow tones.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Here is a graduated triple golden akoya piece from the Art Deco period:

_25001.jpg

_25002.jpg

triple3.jpg

neck_22.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
When you say golden Akoya, do you mean natural color golden, or that the color has mellowed from white to a golden tint?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Golden from the start. The triple was probably made between the late '30's and 1950, according to the seller.

Below are three akoyas:

Left = "pinked" hanadama new akoya
Middle 2 strands = 40+ year old akoya
Right = golden akoya from Art Deco era

On the neck, the 40+ year old akoya looks white.

hanadama_and_akoya_and_golden_akoya.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, bsomlo. I have some golden Akoyas from PP, and the necklace is deep color that I find challenging to wear.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
My cream metallic rope. Before and after.

cream_metallic_1.jpeg

cream_metallic_before.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1418230937|3798914 said:
Beautiful, bsomlo. I have some golden Akoyas from PP, and the necklace is deep color that I find challenging to wear.

Can we see pictures, please?! I bet there's a color they would go great with.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone for posting all these dreamy creamy pearls! Sigh....

bsomlo, that triple strand with the huge Art Deco clasp is breathtaking. Is it yours? What's its story?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya -- thanks! Yes, it's mine. I bought it recently from someone in New Zealand who had posted pictures of the piece on the "other forum". I love triples, didn't have golden akoya, so bought it! The clasp is wonderful.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1417989876|3797361 said:
After being influenced by the stylish Art Deco movies, as well as cream graduated pearls I also want champagne coupes like this: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/camille-champagne-coupe-glass/s205117

Me too! I put some on my Christmas wish list. It's unlikely that DH will buy them for me (as he seems convinced that I already own waaaay too many wine glasses), but who knows!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results