shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decided, by tonight!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I have to make the decision by today, so I need some help.

I have 2 strand options and 2 clasp options

1- 20" silver blue baroque akoya
2 - 20" peachy orange ripples

clasps
1- sterling silver s hooks
2 - YG orbit clasps

I always get myself a Christmas present, but I went a little overboard on loved ones this year so I have a TEENY budget for myself, so I am deciding between these 2.

how would you mix these? what strand with what clasp?

cyber1.jpg
cyber2_0.jpg
cyber3.jpg

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
OH, I'll help, i'll help!!:)
Strand 1 with clasp 1 (cool tones)
strand 2 with clasp 2 (warm tones)

Are you getting both strands or just one? If cooler tones look good on you the blue baroque akoya will be nice. If not, then the peachy ripples would probably suit you.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm not clear -- you can buy one of the clasp choices and one strand of pearls?

If so, I'd go for the silver/blue baroque akoya and any clasp you like within your budget in WG. (I am NOT a fan of sterling silver.)

Let us know what you decide, of course!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
for me it is the large warm ripples for the win....could care less about the clasp but do think warm on warm is the way to go.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Silver blue baroque Akoyas, without hesitation. I adore them beyond all reason.

However, I'd get a WG clasp. I think the silver hooks are too casual.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking of going with the akoyas, I LOVE the warmth of the ripples, but i love ripples in colors to have different tones, and colors, if I wanted a warm orange metallic look I might have them look for peachy/orange red metallic freshwaters in march. But they are gorgeous ripples!

However since I want to have a "moon pearl necklace" I think the blue akoyas would satisfy that need.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secret-of-moonacre-moon-pearl-project.207484/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/secret-of-moonacre-moon-pearl-project.207484/[/URL]

I actually don't mind the YG though, I think it brings out the tone, but I may look for a different clasp if it is unavailable in the orbit.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1418145893|3798288 said:
You're right -- the silver/blue akoya will look beautiful with yellow gold, too!

Have you ruled out:

http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/SilverBlue-Freshwater-Keshi-Necklace-70-90mm-AAA-18_p_756.html

I have a double strand of these and they are really gorgeous. You can't go wrong with either, though. If you don't have much akoya, go for the akoya!

Oh no! I would love those too! But a colored ripple strand, and baroque akoya strand has been on my mind for the past few weeks!

I will be getting some of those keshi though, a nice beautiful keshi strand is on my must get list of 2015

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I have silver blue Akoyas set with yellow gold, it works beautifully.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I would choose the blue akoya strand, hands down! The orbit clasp style would look great.... any chance of doing it in WG instead? If not, I think I would still pick the YG orbit clasp over SS.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the Akoya, but personally I would go with a WG clasp smaller than the orbit with that strand.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Looks like you've already decided, but I would also choose the blue baroque akoyas- I LOVE mine!!!!! My preference would also be a white gold clasp.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
My first thought was WG, too. But YG also looks beautiful with silver/blue baroques. It's what I chose (along with another pearl friend) for a short tin cup made with silver/blue baroques -- so my final vote is silver/blue baroques with a YG clasp!

_25045.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the silver blue baroque akoya strand! Personally, I would use the WG laser ball clasp. (I've seen it paired with the blue baroque akoyas and they look very good together.) I love the Orbit clasps on my Tahitian strands that I link together, but I would not pay extra for Orbit clasps unless you plan to wear the strand in such away that the clasp is visible, like linking with another strand, lariat, etc.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the blue Akoyas! The length is unique (I wish I had a longer one) and in terms of the clasp I would get something that matches other pieces of jewelry you have, especially if you plan on wearing it in front or on the side. Have fun deciding!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1418161204|3798469 said:
Another vote for the silver blue baroque akoya strand! Personally, I would use the WG laser ball clasp. (I've seen it paired with the blue baroque akoyas and they look very good together.) I love the Orbit clasps on my Tahitian strands that I link together, but I would not pay extra for Orbit clasps unless you plan to wear the strand in such away that the clasp is visible, like linking with another strand, lariat, etc.

The silver blue baroque akoya strand is TDF. :love: GORGEOUS.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would opt for the silver S hook with the blue baroque Akoya, as I do not like peachy colours and do not wear yellow gold.

DK :))

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

all my pearls tend to "dance" around my neck, and I am usually fidgeting with them to fix. I thought it would be nice to have a clasp that if it did migrate around my neck, would look like it was deliberately there.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my two cents: the blue akoyas with a rose gold clasp. The ripples are pretty too though.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1418164228|3798510 said:

all my pearls tend to "dance" around my neck, and I am usually fidgeting with them to fix. I thought it would be nice to have a clasp that if it did migrate around my neck, would look like it was deliberately there.
One of the reasons why I love a clasp large enough to hold an enhancer! Love wearing the clasp in front.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Given those choices, I'd go with the silver blue akoyas with the orbit clasp, because those pearls deserve a gold clasp.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
You may have decided already, but I vote for the pink/peach ripples with yg clasp. I have one from last year's black friday sale and I Love them. Of course, peachy pearls go better with my skin tone. I was in a b&m jewelry store the other day and the sales lady noticed my ripples (that never happens) and went on and on about how nice they were, how they had "so many colors", and wanted to know where I got them. I was happy to refer her to PP.

The ripple strand in the picture looks even nicer than the one I got. Mine had a big "horny" pearl right in front, I guess to make it meet the right mm size. That one pearl kinda irks me.

On the flip side, I've been jonesin' for some blue akoyas since two black fridays ago that DH did not take my hints to get the ones on sale then.. so you can't go wrong.

I do add another vote to the no-silver-clasp crowd. Good luck and I hope you adore whatever ends up in your hot little hands.

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Blue akoya with yellow gold orbit clasp. I love the orbit clasp and yellow gold is easy on the skin. Blue akoyas because that is a gorgeous strand. The ripples are nice too though! It's a win win.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the akoya with a simple wg ball clasp cos I like how it looks, but it's all up to you.

Oh and I'm not sure peachy orange is easy to match unless you already wear lots of such colors IRL.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered, the 20" 7.5-8mm baroque blue akoyas with the YG orbit clasp. I went back and forth between YG and WG, but I just loved the look of the YG with the colors in the akoyas.

Also I went over a few other clasps because i know the orbit would be larger then others, but I really loved the look of them together!

I asked for glamour shots once they are made, but I know they are probably swamped with Holiday orders, so I won't expect them.

Anyways Merry Christmas to meeeeeeee

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Sounds lovely and I look forward to pictures!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ckrickett, I think you'll love your choice! I love my 3 strands of blue, blue and mixed akoyas. As I bought at different times, each has my favorite 3" extender on, but when I have them restrung, they're all getting
gold orbit clasps so I can fasten all or some into a rope :) Enjoy your blues!

CoreyMax

Rough_Rock
Attractive and heart touching.... :love:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They shipped today!!... Glamour shots!!! :love: :love: :love:

blue01.jpg
blue02.jpg

I am so glad I chose that clasp in YG, I think it works really well. But I know YG would have looked good too.

I am expecting these to be extremely silver IRL, which would suit me just fine too, I haven;t seen many Natural light Blue akoyas.

whichever it is I know I will love them! They are such a beauty! :praise:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice, i really love the shape of the orbit clasp, you can definitely wear the necklace back to front if you choose to do so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results