color
clarity

SHOW ME HOLIDAY DECORATIONS!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snowman tree is awesome.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I look forward to this thread every year, and I love everyone's decorations!

Our living room is too small for a tree, so the only thing we have up is a wreath on our front door.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I try to do something in every room. I have three big trees and mini's here and there. This year I had my husband spray paint branches for decorations too.

dscn4198.jpg

dscn4199.jpg

dscn3935.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Kids room and misc.

dscn4190.jpg

dscn4191.jpg

dscn4192.jpg

dscn4172.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah makemepretty... you're making the rest of us look like slackers! :cheeky:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Naw, none of it's complicated or expensive. I just add a little bit every year.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
This is our stray cat that adopted us, the ones of her hiding in the tree are from last year It's a good thing I secure every single ornament.

_25043.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Makemepretty, I love how you do something in every room! I only do living room but now you make me want to add more!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makemepretty, your decorations are fabulous and you have a beautiful home!

I never got to my decorations :oops: Well, I did the bannister and mantel last week, but I was super lazy on Sunday and didn't do a darn thing - but I swear I'm doing it tomorrow! :cheeky:

In the meantime, here is what my daughter did this year (she said it was ok to post pics) - she did a rustic theme because the dollar store had lots of stuff lol! Monarch, I love your wreath, I'm going to show it to her. I might be a bit biased, but I think she did a great job - She has a flair for decorating (*obnoxious bragging alert* hehe)

img_6256.jpg

img_6257.jpg

img_6258.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makemepretty, your decorations are wonderful. You must work at it for weeks.

We finally put up our tree tonight. Not the best pictures but here is the tree and out 2 greeters.

tree2015a.jpg

greeter.jpg

snoopygreeter.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Our lobby at work is full of this stuff. I think it's creepy.

_25063.jpg

_25064.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG texasj. That IS SUPER creepy. I would NOT be happy to have that welcome me on my way to work in the morning.

SPeaking of creepy. My mom got me a VERY creepy elf last year. I was frankly horrified when I opened the box: http://www.judesfantasyland.com/balloonelf.html

And I am planning on keeping it hidden until she comes over. It gives me the creeps.

It's TWO FEET TALL. I am thinking about leaving it on the ground and hope one of the cats destroys it or pees on it.

ETA: Apparently I can get 70 bucks for it on ebay. So I'm mot throwing it to the cats. But I'm nor ruling out selling it.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our tree (I think it's 7.5ft tall?? Or 8ft...can't remember) and our spunky little decorating 'helper'. I can't say I share his style of decor (ie. 25 baubles on one branch :lol: ) so I may have rearranged a tad when he went to bed :devil: Love the tongue sticking out.

He was still very pleased with 'his' work when he go up the next day! I really need to cure my tree decorating OCD.

xmas_tree_2014.jpg

xmas_tree_2014_2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1418194856|3798757 said:
Our tree (I think it's 7.5ft tall?? Or 8ft...can't remember) and our spunky little decorating 'helper'. I can't say I share his style of decor (ie. 25 baubles on one branch :lol: ) so I may have rearranged a tad when he went to bed :devil: Love the tongue sticking out.

He was still very pleased with 'his' work when he go up the next day! I really need to cure my tree decorating OCD.

Adorable Dandi!!!! Your little man is impossibly cute!!

cheers--Sharon

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1418192540|3798740 said:
OMG texasj. That IS SUPER creepy. I would NOT be happy to have that welcome me on my way to work in the morning.

SPeaking of creepy. My mom got me a VERY creepy elf last year. I was frankly horrified when I opened the box: http://www.judesfantasyland.com/balloonelf.html

And I am planning on keeping it hidden until she comes over. It gives me the creeps.

It's TWO FEET TALL. I am thinking about leaving it on the ground and hope one of the cats destroys it or pees on it.

ETA: Apparently I can get 70 bucks for it on ebay. So I'm mot throwing it to the cats. But I'm nor ruling out selling it.

Gypsy, I couldn't put that thing on Ebay fast enough if I was you. Tell Mom the cats attacked/destroyed it. Creepy to the max!

I would love to put a paper grocery sack over Mrs. Claus' head if the entire building wasn't wired like Candid Camera. Most of the decorations look like they came from a Hollywood Christmas horror flick. Even the reindeer look like they're on crack. :shock:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread! Thanks, Gypsy!

All of you have such beautiful decorations. Large (dinoclaus! LOL) or small, one or many, they're all wonderful!

Makemepretty, you've done a lovely job! And a Christmas tree in the bedroom! Never heard of or seen that before, but it would put a smile on my face as soon as I opened my eyes in the morning. I love the 'peek a boo' photo of your cat! (S)he's so sweet!

The photos of the children are adorable! Reminds me of when my children were that age.

I need to get in gear and get some Christmas decorations up in my own home. How did it suddenly get to be mid-December!?!?

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your photos! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1418184540|3798688 said:
Makemepretty, your decorations are fabulous and you have a beautiful home!

I never got to my decorations :oops: Well, I did the bannister and mantel last week, but I was super lazy on Sunday and didn't do a darn thing - but I swear I'm doing it tomorrow! :cheeky:

In the meantime, here is what my daughter did this year (she said it was ok to post pics) - she did a rustic theme because the dollar store had lots of stuff lol! Monarch, I love your wreath, I'm going to show it to her. I might be a bit biased, but I think she did a great job - She has a flair for decorating (*obnoxious bragging alert* hehe)

Everyone's decorations are beautiful!

Junebug, Can you come to my house to decorate. I'm not talking Christmas. I want you to just decorate my home. I used to love decorating and it was a passion of mine when I was younger but the older I get it just seems stressful. I made a few bad decisions a couple years ago and now I'm stuck because I don't want to make another costly mistake. I really want to redocorate my home.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the snowman compliments! I love seeing all these decorations! I wish I had more stuff! Lol.
Here are some more pictures. My butterfly tree in my family room.
Normally I decorate the white tree with silver and Tiffany blue ornaments and the green tree with hallmark ornaments I've been collecting since I met my husband.

_25092.jpg

_25093.jpg

_25094.jpg

_25091.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pics. So I went to the Christmas shop a few weeks ago and they had lighted garland for only $8 per 25 feet. So I decorated the stair rails. They are a bit on the thin side but they do their job.
Also posting a picture of where the snowman tree lives. It's in the sunroom by the front of the house. I always liked when you can see a tree peeking through the window.

I'll post a picture of the outside later when it gets dark here. We didn't go crazy with the outside. I have to say, net lights are amazingly easy to put up!

_25111.jpg

_25112.jpg

_25113.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I love seeing the decorations. That snowman tree was such a great idea.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Night pics!

_25119.jpg

_25122.jpg

_25121.jpg

_25120.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pictures are inspiring!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I want to compliment everyone on their decor but my mind is blown and I'll never remember all of it and be able to attach names to pics!

A few:

Junebug, love that burlap/rustic look! Thanks for the compliment on my wreath. There's actually another PSr, SBolte, who inspired me. I had a burlap wreath last year but did it after looking at Pinterest and kind of didn't know what I was doing. Once I saw hers, I realized mine looked crazy so I googled "burlap wreath tutorials" and watched how it's actually done. So mine turned out a lot nicer this year. If you look close at my pic though, you can see where I re-used last year's burlap and it's a different shade of brown than the new stuff I added. Oh well! It's between our main door and the glass storm door so I doubt any visitors will ever notice. We don't use the front door to come in and out usually so obviously the color differentiation doesn't bother me. This isn't diamonds, after all! There is room for error! LOL I'm so glad you shared your decor, it's so elegant and casual at the same time. Great job!

Makemepretty: wow, every room! All of your decor is gorgeous and fun. And your overall decor is beautiful! I want to trade houses for a holiday--remember that movie with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet (and Jack Black?) PSrs should totally do that.

Butterfly17, I always love your trees. This year's snowman tree is outstanding!!! I want one!

Cflutist, your house looks enormous--how many feet of lights did it take to do the perimeter? It looks spectacular. I admit I do like the streamlined look of the LEd to the icecicle lights of years' past. And I love that a kokopeli is visible just inside the foyer where your tree resides. Nice tree!

This thread really is a treat. My hometown does a tour where they sell tickets to townspeople and let them load up in school buses to tour certain homes and walk through to view the holiday decor. I went one year with my mother and found it kind of appalling. I could not imagine having hundreds of strangers tromping through my carefully curated home, but I guess some people are into that?! It was kind of fun to see but I felt a little too voyeuristic and uncomfortable. Like, if you were selling your home and overheard potential buyers' opinions...no, thanks! My mom always tries to get me to join but after that year (fresh off a divorce and losing damn near everything) I've declined. I'll stick with my annual PS christmas decor thread!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's our tree.

I have enough ornaments for 2 trees, but only room for one. So I have been doing only white and clear ornaments the last couple of years, so most of mine don't show up in photos.

I've been collecting ornaments since I was 12, and the majority of of them are clear glass or crystal so it looks great in person, but not so much in photos. I wanted to add a nice beaded garland this year, but by the time I remembered all the ones I liked are sold out.

1210142050_gypsy.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy! Your tree is absolutely beautiful, and, dare I say, angelic! :appl: It looks soft and white and light and gorgeous. How do you keep the kitties out of it!???

:wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1418275727|3799315 said:
Gypsy! Your tree is absolutely beautiful, and, dare I say, angelic! :appl: It looks soft and white and light and gorgeous. How do you keep the kitties out of it!???

:wavey:

Thank you Monnie. I like it. 8) But I think next year I'm going to do the colored ornaments too. Especially if we are in a place where I can get a larger tree. I've been going for fat trees here since the ceilings are only 8 foot, trying to get enough surface area for more ornaments and so the tree skirt, which is sized for a larger tree, doesn't look so silly.

I have never had an issue with our cats. None of them have ever bothered the tree. They love to sit under it and love the smell. So they'll often be found under there. But that's it. Jack was nibbling a little the first day we got it, but he's stopped now. Just wanted a taste.

And 99% of my ornaments are glass or crystal, so I they are all very fragile and breakable.

Just lucky that my cats are well behaved I guess. I do always put it in water and don't decorate for 24 hours. So they have time to get used to it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, you're such a good kitty and tree mommy! I didn't realize you needed to let the tree assimilate into its environment like that, but it makes total sense. Good for Jack for only taking a nibble.

I love your "fat" tree. I hope when you get where you're going that you can decorate to your heart's content and go nuts like I know you want to with colored lights, etc.!

I thought about a real tree this year...and then I recognized that I have no business bringing one into a home with carpet, a dog, and a 2.5 year old. god only knows what would've happened.

My parents used to take us kids to cut down a tree every year. All was well until one year the MAIN tree gave off sap about a week after they put it up and it took us all until February to clean off all the ornaments, and the next year there was this insane spider explosion. After those two incidents my parents went back to fake trees and have never looked back. So I'm kind of afraid. Plus we have no place to dispose or we'd have to pay to have them taken away.

You "real tree" people amaze and impress me! :bigsmile:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I love seeing everyone's decorations, it's inspiring for future Christmas decorating...except for the creepy Mrs. Claus and the elf in the balloon(shudder). I'm envious of people with nice big living rooms. Ours is so tiny, that limits the tree size. I keep begging my husband for a Christmas tree room, like a sunroom.

We tried twice with a real tree and the mess was memorable so we have faux now. I put a glad pine plug in by mine this year :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results