shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
SO PRETTY! i have a little blue just like that from the sale, that i had set into a pendant. i'll have to pull it out and photograph it later for comparison. i am jealous of the wristful of pearls though...awesome you got so many (and well deserved, those overnights with a newborn are HARD!), and quite a memento of exactly whY you got them! :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1417882583|3796432 said:
Wore my bracelet out for a trip to buy dinner and took some more pics of the IRL green, blue n purple pearls on thr bracelet. Here they are with the glamor shots for comparison.

image_2674.jpg
Gorgeous, gorgeous pearls, icy_jade. While I wait for my blue Rikitea strand I can gaze at your beauties with fingers crossed. I think mine will look like your blue, but time will tell. :pray:

So pretty. :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue is nice, but that purple :twirl: :twirl:

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1417893026|3796531 said:
The blue is nice, but that purple :twirl: :twirl:
Baby nurse, I agree...that looks like a perfect little eggplant, delicious!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
All your pearls are just delicious, the glow and colours of the pearls on your charm bracelet is out of this world.
I need to visit Singapore so I can go to the Golay store.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade - ooh la la - the bracelet! Those jewel toned pearls are just gorgeous!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: Yes, I do love being able to see them on my wrist vs wearing necklaces for other people (who are mostly pearl blind anyway).

JB: I remember your blue and I ADORED it. Is the color as nice as the glamor shot? I remember it had lovely overtones on the pic that I coveted. I was so sad to miss your blue but I'm glad it went to a good home!

Fly Girl: I'm really eager to see your strand too. I'm not in the market for a strand now but I'm happy that I have a blue pearl from the Rikitea lot of pearls. :appl:

Baby nurse & Pirard: That purple pearl made me add a purple strand to my wish list. IRL the color really pops.

Marymm & Lovinggems: Thank you! If you visit Singapore PM me on the other forum. ;-)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1417882583|3796432 said:
Thank you Pkinnew, Litgeek, Cmd, Pirard n 4RG! It's my pleasure to share pics here.

Cmd: Did you win???

Sadly, no. But it was fun to dream.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So I FINALLY was able to spend a bit of time with my wave strand. Actually just a few minutes while baby was in his rocker but enough time for a few pictures.

So I think the strand comprises mainly of yellow, pistachio, copper (are they considered chocolate?) and silver pearls. Among the bigger pearls I also found a blue that's nearly the same shade of blue as the one on my charm bracelet. Didn't manage to examine the smaller pearls but now that I look at the pics I see pink n pale blue too.

I'll love to hear from folks in the trade the correct descriptions of these colors. ::)

These are all taken indoors, shaded light (day blinds) about 1 meter from the window. Considered natural light I guess.

image_2681.jpg

image_2683.jpg

image_2684.jpg

image_2685.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
A few more pics (sorry I can't help myself)!

These are taken with either the charm bracelet or the PP August Tahitian drop strand or both to give some baseline to the colors that you see in the pic.

image_2686.jpg

image_2687.jpg

The two blue pearls together:
image_2688.jpg

I had to use my body to block some of the light in this pic to bring out the overtones in the pp strand, so bith strands look darker here.
image_2689.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the brownish toned pearls would be called pewter, copper, or bronze.

Chocolate Tahitians are actually color-enhanced (irradiated, I think).

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- simply spectacular in both color range and luster! Enjoy and wear in health! I know we'd all enjoy a ton of neck shots.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1417970345|3797214 said:
I believe the brownish toned pearls would be called pewter, copper, or bronze.

Chocolate Tahitians are actually color-enhanced (irradiated, I think).
There are natural chocolates just few and far between. I have a couple of them in my "Blaire" multi colored strand and seen a strand in the PP vault.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What I think is so interesting about the wave rope is that there are many fewer green pearls than I would expect in a multicolor Tahitian strand. Lots of golden tones and lots of silvers. A few orange pearls. The purples are really pretty. Lovely blues. But what is really great are those giant size gumball round pearls. :o Wonderful size variation and color variation that makes this piece a delight to see. :appl:

Thank you for sharing so many beautiful photos of this piece. Love the bracelet as well.

Pretty_Shiny_Things

Rough_Rock
The colors are amazing icy_jade! :love: :love: :love: They all complement each other so well!! I pinned your strand for future reference. Love it! Congrats!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, I am absolutely salivating over your strand...I LOVE multi color pearls and am drawn to these like a moth to a flame...between this strand and the strand of black spinels and multi color tahitians (sorry,forgot who posted them) I am swooning. I decided against one of the Rikitea strands (lovely, but all too uniform in color for my taste) in favor of a special creation like the "wave" or the spinel strand.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
This wave strand is stunning. It really is "multi-color" done right. It seems like often when a necklace is described as multi-colored, it just means that there are varying shades of the sameish colors. Congrats on your amazing necklace. And, yes, I second (or third) the request for more neck shots. I don't think any of us will tire of seeing this strand any time soon.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade, that strand. WOW! I think you just won the internet. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1417968624|3797207 said:
So I FINALLY was able to spend a bit of time with my wave strand. Actually just a few minutes while baby was in his rocker but enough time for a few pictures.

So I think the strand comprises mainly of yellow, pistachio, copper (are they considered chocolate?) and silver pearls. Among the bigger pearls I also found a blue that's nearly the same shade of blue as the one on my charm bracelet. Didn't manage to examine the smaller pearls but now that I look at the pics I see pink n pale blue too.

I'll love to hear from folks in the trade the correct descriptions of these colors. ::)

These are all taken indoors, shaded light (day blinds) about 1 meter from the window. Considered natural light I guess.

image_2681.jpg

image_2683.jpg

image_2684.jpg

image_2685.jpg

Wow.

I am not in the trade.

Can I just say, WOW!?

Cheers--Sharon

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I am in love with the colours. If I ever get round pearls, this is how I would like it to be. I would really like to see neck shots of your wave strand when you get a chance.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could look at that wave strand all day. Phenomenal :love: :love: :love:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now that is a strand of pearls !! What fabulous colours and I do love that pattern ! I swear girl you are going to give me a heart attack with these photos !! lol You have THE most amazing pearls! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Well, you know I absolutely Adore this strand!!!! Feel free to post lots more photos so I can drool over it some more!! :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1417969562|3797209 said:
A few more pics (sorry I can't help myself)!

These are taken with either the charm bracelet or the PP August Tahitian drop strand or both to give some baseline to the colors that you see in the pic.

image_2686.jpg

image_2687.jpg

The two blue pearls together:
image_2688.jpg

I had to use my body to block some of the light in this pic to bring out the overtones in the pp strand, so bith strands look darker here.
image_2689.jpg

I can't get over the colors (and luster!!!) of these pearls!!! The color palette is so soft and neutral and pleasing to my eye! You are one lucky gal!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
i just have to comment again. those are just to DIE for! love love love, i'd be wearing those 24x7 if i had them. :)

btw, i found that with my baby, pearls were the best mommy jewelery...a nice strand of (undyed, smooth-skinned) baroques will keep a baby busy for quite a while. they're good for chewing on, looking at, drooling on a bit, then chewing on some more. just make sure the strand is longer than 18" so you don't get choked yourself.

once teeth start coming in, i'd stick to lesser-quality freshwaters. not nasty ones, of course, just ones you can abide with not retaining their perfect luster. oh, and beaders' secret doesn't stretch when soaked with baby drool. perfect medium for a mama-baby shared necklace!

(ok at least in my experience, and the now 7 year old still likes my pearls, although doesn't want to stick them in his mouth anymore, so i can wear the nicer ones.)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
juliebeth -- you remind me of the mothers I admired around me when my kids were young -- the ones that allowed their children to paint and use playdoh in the house, maybe even on their area rug. I would NEVER allow my baby/toddler to mouth my pearls, no matter the quality!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
OMG NO PLAYDOH! hate the stuff. painting? he's not so into that. more into legos and reading.

however, about the pearls, if i wanted to wear jewelery with that baby, it had to be pearls, he never took to a paci, and they were the only jewelry i had that i trusted woudln't somehow cut him, strangle him, or get shattered. plus, FWP are virtually indestructible, so i made up many a necklace back in the day just to wear while out with kiddo. especially for those times when i got a little tired of being a human pacifier myself, if you know what i mean.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, these days there's high grade silicone *jewelry* that's meant for babies to gum, chew on, etc. I just take it off when I leave the house.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Tucs said:
Ladies, these days there's high grade silicone *jewelry* that's meant for babies to gum, chew on, etc. I just take it off when I leave the house.

well yeah, but even 6-7 years ago, i wasn't aware of that, so it was those trendy amber baby necklaces or pearls for my little one. nothing too good for the little Sir! :lol: :lol: :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Cmd: I'm sorry you didn't wind the lottery, but perhaps a holiday to Asia is still possible?

Ennui & 4RG: These are untreated pearls. When I paled at the price quoted for this strand, I was told that there are many rare colors in this strand. To be honest, I'm not a fan of brown tahitians, or anything brown in general (apart from the edible type of chocolates).

Fly girl: this strand reminds me a little of the Fiji pearls in terms of the yellows and browns/color range. What do you think? I got this photo off the Fiji pearls Facebook.

image_2690.jpg

Pretty shiny things, Pirard, Seaurchin, Sharon, Baby nurse, Katbran, pinkjewel, Litgeek: Thank you! I'm glad you like the wave. :wavey:

Bsomlo, Mynattk, Bailey: Thank you! But I'm afraid more neck shots will have to wait till the weekend. I'm rotating my other pearls this week.

Juliabeth: omg. I'll never allow my DS to chew on my pearls. I'm quite horrified at the thought. I mean, I love my DS dearly but those poor pearls! I'll rather not wear pearls should the day come when I can't stop him from biting on my jewelry. I did buy a made for chewing silicon pendant and another wooden pendant just in case but I haven't had to use them yet. Figured it's best not to introduce the idea that mummy's jewelry can be chewed on to him. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results