shape
carat
color
clarity

You know those jewelry ideas you come up with at 3am?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Let's post them here! Or those other "fun ideas that you'll probably never get for yourself but somebody should do it."

Here goes. I love the Harry Winston marquesa pendant.

I'd make it a little larger - two .25 chubby marquises and two .20 pears. So $1,000 for the stones and maybe $750 for the setting? It would be such a gorgeous piece for under $2k! And I think the bigger size would be a genuine improvement over the HW original so I don't feel too bad about making a very close copy.

_24668.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Another one I'd love someone to do:

The Harry Winston cluster pendant made with various fancy yellow and orange pear diamonds. YUM.

hw.png

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I also am obsessed with Niel's five stone. The proportions are perfect. For a more budget friendly option, wouldn't it be beautiful with alternating orangey pink spinels? Three spinels (maybe splurge for Jeff White custom cut ones!) and two bright white diamonds. This might be the one 3am idea I actually have to do!

_24671.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm also often tempted to add a small dangling bezeled ruby (or FIY diamond?) to the clasp of my DBTY so that when it inevitably shifts on my neck there's a little surprise in front!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, omg I have so many of these. Brace yourself.

My first idea was an oval moonstone, set East-West with three pear shaped "petals" floating on top like a lotus flower.

I realized I'm not crazy about pears, the design was becoming overly compicated, and I adopted our kitty and wiped out our savings on vet care. I shelved the idea.

Then I thought ok, keep the moonstone idea and go all out on a setting! I tried to find a matched pair of paraibas and debated the merits of platinum vs. unplated white gold. I realized how hard it was to find a moonstone let alone matched paraibas.

Then I thought ok, how about a diamond center stone and two moonstones but with an art deco twist? I couldn't get the image of a stop light out of my head and eventually scrapped the idea.

And then I thought, maybe a moonstone solitaire? But I want sparkle. Maybe I want diamond side stones.

At this point WHO KNOWS. :lol:

_24669.jpg

_24670.jpg

_24672.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well first thank you!

But let's see.... The one I imagine but will probably never do is a bypass pear ring. One would be a d with SBF and then a yellow pear with SYF. Then there would be a tapered rounded pave shank. The yellow side would be yellow gold with yellow pave, the white side in plat with white pave.....

If I had nothing but money to burn I'd ask the vendor to obre the pave from the pear down with strong fluor down to no fluor, similar to pink jewels lovely amazing orchid ring.

I have no photo though.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love these ideas!!! The haloed moonstone that was posted last week is so stunning. Maybe that's the way to go? And Niel I LOVE your bypass ring idea. Wow.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Another one I might actually do someday because it just is so beautiful to me...

A huge pear amethyst cab with a diamond cap as a pendant. Ideally on a 36 inch platinum DBTY but that part is pretty unlikely. :)

_24673.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... the 3am curse. For some reason after midnight-ish I seem to forget reality and turn into a covetous, envious, senselessly-insatiable twit with a particular apetite for brand labels.

At 1am last night, for example, I hatched a savings plan to acquire these:http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARO5BX00/cosmos-earclips-small-model-4

And at 10am this morning I remembered the Grand Plan, looked at the pictures I'd saved, and realised that I don't even particularly like them. Go figure.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
haha. I do that All. The. Time.

At 3 am, I somehow find myself on PS, DBL, JBG, etc., or considering how I'll re-set my ring and searching for pictures of similar settings. I've happily driven myself nuts... til my DH tells me to go to bed already.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1417213354|3791988 said:
Oh... the 3am curse. For some reason after midnight-ish I seem to forget reality and turn into a covetous, envious, senselessly-insatiable twit with a particular apetite for brand labels.

At 1am last night, for example, I hatched a savings plan to acquire these:http://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/en/product/VCARO5BX00/cosmos-earclips-small-model-4

And at 10am this morning I remembered the Grand Plan, looked at the pictures I'd saved, and realised that I don't even particularly like them. Go figure.

Oh Yssie, you absolutely crack me up!! :lol:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
200% depth step cut diamond.
yep 2 times as deep as it is wide.
A totally different perspective and look.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I own eight sapphire rings, I am still mulling over the "perfect" sapphire ring.
I come up with design ideas when I am half asleep. I guess I'm not the only one!
I really want a large round Ceylon, cornflower blue, in yellow gold, with 2 generous accent diamonds on either side. Six prongs on the sapphire.
I have reoccurring dreams about sapphire rings. No kidding. This has been going on for years. Not just one ring, but trays of rings, like at a jewelry show.
One day my dream will come true, and I will get the biggest one in the tray!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1417188788|3791697 said:
Let's post them here! Or those other "fun ideas that you'll probably never get for yourself but somebody should do it."

I'd make it a little larger - two .25 chubby marquises and two .20 pears. So $1,000 for the stones and maybe $750 for the setting? It would be such a gorgeous piece for under $2k! And I think the bigger size would be a genuine improvement over the HW original so I don't feel too bad about making a very close copy.

I've got a pair of Tiffany Victoria earrings that are almost identical to your pendant on my list - I think a few of us are insomnia sisters, I sit up into the wee hours usually finding great things on Ebay that don't always look so great the next day :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=32948278&mcat=148204&cid=287464&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+287464-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+394+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1417238076|3792166 said:
Rosebloom|1417188788|3791697 said:

I've got a pair of Tiffany Victoria earrings that are almost identical to your pendant on my list - I think a few of us are insomnia sisters, I sit up into the wee hours usually finding great things on Ebay that don't always look so great the next day :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=32948278&mcat=148204&cid=287464&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+287464-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+394+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

I've always loved the Victoria collection! I think Madame Bijoux has the eternity band. Gorgeous.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Karl_K|1417231157|3792138 said:
200% depth step cut diamond.
yep 2 times as deep as it is wide.
A totally different perspective and look.

Now that I would love to see. I don't want to pay for it but I'd like to admire it!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm obsessed with buying a 1ct-1.50ct low color AVR and setting it in a Gelin Abaci tension setting. Very modern/meets vintage look :love:
I also want to make a sunflower ring with an intense FY center and a floral style halo. The thoughts about both of these rings have kept me occupied many mornings while having my coffee. Then reality hits & I realize I'll never upgrade my EC if I keep indulging other bling fantasies. Not to mention the five gemstones I need/want to set. So these two rings probably won't ever happen. Such is life :cheeky:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
OK I need help. There area a pair of ruby pears that I am obsessed with. They are small - 5.5 by 4.5mm. Super fluorescent. But what would I do with them? Bangle? Side stones for a gorgeous huge diamond I don't own? I genuinely have no use for them but I find myself visiting the website daily.

So, does anyone have any 3am projects I can co-opt? Or want to talk me off the edge?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1417928096|3796934 said:
OK I need help. There area a pair of ruby pears that I am obsessed with. They are small - 5.5 by 4.5mm. Super fluorescent. But what would I do with them? Bangle? Side stones for a gorgeous huge diamond I don't own? I genuinely have no use for them but I find myself visiting the website daily.

So, does anyone have any 3am projects I can co-opt? Or want to talk me off the edge?

As they are not a matched pair, I would be inclined to set them in a by-pass ring.

When I am on the late shift, I seldom go to bed before 02:00h, and later during weekends; and I too come up with all sorts of ideas in the early hours. Definitely an owl here.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spotted these rings while looking for setting ideas:

platinum-ring-with-pear-shaped-diamond-and-sapphire-1024x708__1_.jpg

garnet-pears-mexican-silver-gemstone-rings.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1417947309|3797117 said:
Spotted these rings while looking for setting ideas:

platinum-ring-with-pear-shaped-diamond-and-sapphire-1024x708__1_.jpg

garnet-pears-mexican-silver-gemstone-rings.jpg

Oooo! I do love a bypass ring...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I can stay up VERY late looking through ebay for hidden treasures!!! I have ring setting pics saved for future use, but I have yet to figure out how one really finds well cut, excellent color gemstones of medium size (say 3+ cts or so for oval or cushion or emerald cut). I see tons of small ones, but I just do not see much in the way of spinels or sapphires that are outstanding...other than the ones I miss out on like Rosebloom's sapphire!!! So I browse for gemstones, too, but I don't really create any strange projects in the middle of the night! I pretty much know the projects on my wish list!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom said:

OK so, buy a 4.5 and 5.5 pair of white diamonds and then make a pair of drop earrings. The studs would be the 4.5 mm pears, then the points would meet the 5.5mm pears, dangling down. They would be alternating colors

Maybe add a little round diamond between the two to add a bit of movement and to tie them together?
I've seen alternating earrings from time to time, I really love them

uploadfromtaptalk1418006865077.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results