shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOW ME HOLIDAY DECORATIONS!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christmas trees, wreaths, Menorahs, Hanukkah Tables.... show it off folks!

We just got our tree today. No lights or ornaments yet. But I'm in a festive mood.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, lets see trees! I just put my tree up but need to fix the light bc a couple strings ended not working. :/

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I just emailed you a picture of Santa-saurus! If you can post it (because I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work) I'll explain what it is!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't have anything up yet so I'll enjoy seeing what everyone has for decorations.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1417927436|3796898 said:
Gypsy, I just emailed you a picture of Santa-saurus! If you can post it (because I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get it to work) I'll explain what it is!

GOT IT!

img_6211.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Explain yourself, Dee*Jay.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Monnie!

Ok, Santa-saurus is the nine foot tall inflatable t-rex decked out in Christmas regalia that "greeted" the guests for my annual party on Friday night. He also stood guard over the booze that I set outside to chill since it was 35 degrees and my fridge was already full of several other cases of prosecco so this was my way of dealing with the overflow.

There *may* have been a few pictures taken with Santa-saurus as the evening wore on... :cheeky:

Gypsy, thank you for posting my pic. I can't seem to get photos to post any more except from my work computer. (Which I'm sure the IT guys really love... NOT!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awesome. I thought it was at your place, but then I thought, "no, maybe that's outside the package store" because of all the beer! LOL Very cute.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Santa-sauras! :D I wish I was at that party :naughty:

Ugh, I have to stop drinking coffee and get off the computer and start getting out the decorations - I promised myself I'd get it done today -my house is a disaster area so on top of everything I have to clean, I do not feeling like doing any of this lol.

I'll post pics later if I can get this house into a fairly presentable condition!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I always deck out the house with Christmas decorations and it doesn’t even look like we are having company over this Christmas! So, just my husband and I enjoy all this!

The village is mostly Department 56 Christmas in the City and this is probably ½ my collection but I don’t have the energy or space to put them all up! The reindeer and elves were a gift from my husband. I fell in love with the reindeer when I saw them in a store one year. I had 1 or 2 of them and my husband surprised me and managed to find the remaining set on clearance when the dept 56 store closed down years ago. He wrapped them all together in a big box and I actually cried when I opened the box. I love them so much! He bought me the matching elves last year, which are actually ornaments.

Then there is tree #1 and thank goodness my husband talked me out of the tree I really wanted because this one barely fits and the one I wanted was much bigger! I have Clark Griswold eyes! :lol: Tree #2 goes on our 3 ½ season porch. (Yes, 2 trees and there are just the 2 of us and our 3 cats!)

These are main displays but I have other decorations scattered throughout the house and Christmas lights outside! I hope I am not the only crazy Holiday decorator!!

img_3114.jpg
img_3115.jpg
img_3113.jpg
img_3118.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made a wreath and did the garland and one tree so far this year. Not sure I'll get around to doing anything else...a few days ago I made 100 buckeyes and 100 mint chocolate "truffles." We still have Chanukah coming up, so not sure how much more winter solstice celebration decor I'll get up. ;))

holiday2014wreath.jpg

holiday2014treeandgarland.jpg

holiday2014chocolateornament.jpg

holiday2014lemontree.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, loooove that burlap wreath! Was it difficult to make?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1417989670|3797358 said:
Monnie, loooove that burlap wreath! Was it difficult to make?

Thanks! NO, it was ridiculously easy. Get a roll of burlap (or two, depending on how floofy and large you want it), a wire wreath form, and just pull the burlap through to make loops. Secure with wire at both ends. You can find a bunch of tutorials online if you need to watch someone do it. The felt flowers are also easy. Minimal sewing involved, and obviously super cheap because, felt. I wired mine on so I can change them seasonally but you could use hot glue.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goh I better try this! I love the look of burlap. I like the idea of changing w/the seasons/holidays.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hated to leave out the toddler, so I went ahead and put a small tree in her playroom and let her help decorate with plastic glitter ornaments. I think it was a success. :dance:

ETA: and one more of the other tree after dark, and I'll stop hogging the thread. Davi, where are you and all your fantastic decorations?

holiday2014alextree.jpg

holiday2014alextree2.jpg

holiday2014treeatdark.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tweeter, I am in love with your reindeer (and the elves!) So stinkin' cute. I have a set of Santas that are 12 days of Christmas themed from Dept. 56. I should send them to you. My mother bought them, only used them one year, then passed them on to me. I think I also used them only one year. Maybe they should become the traveling PS Santas.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got a smaller tree this year which sits in our foyer.

sm_2014_christmas_tree.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have replaced our icicle lights with the new LED lights that are more energy efficient.

christmas_house_lights.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, I love all your decorations but that toddler is just the most precious little thing. What a sweet little face!!! My niece had a baby girl this summer and I can't wait until she gets to be around the age your daughter is. Oh the fun and shopping I have planned for that child!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1417994487|3797403 said:
I hated to leave out the toddler, so I went ahead and put a small tree in her playroom and let her help decorate with plastic glitter ornaments. I think it was a success. :dance:

ETA: and one more of the other tree after dark, and I'll stop hogging the thread. Davi, where are you and all your fantastic decorations?

Oh Miss M--that :halo: face is Christmas! =)

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, thank you, and congrats on your great-niece! I always loved my great-aunties. You will definitely have a blast shopping for her, hopefully throughout her life!

Sharon, I'm glad I had the camera handy today after taking pics of the boring old "grown-up" tree and decor. :lol: I'm glad I found the energy to do a little more and include her in it tonight. She was very serious about getting the ornaments on just right, and the second pic was when she exclaimed, "I did it!" Definitely sweet to see Christmas through the eyes of a child. Reminds me not to view it as another thing to check off the list, but as something to light up the season and enjoy with family.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
monarch64|1417998534|3797429 said:
Tweeter, I am in love with your reindeer (and the elves!) So stinkin' cute. I have a set of Santas that are 12 days of Christmas themed from Dept. 56. I should send them to you. My mother bought them, only used them one year, then passed them on to me. I think I also used them only one year. Maybe they should become the traveling PS Santas.

Thank you! I would love to see your Dept 56 Santa's (or one of them)! I really love the details in all their collections! I will take them off your hands too! :D

I wish I had your creativity with the wreath! The best I can do is take cotton balls and glue them to felt, which is the base of my dept 56 village. That was the first time I had used a glue gun and probably the last! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tweeter8177|1418010217|3797509 said:
monarch64|1417998534|3797429 said:

Thank you! I would love to see your Dept 56 Santa's (or one of them)! I really love the details in all their collections! I will take them off your hands too! :D

I wish I had your creativity with the wreath! The best I can do is take cotton balls and glue them to felt, which is the base of my dept 56 village. That was the first time I had used a glue gun and probably the last! :lol:

I love that runner with the colorful cotton balls on it and meant to comment on it! Ha! Here's a pic of the Santas. I can't figure out now if they are Dept. 56 or not. Mom has a ton of D56 and Midwest Cannon Falls stuff among other brands. They aren't in mint condition because I think my niece played with them and they've been moved around a few times, but I think they're in great shape for the most part. If you want them we'll figure out a way to connect on Loupe Troop or something. :))

ETA: I see a couple are missing hands which I think I have. They all have dangly legs. Five gold rings has a diamond solitaire so that's kinda cool. No box or label besides the requisite little gold "made in china" stickers on the base of each one.

(Sorry for the threadjack, Gypsy!)

holiday2014santas.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay - that is too funny! Where did you even find such a thing???

Asscherhalo_lover - absolutely beautiful!

Tweeter8177 - Wow, what a Christmas collection! The little houses and reindeer and elves are so cute!

Monarch64 - YOU MAdE THE WREATH!?? COOL!!! I love how you have that natural/burlap theme going on with all of it.

Cflutist - love the tree! Another good thing about the LED lights is they last forever! We have LED Christmas lights in white around out deck all year (just turned on when we are out on the deck), and they've been up two years and not a single bulb has burned out.

My husband and I have a small tree and our ornaments are all spaceships (except for some little silver balls which are just filler because we only buy a few spaceships each year). We didn't put up a tree last year but I bought a Millenium Falcon ornament, and we were given a TARDIS and dalek at Christmas. ThinkGeek had a Firefly Serenity spaceship but by the time I saw it, it had sold out, so I'm waiting for it to come back in stock. I prefer ornaments that are INTENDED as christmas tree ornaments, especially the ones that plug into the lights and light up! But they're always expensive and they're basically impossible to find if you want spaceships from things other than Star Wars, Star Trek, or Doctor Who, so quite a few of mine are die-cast toys or little models with fishing string tied around their middles so the hook can attach somewhere, lol. Our tree-topper is an X-Wing because X-Wings are my favorites.

We haven't put the tree up yet this year but when we do, I'll post pics!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my snowman tree. I had to compromise with my husband. He didn't want to put up two trees and I really wanted two, so we agreed to put up the white tree as long as I didn't put too many decorations.

_24989.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread!

photo_2_120.jpg
photo_1_137.jpg

Edit: No clue how to turn these right side up.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Distracts, I got Santa-saurus at Home Depot. They had other things too (like a 6' tall 15' long mariachi band but I was afraid that the sound of feliz navidad playing all night long would drive me crazy!

Butterfly, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that snowman tree!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1418027726|3797569 said:
Here's my snowman tree. I had to compromise with my husband. He didn't want to put up two trees and I really wanted two, so we agreed to put up the white tree as long as I didn't put too many decorations.

Butterfly, Your tree is so pretty! What a great idea!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are all great! I love Christmas decorations.

We have the little reindeer we have under our entry way table.

img_0732.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results