shape
carat
color
clarity

Drop Tahitian Earrings vs Baroque

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my Baroque Tahitian earrings in the classic setting. One of the pearls has a white blemish that I can see when on. I know I am being picky but one is longer than the other and has more of the pink hue and the other has more of just olive green and fewer lines. I am returning them and wonder if I should get the drop Tahitians instead. There is an option, in the loose pearl section, to go with AAA.
I called PP and was told that I should add a note so they can call when they receive the earrings. That way I can talk to them about what I want as far as color and hue and still get the 20% discount. Is hue different than color? I like the pearl that has the pink with the dark green.

This is the photo from their site, the pearls are 9-10mm. Mine don't look as good.

baroque_0.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Regarding color and hue, for example:

Color = Green
Hue = The precise shade of green

Every pair of pearls is different. Particularly for drops and baroques, you need to match size and shape as well as color and hue. I would not expect an exact match in all parameters.

I think you will be able to zero in on what you want by communicating with them after the earrings are returned.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Every time I have ordered pearls from PP, I have requested photos prior to the sale...even for those items purchased on their "sale" promotions. The staff are always super accommodating to my requests.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, I guess I will ask for a photo. I was surprised that one would be more green and the other would have the pink. What should I ask for if I want the subtle pink color too? In the drop down I chose peacock. If I go with AAA drops will there be less blemishes? I was taken back that the blemish was a white "hole".

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I always put a note in the comments box during ordering, indicating that I want to see options. You can also use their live chat, or shoot them an email. PP is very responsive. I recently ordered a pair of AAA drops and specifically asked for even color (no rings/bands of color) for a pair of earring charms. The pearls arrived without a blemish and without banding of color, but with a very strong cherry peacock overtone (which is exactly what I wanted). I know also that several of the ladies here have posted "help me choose" threads with photos sent from vendors. Sometimes it's easier to approach what you absolutely do not want rather than what you want...I often change my mind when given options!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think the drop pearls will differ from each other less than baroques. And AAA will have fewer or no little imperfections. It sounds like that's what you want. I know it doesn't matter that much with earring pearls since they're worn on opposite sides of your face rather than right next to each other, but more than a tiny bit of difference bugs me too. Well, I think a little bit of color difference is fine, it's interesting to me. But I'm picky about the shape. I used the chat function on the site asked to see pics. They emailed pics of several pairs to choose from, and I posted them on a forum for help from the other ladies. Also, if you'd rather have something besides what's listed on the site, just ask because they have tons of pearls! Here are my PP Tahitian drops. I am very happy with them:

blossom_tahitians-1.png

tahitian_earrings_005.jpg

tahitian_earrings_on_1.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ those look gorgeous on you!

I definitely agree that drop pearls are a bit easier to match up shape-wise than baroques. I also think PP really works hard to meet customer preferences - it is just a matter of communication and sometimes a bit of time.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! If I remember right, I think they are 10-11 mm.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Those are the perfect size for you! Adding these to my very long pearl wish list.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Seaurchin, your drops are lovely. What size are they?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. Kay, they're 10-11 mm.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Drops are going to be much easier to match for shape and they should be able to get the colours closely matched as well ... might be a slight difference but the overall colour will usually match up pretty well . ( don't forget they are not right next to each other...there is a face in between :loopy: ) It's hard to get the colour perfect as from different angles there might be a different colour that shows up. Just ask for a few photos that aren't taken in the lightbox so you get a real idea as to the colours.

Seaurchin - I love those earrings... you have sent me on the hunt for some Tahitian drops ! Ol' grumpy pants Santa is going to have to release the moths from his wallet! Those flower findings are so cute.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
seaurchin|1417926659|3796880 said:
Yes, I think the drop pearls will differ from each other less than baroques. And AAA will have fewer or no little imperfections. It sounds like that's what you want. I know it doesn't matter that much with earring pearls since they're worn on opposite sides of your face rather than right next to each other, but more than a tiny bit of difference bugs me too. Well, I think a little bit of color difference is fine, it's interesting to me. But I'm picky about the shape. I used the chat function on the site asked to see pics. They emailed pics of several pairs to choose from, and I posted them on a forum for help from the other ladies. Also, if you'd rather have something besides what's listed on the site, just ask because they have tons of pearls! Here are my PP Tahitian drops. I am very happy with them:
beautiful earrings, seaurchin!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I love the blossom wires but PP is showing them out of stock :cry: I love the size, maybe I need to bump mine up.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
NonieMarie|1417949220|3797124 said:
I love the blossom wires but PP is showing them out of stock :cry: I love the size, maybe I need to bump mine up.
Definitely worth asking them...don't rely just on what their website has "in stock".

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I called today and they are sending a return label. I thought that was cool of them. They are checking to see if the blossom settings will be back in stock sooner than later. They will also let me use the 20% discount. I will ask for photos of the pairs they pull. Just like others have said, they are a class act company.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1417926659|3796880 said:

I called today and was told the at the blossom settings will be in tomorrow, yeah. I'm returning the baroques tomorrow but I already ordered the drops today with the yg settings. I ordered the 9-10 but I think I may up the size to 10-11. I just :love: :love: yours. When they send the photos I'll ask to see the larger ones too. They also gave me the 20% discount. PP rocks!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pp-out-of-drop-tahitians-for-earrings.208982/#post-3801944#p3801944']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pp-out-of-drop-tahitians-for-earrings.208982/#post-3801944#p3801944[/URL]

The thread above is the latest issue. They are out of peacock drop Tahitians. I'm going to see if they have AAA 10-11mm Baroques in peacock. Does anyone have AAA and are they nicer than the stock pearls that I received last time?
I've attached the photo they sent of available drops. The top set would need a head pin because they are fully drilled.

pp_12.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results