shape
carat
color
clarity

which benitoite better?

void

Rough_Rock
Trade
Can you help me decide on benitoite? I am looking for benitoite with medium color (neither too dark nor light). I contacted Brad from http://www.thegemtrader.com/ and he come out with these:

The first one is 0.58ct, eye clean, $700

The second one is 0.86ct, SI, $950

My client let me decides which stone to get her. I think the second one is a bit gray and dark. The first one, on the other hand, seems to has a zoning, and the background is rather blue! what do you think? Thanks

benitoite0.gif

_54.gif

liao

Shiny_Rock
void|1417492301|3793675 said:
Can you help me decide on benitoite? I am looking for benitoite with medium color (neither too dark nor light). I contacted Brad from http://www.thegemtrader.com/ and he come out with these:

The first one is 0.58ct, eye clean, $700

The second one is 0.86ct, SI, $950

My client let me decides which stone to get her. I think the second one is a bit gray and dark. The first one, on the other hand, seems to has a zoning, and the background is rather blue! what do you think? Thanks

Be very careful with benitoite! that stone is not for everyone. I bought two benitoite several weeks ago, and I did not like it. I tried to give them to my friends and client FOR FREE, but not even one person wanted them. Now, I have to spend my precious time returning those stones

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if he can do this, but can he get pictures of the stones in identical conditions? Same lighting and same background (pref. white)?

From these photos I would prefer the first one even though it's smaller. I just like the color better. But it also looks like they have different backgrounds and lighting, so that could be an optical trick.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Brad for his opinion; he is honest and fair about his stones.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and not all benitoite is created equal meaning that some rough is/was better than other rough and resulted in brighter blue stones when cut. this vendor is good to work with re answering questions and has a great return policy. if in the US why not have both sent to you and return "the rejected one"?

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the trillion.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Of the two I prefer the trillion as well. The round looks to be a little more grey.

S

SparkliesLuver

athenaworth said:
Of the two I prefer the trillion as well. The round looks to be a little more grey.

+1

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results