shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday PP buys!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
That's funny, Jambalaya :lol: I bought a 32" White Metallic little (5 - 6mm) petite round pearls necklace. I'd bought a 7 - 8mm White Metallic necklace in June, and found it needed a "little something". Took it to the Ruckus to work on, and Hisano and I decided there was really nothing that was quite right at the time. During yesterday's "live chat" I ended up chatting with Hisano by accident (always a pleasure!), and she pulled a strand she thought would work to wear with my strand, so we'll see how the 2 look together in a week or so :) I too had huge challenges with the site crash/slowdown, or I'd have bought a Tahitian harvest strand ... hoping there might be a few more ...

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1417281350|3792319 said:
Jambalaya|1417280149|3792310 said:
Maybe one day someone will invent a place where all the goods are laid out physically and you can go see them all at once before you buy! :lol:

That's some crazy talk.

I know, what a wild idea! :D

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CRDKeshi|1417284047|3792343 said:
That's funny, Jambalaya :lol: I bought a 32" White Metallic little (5 - 6mm) petite round pearls necklace. I'd bought a 7 - 8mm White Metallic necklace in June, and found it needed a "little something". Took it to the Ruckus to work on, and Hisano and I decided there was really nothing that was quite right at the time. During yesterday's "live chat" I ended up chatting with Hisano by accident (always a pleasure!), and she pulled a strand she thought would work to wear with my strand, so we'll see how the 2 look together in a week or so :) I too had huge challenges with the site crash/slowdown, or I'd have bought a Tahitian harvest strand ... hoping there might be a few more ...

You'll have to post some images! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Re: Show me your Black Friday PP buys

CRDKeshi|1417284047|3792343 said:

CRD, is the first white metallic the same length? Are you thinking you'll twist them, or wear them together and the two mm sizes will compliment each other and bring the wow factor up a notch? Or maybe knot one and the other will frame...?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Bummer, I just got an email from Erin at PP that the baroque Tahitian tin cup I thought I had purchased was double sold, so it won't be coming to me. I really liked the colours in that one, but they will make another tin cup for me, and I trust that it will also be very nice.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Tucs -- I think many of us here would say you have nothing to fear. Double sold with a promise to make it up to you is a very good position to be in! Keep us posted. It won't be exactly the same, but it may end up exceeding your expectations!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, bsomlo! Very excited to see the alternative. I will keep you posted.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies ... photos of a small petite white metallic pearl rope when I can :) Bsomlo, yes to all of your ideas ... and welcome any more LOL! Both strands should be same length according to PP. Not quite long enough to double on my NOT-SWAN neck, but I have other pearls to wear long, and a nice strand of akoyas I could layer inside; they coordinate with my first metallic white strand amazingly. My original idea was to add some bigger and/or different sizes to the original necklace, to both lengthen and make a "stations" or a "wave-ish" pattern, but leaning more now to just keeping each strand as it is and layering/knotting etc. ... could always add a 3rd strand of ... little tiny keshis or baroques or ... I'm sure Hisano could find something LOL. Bsomlo, I request a new photo ... your new Black Friday earrings with the matching necklace when the earrings arrive!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CRD -- Sounds lovely. I like the idea of a third long necklace with a different texture to wear with the two metallics in different mm! You're going to have lots of fun playing around.

I ended up buying TWO pairs of earrings with similar coloring and stones. They are both metallic pink/peach with citrines. Citrines add a nice pop of color and contrasting texture to the pearls.

Here is the second pair of metallic peach/pink with citrine earrings I bought (your metallic drop necklace still leaves me salivating!!!):

And CRD, yes, I'll post the earrings and necklace together when it arrives. The tin cup is just lovely and sparkly -- here are the two glamor shots:

4386.jpg

4001_2___2_.jpg

4001_1_.jpg

glamour_shot_1___4382_1_.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Well, those are some real life shots I really look forward to Bsomlo :dance: You're right, the pink/citrine drops would look great with my pink-ish drops necklace! Should I ever tire of it, you'll be the first one I call :)))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that makes me happy to know (though I truly doubt you'll ever tire of them).

I'm so excited about the tin cup matching earrings I'll start a thread on the set now. Why not?! Live a little...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I get nothing since I'm already on Santa's naughty list for earlier grabby hands. But still hoping to see everyone's goodies in photos when they arrive!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
seaurchin|1417320383|3792607 said:
I get nothing since I'm already on Santa's naughty list for earlier grabby hands. But still hoping to see everyone's goodies in photos when they arrive!

Me too! Otherwise DH has threatened to stage an intervention.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Lots of pretties!! Looks like PP has already starting shipping, too so I'll look forward to lots of real life photos soon. I was sooooo good until I happened to check out the site again this morning and saw this cute 14-15mm Edison drop- pink with rainbow overtones which I couldn't seem to resist. I wish the setting had been in rose gold or even any color gold rather than silver which I don't like- but this pearl really spoke to me and my finger just had a mind of its own when it hit "add to cart" :rolleyes:

4597_1_.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1417380433|3792908 said:
Lots of pretties!! Looks like PP has already starting shipping, too so I'll look forward to lots of real life photos soon. I was sooooo good until I happened to check out the site again this morning and saw this cute 14-15mm Edison drop- pink with rainbow overtones which I couldn't seem to resist. I wish the setting had been in rose gold or even any color gold rather than silver which I don't like- but this pearl really spoke to me and my finger just had a mind of its own when it hit "add to cart" :rolleyes:

That is a beautiful pendent!! I look forward to seeing a photo when you receive it! :love: :love:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I find it curious that no one has purchased the Tahitian with the black diamond that PP used in their Black Friday banner. I don't need a Tahitian pendant, but it's striking.

mynattk

Shiny_Rock
I'm shocked the 11-14mm multicolor edison necklace is still available. If I had more spending money it would be mine. <3 <3 <3

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Take a look at the PP blog to see a preview of what is coming tomorrow... :whistle: :drool: :cheeky: :love: :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl :mrgreen: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :dance: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

YC

Brilliant_Rock

Pink Jewel,
Glad that one went to you. It caught my eye too but I restrained myself from more pearl purchase for the moment. Do post the pics when it arrives!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

LOL. I'm sure that PP can change the setting. That big pastel piece is right down your alley. :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Fly Girl. You should ask for a setting with the gold color you prefer...

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree...ask them to change the setting. Take this chance now to get that gorgeous pearl exactly the way you would like it. No point in not liking the setting (and I agree..Rose gold would be wonderful) and then having to send it back later and try to sort it out. Won't take them long to switch it . The purchases that I have most regretted are those where I compromised on something crucial. (of course the down side is that it's going to cost even more...so that is something that only you know whether or not it's doable.)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1417366473|3792822 said:
seaurchin|1417320383|3792607 said:

Me too! Otherwise DH has threatened to stage an intervention.

I'm on the naughty list too. DH caught me looking at PS threads a few weeks ago and asked me if we "needed to have a talk" about my expensive new obsession. I swore I was just looking. I was just a little bit bad on Friday -- I really did need earrings to go with the Tahitian strands I picked up at the Ruckus, lol.

These settings are silver, but I think the oval shapes will go well with the WG Orbit clasps.

I am so bummed to have missed out on the blue baroque Tahitian strand. I have been wanting blue Tahitians and ringed Tahitians, and that strand had both, along with a very nice length. :(sad

pp_bf_ss_10-11mm_t_drop_dangles2.jpg

pp_bf_ss_10-11mm_t_drop_dangles.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You all are right about the setting- I was going to call them today about changing it, but already got the notice yesterday that the pendant had shipped!! So I guess I'll wait and see it in person now.

FlyGirl and 4ranchGirl- those tahitian strands are sooo gorgeous, but at those prices waaaaay over anything I'll be able to purchase at this point after my previous pearl purchases. I see that the beautiful blue strand sold quickly yesterday- anyone here buy it?

Kay- I think those earrings will look great with the orbit clasp!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1417430682|3793187 said:
I see that the beautiful blue strand sold quickly yesterday- anyone here buy it?

Just checked and three strands sold. Anyone here snapped them up?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Four of the eight Rikitea round blue strands have sold now. Jeremy has outdone himself. These absolutely take my breath away. :sun:

rikiteablues.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Well, now I'm on the really, really naughty list! :naughty: This morning, I grabbed one of the last 2 strands of dark blue Rikitea rounds. My first 2 choices disappeared before the coupon code came through (stupid email quarantine).

I got strand 1557 (the listing is gone now). It was described as being dark midnight blue with subtle green and purple overtones.

Since this is such a special strand, I am thinking about springing for some diamond rondelles. My concern would be making the strand too "over the top" or limiting its use for only dressy occasions. (Maybe that is already the case, since round Tahitians seem more formal than the baroques.) WWYD?

I also need to decide if I should try to get matching earrings, or stick with diamond or white gold earrings instead.

4666_1_.jpg

4666_2_.jpg

6_rondelles.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, what a beautiful blue color. IMO diamonds do make it very dressy which limits wearability for me. I wear my round tahitians to work all the time but the diamonds would push it into special occasion category.

Did everyone else get the code? I always get PP's emails but nothing yesterday or today. I checked in junk too.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
There's a code for 15% off any regular priced item in a big banner right on their home page. The code is CYBER15.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results