shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you go shopping today - Black Friday?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No shopping for me today. I am not a Black Friday fan. I would do online shopping if I could think if anything I really needed to buy. :)

Ame, I was a bit tempted by the Lo&Sons sale. I am a bit interested in their new leather cross body bag. It looks a little small though. I travel with the OG and I love it.

I am spending the next week getting ready for a big party next Saturday. Having 24 people over for dinner (Filet and lobster tails). Cleaning and cooking instead of shopping. Hubby is doing some decorating for me so I am taking a break. :naughty:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1417213214|3791955 said:
I"ve done some onling shopping for non-bling items today.

I hope someone will take advantage of BGD's Black Friday sale...

I did! Don't get too excited about the photos though - I bought the cheapest diamond on offer!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have not and will not shop on Thursday or Friday. I don't want to encourage the ruination of the best holiday of the year. Family and food- no presents, sadness or hype. And I am a shopping queen.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will never go out shopping on black Friday. Nope! I'm pretty much done shopping anyway, and if I really want to save money on something for the house or whatever, I'd wait until after Christmas for even more savings. I've done that in the past, especially when our kids were very little and our budget was tight. I've stood in line for an hour once waiting to pay for some Christmas decorations the day after Christmas, because they'd be so inexpensive then. I got nice stuff that has lasted decades, and it can be equally split amongst my daughters. I digress, sorry, fond memories. ;))

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went out early this morning to the local hardware store to pick up our Christmas Tree. It was 33% off and they paid the 9% sales tax so good enough.

We don't normally shop for enjoyment (haven't been to the mall in ages), but I will shop when necessary (e.g. researched Hansgrohe plumbing fixtures on the Internet for our bathroom remodels and found them online for 46% off, and got our tub for 50% off (an 18-wheeler literally backed down our street to deliver it).

However, my dear hubby is running a Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale on his webstore (he sells collectible teddy bears and dolls from my mother's estate). After this, we plan to take December off.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
NO! I don't like crowds.

I went to the grocery store this morning and that was it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad those helped. I love all of those items and use them constantly. I use the Chagrin Valley whipped cream nightly and love it. And such a fab price. I do miss the plastic jars tho I saved mine and refill it bec otherwise I'd lose toes when I drop and shatter them lol!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I did a lot of my Christmas shopping last week because there were some great sales.

DH did surprise me with a down omni heat snowsuit that I,'d been eyeing. 20% off plus don't pay the 13% sales tax. Not the best deal ever, but pretty good and looking forward to wearing it on our snowshoe trip.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I did not do Black Friday shopping this year. Usually I partake for a few items because I like the excitement. My 12 year old daughter has it down to science. I'm not sure how she got so organized. She certainly doesn't get it from either parent.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to my beloved Target. They had 40% off all clothing, so I got a bunch of tops and pants for the kids. Each item was like $3 or $4!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't touch Black Friday, much less Thanksgiving. I hate to be pushed around & I can't figure the hysteria to get get get. It seems to play to sheer greed. I really hate what people turn into in stores at this time of year; it kind of makes me nauseous & very sad.

--- Laurie

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your post Ame. Very year for the past 10 years I have bought my nieces one of Ulta's makeup kits. The ones that have about 70 different eyeshadows, lips gloss, blush, bronzer and pencils. I have also given them money. The make up was really just so they had an actual small present to open. Well last year I forgot about the make up and boy was it a big deal. I had three girls looking so disappointed. I never in my wildest dreams knew how important that gift was. As soon as I read your post I went to Ulta online and ordered their make up kits. Thank you for helping me keep my wonderful Aunt status.

I'm quite the experienced shopper but there is no way I would ever venture out on Black Friday. There is nothing I need that badly to fight those crowds.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon has 30% off of one book. Ends tonight. Code is HOLIDAY30.

Cheers!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We lost power for a couple of days, so to kill time and to warm up on Thanksgiving night, we ended up at the mall. We just went to one store for a comforter, and we got a great deal. The next day, I went back to that store and scored 4 sweaters for about $60. Not bad! The mall wasn't too crowded, which I was really happy about.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The malls from what I gather were not packed at all. I went to return some stuff this weekend when we got back in town and both malls I went to the people complained about it. One of course was the Galleria and they got shut down by protests, but the girl said even before that happened it was dead.

figaro

Rough_Rock
This topic has been retail danger for me....picked up the target GCs, ordered some Chagrin Valley, and then at the 11th hour pulled
The trigger on an OMG bag from Lo and Sons which I rationalized I can use as a daily work and also overnight bag for taking call....now I have to start Christmas shopping for everyone else! Lol...any other deals/product recommendations out there?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol it is dangerous.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1417187929|3791695 said:
The only other thing I'm considering is a 1.5mm or 2mm platinum wedding band. E-weddingbands has 15% off, so that would take a little off. I just don't know which one I want. Or if I should even get one today - I mean, they're not terribly expensive to begin with, but 15% off the $350 one makes it t
Thanks for posting about this sale. I've been thinking about getting couple of new bands and that 15% just pushed me over the edge :lol: . I bought 2 14K plain bands. They just came in and are great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results