color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
This thread has slowed considerably.

sunshine996

Rough_Rock
Is it likely that Queen Letizia continue to use the Mellerio Shell, the Mellerio Floral, and the Prussian Tiara, now that she is allowed to wear the more substantial pieces in the Spanish collection?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1404912868|3709694 said:
This thread has slowed considerably.

Yes. I came to see if anything new had been posted. I had no news myself, but thought that perhaps others had found some! Hi to all my friends who used to post here!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sunshine996|1405034734|3710905 said:
Is it likely that Queen Letizia continue to use the Mellerio Shell, the Mellerio Floral, and the Prussian Tiara, now that she is allowed to wear the more substantial pieces in the Spanish collection?

I am sorry, but I do not have the answer to that, sunshine. My knowledge of how Queen Letizia operates is extremely limited. I have only read that every item of clothing that she worn since became queen has instantly sold out. I can imagine why!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Bobby, Danny, Lady Maria...what happened to everyone? ;(

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
First, I have to say how much I have enjoyed this "blog"? I have read the whole thing from page one. Wow, so many beautiful pieces of history. I would like to know if anyone has a more comprehensive list (or better yet, pictures) of the Romanov jewels that are still in existence and on display. Imperial Russians had some of the most breath taking jewels.

BennyofSweden

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I have spent a few weeks reading almost all the posts on this site and will finally try to make my first entry, and hope that this site will wake up again.
I love magnificiant historic royal jewels preferably from first half of the 1800-hundreads.

There was some posts were i feel i could contribute related to the Epaulette earings that CP wore the night before her wedding.
some posts were asking if they were "real" or costume, and i have at least an answere to that even if the history of the earings are unknown to me.

I have a book from 1898 with a picture of a box of Jewels given by Queen Lovisa (dead 1871) to the royal Treasury. it says that in the picture are one pair of earings that consists of 280 Diamonds worth 5.000 SEK. Today that would be 33.000 EUR.

Mabye they were given as historic unmodern jewels that she thought no one ever would wanna wear again..

( you also see 8 buttons and a broch today often used by both Victoria and Madeleine)
image_2261.jpg
image_2263.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BennyofSweden,

Great find re: photo of a suite of interchangeable pieces, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Here is something i found queen sofia of sweden with the diamond cross worn by silvia at 3 nobel dinners and one official photo

30de5ab053beccf2e942ffca06d7f088.jpg

HRHSPC

Rough_Rock
This cross looks like one that the Marchioness of Londonderry had.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Princess Mette-Marit wore diamond earings at the estonien state visit

mette-marit.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
State visist from estonia to norway

estonia_state_visist.jpg

estonia_state_visit_mette-marit.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josefine|1410521431|3749603 said:

Hi, Josefine-

I didn't see an explanation under the link you posted, but I do not think that English is your first language. I am assuming that you were trying to show us where one could buy a pair of earrings similar to ones worn by Crown Princess Victoria, not showing us a website of your own. ;))

I appreciate your having kept this thread going. Thank you for your contributions.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

cutratediamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
There have been a lot of posts in this thread. I am still trying not to skip any one of those. :razz: Feel so good to see so much of 'diamonds' around. :)
I like Sophie's diamond collection.
Thanks for the beautiful thread. :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
This thread has become pretty much dead. I wish I could participate more but my life at this time makes it impossible. I hope everyone is doing well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1415360350|3779051 said:
This thread has become pretty much dead. I wish I could participate more but my life at this time makes it impossible. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am sorry that it has become dormant. The Gold Thread did, too. It doesn't mean that it will not revive one day. (Actually, that each of them will!) In the meantime, it is good to see you, Danny!

Hugs,

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought that while my mind was on this thread, I would post a link to a site about the constitutional "crisis" in Monaco brought about by the announcement that Princess Charlene is pregnant with twins. When I looked back in this thread I wasn't 100% sure that it had already been noted that both she and the Duchess of Cambridge were expecting. At any rate, here is the link!

Monaco's Constitutional Situation in 2014...http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/10/monacos-twin-constitutional-succession-situation/

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some recent photos of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. I was hoping to post a larger shot of the one in the upper left hand corner which is of her opening a new cheesemaking facility. In it one can see that she is wearing several pieces of jewelry, not just the large gold hoop earrings. If Bobby were posting regularly, I am sure that he could tell us more about that brooch and the bracelet! In the shots I posted one cannot even see the huge gold hoops.

AGBF

queenmabel.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread too. I think that royals are not as flamboyant in their baubles as they were a long time ago. In Princess Diana's reign, the economy was doing well so she wore a lot of bling. Now that times are leaner, Kate does not wear much. Even if she does not like the heavier pieces, I don't see Camilla wearing a lot of different pieces either.(Of course it could be that the Queen will not not them near the jewels>) Although folks like to see the bling times are hard and it may foster resentment. People understand the need for a tiara or crown, but anything new may bring out the green monster.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Deb, is it just me or is Maxima channeling Jackie Kennedy in those shots?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1416026640|3783920 said:
Deb, is it just me or is Maxima channeling Jackie Kennedy in those shots?

It's not just you, but it was just you who was paying attention!!! ;)) Thank you for pointing that out.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1416012775|3783830 said:
I love this thread too. I think that royals are not as flamboyant in their baubles as they were a long time ago. In Princess Diana's reign, the economy was doing well so she wore a lot of bling. Now that times are leaner, Kate does not wear much. Even if she does not like the heavier pieces, I don't see Camilla wearing a lot of different pieces either.(Of course it could be that the Queen will not not them near the jewels>) Although folks like to see the bling times are hard and it may foster resentment. People understand the need for a tiara or crown, but anything new may bring out the green monster.

Kate is not the Princess of Wales, of course, and that makes a difference. Even though she was young, Diana was married to the heir to the throne. Kate is not. Her position is really quite different ceremonially speaking. And the Camilla issue is self-evident. She is the Princess of Wales, but has to pretend that she is not!

Deb

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Queen always looks so beautiful. I love her brooch, and pearls. What a great smile she has!

2353fc0e00000578-2842464-image-45_1416490563017.jpg

2354829c00000578-2842464-image-2_1416491477532.jpg

23553ec500000578-2842464-image-36_1416504064721.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I came across this 1987 documentary about Wallis Simpson's jewelry, made when they were up for auction. It is delightfully detailed - the inscriptions are so interesting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdJaURVZ7uI

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1417220362|3792066 said:
I came across this 1987 documentary about Wallis Simpson's jewelry, made when they were up for auction. It is delightfully detailed - the inscriptions are so interesting!

I tried to watch it, Beatriz, but it was not available "in (my) country". Thank you for posting it. I would have been interested!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
November 12, 2014

"Christie’s raised $150 million, the most ever for a jewelry auction, as it sold part of the French crown jewels and a Cartier bangle formerly owned by the Duchess of Windsor.

A brooch that Empress Eugenie had to leave behind as she fled France for the U.K. in 1870 with her husband, Napoleon III, fetched $2.3 million at an auction in Geneva last night. Christie’s sold the tiger-shaped Cartier set for $3.2 million. Their former owners include the late duchess, Wallis Simpson, and soprano Sarah Brightman, who received them from her then-husband, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Christie’s also sold the 392.52-carat gem Blue Belle of Asia for $17 million, a record price for a sapphire. The royal theme continues today as competitor Sotheby’s offers a diamond pendant that Britain’s Queen Victoria gave her granddaughter and a pearl necklace that may have belonged to Napoleon Bonaparte’s first wife, Josephine de Beauharnais, and was owned later in the 1800s by the queen of Sweden and Norway."

Link...http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-12/christie-s-sells-french-crown-jewels-in-record-auction.html

Deb/AGBF

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1417270253|3792257 said:
Lady_Disdain|1417220362|3792066 said:

I tried to watch it, Beatriz, but it was not available "in (my) country". Thank you for posting it. I would have been interested!

Deb

Oh, I am sorry, Deb! I had no idea it might be restricted. Let me see if I can find it somewhere else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results