shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting photos showing Montana sapphire mining

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is really fascinating! Nice photographing and documentation by the author (?)-- what do you call him? Sitemaster? It's not exactly a blog.....anyway, regardless, quite amazing, I enjoyed it and would LOVE an opportunity to do something like that! Looks so interesting and exciting. It's also amazing how very plain-looking rough cuts so beautifully. :love: Thanks for sharing!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so interesting to see the mining process described and documented step by step in detail. It really reminds you of the origin of our sparkly gems :) thanks for sharing the link.

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Cool stuff! They have a decent setup there. I mine as well, but in North Carolina there is plenty of water to go around. They are picking some nice clean Sapphires out in Montana. The Sapphires in North Carolina are quite different in color. My mining partner and myself have quite a collection of Rubies & Sapphires from N.C. and many of them are Star Rubies & Sapphires. The Rubies from N.C. are distinct and unique.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I love this! Such a good read for a total novice like me. <read no fancy words>

That last icy blue sapphire. Oh.my.god

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat! They found some great sapphires and garnets.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome, and thanks DJ for posting the etsy link. I love browsing new vendors. He even has a sphalerite listed so he's my kind of guy :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results