shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique OEC JbG Ring

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually received this a few weeks back, but have been crazy busy so just now getting around to sharing this beauty. The moment I saw it in Grace's newsletter, I knew I had to have it. Grace always manages to find & offer the most beautiful pieces, and this one is no exception! It's 14k wg, a smidge over a carat TW of older cut diamonds, with the tranny center being just under a half ct. I bought it for a RHR, but as I am right handed, I have it on the left for pics. Also captured a video in which my kitty video-bombed. :bigsmile:

I absolutely love this ring and the fantastic sparkle show it puts on thanks to the twinkling old cuts. :love:

http://youtu.be/GDsk358vdNk

Link to Grace's pics which are wayyyy better than I can ever take!
http://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Vintage-and-Antique-Rings/103tcw-OEC-Dome-Ring/

_24662.jpg

_24663.jpg

_24665.jpg

_24666.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh GORGEOUS. :love: Wear in health and happiness!

umbrella

Rough_Rock
How incredible is the craftsmanship of antique rings!? I don't think I'll ever get over the beautiful intricacies of the art deco era. That's a lovely ring and it really suits your finger! Your cat is beautiful too :D

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it's a really pretty ring!!!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE it! stunning.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. I adore this piece so much. I actually am contemplating replicating it on a bit larger scale. But for now, until I am 100% sure, I am loving the sparkle show these old cuts put on. And yes, the craftsmanship in these pieces is second to none (not to take away from today's jewelers/goldsmiths). The metals even seem so much better/more durable in older pieces when comparing to my comparatively newer 14k gold pieces.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous JoCoJenn! :love: I love everything about it, and it has wonderful hand presence! The detailing is just amazing and it looks so elegant on your hand! Congrats, you must be so happy to have this beauty!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Junebug. This ring makes me wish I could stay home all day just staring at it. I have been honked at when sitting at traffic lights because I am lost admiring it and miss the light changing to green. :love: :lol:

tmot14

Shiny_Rock
What a great find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results