shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you go shopping today - Black Friday?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about it. I am tempted by the Target 10% off gift cards today, as I like to buy their gift cards (or Amazon) for the mail carrier, a few teachers and staff at work. I often wait to the last minute, so it may be a good idea to pick them up early anyway. The deal ends at 12 CST, if anyone else is interested!

Stride rite also has 40% off today. I'm tempted to get my daughter some cute boots!!

Extravagant shopping plans, I know!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have to go to the store to get the 10 percent off? I don't see it on their website. Was thinking of getting some of these cards, be nice to get them some off!

nevermind I see it. I do think it's stupid they don't have $20 giftcards!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, I thought it was in-store only, but just checked and it's on-line too. So much easier to buy on-line, thanks for bringing that up!! I will try to purchase next!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only Costco in store shopping today which will be crazy enough but we need to buy groceries. And I do love their annual cookbook that they give out today. Any other shopping we do will be online but honestly I have no plans to buy anything else. Hoping to spend the day outside with my dh just walking and enjoying the brisk autumn air. Today is going to be sunny by us and I want to soak up as much sun as possible before the days become impossibly short.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am debating on going out...I havent decided yet...I did some online shopping yesterday...scored a couple of pretty sweet deals.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Will you go shopping today - Black Friday

Tell us more, diamondrnglover, what'd you get??

Missy - Good luck at Costco today! Hopefully, it won't be too busy! I've never heard of their cookbook.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I am a self-confessed shop-aholic and even I wouldn't go out shopping on black Friday :lol: The crowds would drive me insane. I have about 75% of my Holiday shopping done already (I shop early every year and it makes the Holidays SOOOOOO much more pleasant).

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going out to a few places, but as it's 7:30am now, obviously I'm not going crazy early. :D

I'm hoping to find a gold bangle. Anyone know of good places to go online to find one? The ones I've seen are WAY out of my price. :(

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I'm doing a local or handmade Christmas this year.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will probably go to Lowe's today and get a humidifier for my dad. It really has nothing to do with Black Friday, though. We are visiting my dad and the air in the house is so dry that it's making my eyes, nose and throat hurt. The dry air seems to be making him sIck, too. I

figure if we have to go to a store on Black Friday, Lowe's would be a good place since there probably won't be crowds there.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finished my shopping right after I woke up - got two each of two of the Sephora $10 deals. Both were things on my wishlist - the Too Faced eyeshadow primer, and then two Sephora brand lip stains (coincidentally both the colors on my wishlist - maybe they're the most popular ones?). I got doubles because the extra eyeshadow primer I'll give to my FSIL since I already got her some eyeshadow for Christmas (whenever she's over, she comments that she's jealous of my large makeup collection) and the extra lip thingies will go in my purse if I like them.

I've poked around looking at other sales but there's not anything I really want or that is already on a wishlist.

The only other thing I'm considering is a 1.5mm or 2mm platinum wedding band. E-weddingbands has 15% off, so that would take a little off. I just don't know which one I want. Or if I should even get one today - I mean, they're not terribly expensive to begin with, but 15% off the $350 one makes it just $300.

Cozystitches - Blue Nile has some. Here are two of them:
http://www.bluenile.com/14k-yellow-gold-twist-bangle-bracelet_20457?elem=title&track=product
http://www.bluenile.com/14k-yellow-gold-bangle-bracelet_20179?elem=title&track=product

figaro

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info on the Target gift cards! Just bought some online---I love doing Black Friday shopping from my couch!
Also did online shopping at Gap for the kids---50% off everything including denim and went thru ebates---extra 12% cash back!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stick to the internet and I bought most of my goodies earlier in the week. We got a Nespresso Citiz with the milk frother and a 60 inch Samsung smart TV, woot! Today I bought the Highline pods for the Nespresso machine. Oh and I ordered my L'Occitane earlier in the week and actually got it delivered Wednesday. I'm set up!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Thought this was funny (and sadly, true…)

1528514_812857185452324_9004626597018263780_n.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1417193378|3791728 said:

That's why I only shop online!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
No I'm not. The only target cards I see on sale at their website are the itunes cards.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I did find the gift cards. I will pick up a couple of those, thanks for the info.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
figaro - Glad you were able to get the Target deal too! I saw the gap deal too, and have to get some some things for my toddler. Super cute stuff!

Rena7 - Glad you found them! The deal should be open for another 40 minutes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I will not.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1417193832|3791730 said:
momhappy|1417193378|3791728 said:

That's why I only shop online!

Me too! I love the idea of shopping local (and I try to do it whenever possible), but you just can't beat online shopping around the Holidays. My Amazon Prime membership more than pays for itself when used for my Holiday shopping alone :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Online only. Our family requires detailed lists. And they're usually due well before thanksgiving because the family goes nuts shopping around this week. I usually have almost all of my shopping done by now, but I will have it totally done by monday save for two items (I get those at the nordstrom xmas party).

I like to gift the SpacePak packing cubes, and Flight001 has the 20% off special on their stuff today (cubes included), BLUE20 I believe is the code. Every time we travel, I pack our clothes in the Blue Clothes cubes. I can get my entire weeks worth of clothes underwear and socks included in one of those, and DH I do his clothes in one and his underwear and socks in a yellow underwear cube. We both rewear pants a few times so I usually only pack 1-2 pairs of pants, and enough shirts for a week, only rewearing a couple things more than once. These things are fantastic. Roll tshirts, camis, and some collared shirts. Roll underwear and socks. Fold pants and cardis and some collared shirts. Perfect. Love them.

Lo&Sons has a 30% off sale. I use a Catalina for my carry on, and have been able to pack for myself for an entire week in one. I put my packing cube in the bottom compartment, with a pair of tieks folded down and all my vanity crap and meds in the top section as well as a spare tote just in case I buy stuff on my trip. I have my packing down to a science. I am a nerd. Each trip for me is a new challenge on how to streamline it.

I also restocked my Honest.com stuff, with their 25% off code THANKSGIVING2014 that's good I think through Monday. I use their baby wipes like crazy, bec I am not allergic to them. Makeup, freshening up, etc., I love their hand sanitizers, their laundry pods and booster packs, their hand soap, fruit and veg wash..I love their products. I do not do a bundle though. I just buy what I want when I need/want it.

Chagrin Valley is 10% off (I like their Whipped Face and Eye Mousse) right now as well, thru Monday at 11:59EST :
You must enter the promo code CYBERCVS14 (Copy and paste to avoid errors), Enter the code in the box titled "Internal Case Number" located under the comments box during the checkout process., Click on the black button "Apply Case Number", You should see the message "Case Number applied. You're order has been discounted."

My family went super light on each other this year, and we're focusing on the family we got. The social workers asked that the families be slightly more specific this year than "gift card to xx store" because that has been a problem with families either just asking for a g/c and not buying gifts, or getting g/c and selling them. I think there were 6 kids from 20 to 4 on this family we got this year. The older boys on the list asked for nice "hoodies." Target had T-Tech by Tumi zip ups on their sale for $50 (which is awesome) so I got them each one of those (and myself one)... And then I got them more "casual" ones from Old Navy and JCP. They had an older daughter (20) so I got her and the mom makeup bags (my favorite Sonia Kashuk ones) and EOS lipbalms in mega packs from Costco and gc to BBW, Sephora and Ulta (they were on the list specifically to those places) so they could pick their own items. The younger daughter (11 or 14, can't remember which was the daughter) also wanted BBW and Ulta, so we got her gc to there and a smaller makeup bag of her own. Since they asked for makeupy places, I figured I was safer this time around with makeup bags and lip balms.

Now, tomorrow I will do my best to hit local places if possible, though we're not at home right now so I will be stimulating my MIL's local economy.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to stride rite after work with DS for winter boots. That 40% is a great deal and it's hard to buy shoes online for him.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
No, I've never gone out shopping. I can't deal with the crowds.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Will you go shopping today - Black Friday

Loves Vintage|1417185105|3791676 said:
Tell us more, diamondrnglover, what'd you get??

Missy - Good luck at Costco today! Hopefully, it won't be too busy! I've never heard of their cookbook.

I got my son's girlfriend a pretty winter scarf and hat, regular price $30.00, I got it for $9.99 and I got her a pair of Isotoner suede, fleeced line gloves, regular price $40.00, I got them for $15.00 :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I only shop online on Black Friday. I value my sanity. Though you wouldn't know it. :D

Got some gift sets at Loccitane, so I could get even more sets at a reduced price. Not sure if I saved or not.

Probably not . . . :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been online shopping. I held out all day after I got an email from Brian Gavin Diamonds last night.

It was 7 percent off the diamond and $195 off pendant or earring settings.

I grabbed the cheapest diamond in the entire inventory at $404. That's not really how you're meant to buy diamonds, is it?

I then chose a rose gold bezel pendant setting.

The diamond is 0.26, I color, VVS2. Despite the haphazard nature of the purchase, I think it will look very nice. Everyone says that I color is pretty white. I am pleased because the total was $555 including a bezel setting and chain. There were coupons for 10% off and 8% off, but all those available had been used. I felt slightly sad about missing out on the 10% until I realized that because the diamond wasn't too much, I only lost $12 by not getting the 10% coupon.

I look forward to its arrival.

xorubyred

Rough_Rock
I used to go shopping on black friday every year until I stopped ~6 years ago. I remember going to the outlets and having to wait 2-3hr in line just to get into each store, so shopping at 4 stores took up 12 hrs! Sales were nice and it was an exciting experience back when I was younger, but it's definitely not worth my time anymore. From what I see people are even crazier about black friday now so I definitely do not want to deal with the crowds. Online shopping is now my preference. :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya - I like your shopping style! You'll have to post your pendant here. I'm sure it will be gorgeous!!

Ame - I love your detailed shopping posts!!! I still use that Chagrin cream since your rec last year. I will have to check out honest.com. Thanks for posting the deal codes too!

MrsDarcy

Rough_Rock
We did once...never again! From the comfort of my home is how I'll be shopping this year!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I"ve done some onling shopping for non-bling items today.

I hope someone will take advantage of BGD's Black Friday sale...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results