Premium
Re: Let Me See Your Solitaire Engagement Ring WITH Your Plai

And here they are up close....

img_20141128_140539.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

AlexT- :love: I love your set! :love:

The more pears I see, the more I love them. One day I hope to have a pear in my collection :shhh: Don't tell hubby-LOL.

Thanks for listing the mm width of the bands also. The settings that I am looking at are 2.5mm and the bands that I have been looking at are the same or 3mm so your set gives me an idea of how they will look together!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wish in hindsight I had gone for thinner bands so that I can stack more! But actually, when trying on wedding rings I felt the 2.5mm & thinner were too thin for my long fingers - they looked a bit lost. I also have a 3mm eternity that I sandwich between my 2 bands, which feels like enough width when my hands are hot :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love a solitaire and plain wedding band, it is such a classic look that never goes out of style!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

AlexT- I think that they look perfect on you.

I love the look of 2mm bands on others, but my fingers are squishy (getting squishier as I get older :errrr: ) and I think that 2.5 mm or lower will end up making my fingers look fat instead of elegant.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

diamondrnglover|1417212274|3791894 said:
I love a solitaire and plain wedding band, it is such a classic look that never goes out of style!

I completely agree!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

I wear mine this way some days.

20141003_0.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alex T|1417176874|3791642 said:
Here are mine - perspective shot!
Wedding ring is 3mm, engagement ring is 2mm, 1.02ct Pear.
You're adorable! Lol.

Ring is perfect, hair is perfect!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bless you Niel! That came at the most perfect time, as I am full of cold, really run down & a bit fed up. You have cheered me up :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Rena7- Your set is so elegant!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

CRYSTAL24K|1417466632|3793412 said:
Rena7- Your set is so elegant!

Thank you. :wavey:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here it is. The photo is blurry, and I need to polish my (old) wedding band to match the new ring, but I do like it together.

I really like even the plain stacking bands on either side. I know I need at some point to get at least one stacking band :bigsmile:

10_30_14_1348cropped.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

PartGypsy- I love your set! :appl: :appl:
I followed your thread when you were looking for a setting and I have to tell you that it is absolutely perfect!
I would love to get my new setting and wedding band in yellow gold but DH doesn't like it. :errrr:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tell him yellow gold is classic! You should get what suits you, since you will be the one wearing it.
I do know that some couples like to match. I don't know what the etiquette is on that, but I don't see why you can't get gold and he get a different color metal if that's what he prefers. Seems like men in general like the white metals more.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

part gypsy|1417528035|3793818 said:
Tell him yellow gold is classic! You should get what suits you, since you will be the one wearing it.
I do know that some couples like to match. I don't know what the etiquette is on that, but I don't see why you can't get gold and he get a different color metal if that's what he prefers. Seems like men in general like the white metals more.

My husband wears a yellow gold ring (goes best with his ginger skin tone) and I wear a Trinity so, you know, it was always going to match lol.

But yeah I think its more important to get what looks best on you and what you like best rather than matching. But of course it may be important to your SO.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

My dh really likes yellow gold. I used to have a yellow gold wedding set since we got married in the 80's, but now I have white and he still has his old yellow gold band. We definitely do not match.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My husband and I got matching yellow gold bands when we got married, his is wider, I don't remember the mm sizes. All for $50 for mine, and $100 for his!

At the time I chose yellow gold since so much of my jewelry is silver, a yellow gold ring looked like a "real" wedding band to me. In general it connotes, is warmth, rich but not too formal. Something that can just grow on you.

I am loving all the white metal looks shown in this thread, it is very clean crisp and fresh looking. Depending on the style it can have an antique feel or a contemporary feel. when I was looking in person I was drawn to many of the white metal pieces, so I can understand how hard it is to choose!

In summer I like my more fun silver pieces, and in winter I like warmer gem colors and more intricate settings.

Thank you for posting this thread. With all the rings posted, it feels like solitaire and plain band sets are the rarity, when they have always been there.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Niel, Rena7 and PartGypsy- Thank you for your supportive words! I have 2-3 months before I make my decision. I will broach the subject with DH again. He should be agreeable as he just finished the winter semester of his MBA program, his birthday celebration is this week (we are going to his favorite steak house) therefore he should be more relaxed. I just need him to be on the same page with this reset, because I would just be so sad if every time he looked at the wedding set he really didn't like it. I could care less what he thinks about my other jewelry, most of which is yellow gold.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

part gypsy|1417609858|3794415 said:
Thank you for posting this thread. With all the rings posted, it feels like solitaire and plain band sets are the rarity, when they have always been there.

My pleasure!

I have an engagement ring with diamonds on the shank and I really want a set that will let my beautiful diamond steal the spotlight without distraction. This thread is also to help me to stay on track and not end up with another random piece of jewelry for our 10 year anniversary-LOL.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

CRYSTAL24K|1417631000|3794592 said:
Niel, Rena7 and PartGypsy- Thank you for your supportive words! I have 2-3 months before I make my decision. I will broach the subject with DH again. He should be agreeable as he just finished the winter semester of his MBA program, his birthday celebration is this week (we are going to his favorite steak house) therefore he should be more relaxed. I just need him to be on the same page with this reset, because I would just be so sad if every time he looked at the wedding set he really didn't like it. I could care less what he thinks about my other jewelry, most of which is yellow gold.

Your welcome. I have really been enjoying this thread as well. I look forward to seeing what you end up with.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: Wawag's Captivating CBI :appl:

screen_shot_2014-12-05_at_10.png

screen_shot_2014-12-05_at_4.png

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Another pic of Elysian's Set

screen_shot_2014-12-08_at_7.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results