shape
carat
color
clarity

Montana Sapphire - Good buy? Setting advice?

serenajea

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I have been looking for a Montana sapphire and have almost decided on this one from Gemfix (#470 Rhapsody cut).

I am looking for something with little to no green, a more silvery blue. I would like something eye clean. This stone is at the top end of my budget.

Does this look like a good buy?

Also, I would like to make this a right hand ring, possibly set in rose gold. Will rose gold suit this stone? Setting style suggestions appreciated (pics please)!

I don't know anything about Sapphires, and this is my first online purchase so your help is appreciated!
image_2629.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
serenajea|1417065215|3791088 said:
Hi all!

I have been looking for a Montana sapphire and have almost decided on this one from Gemfix (#470 Rhapsody cut).

Montana Sapphire Cushion "Rhapsody" Cut
Weight: 1.12cts
Measurements: 6.1x5.7mm, depth 4mm
Clarity: VVS
Origin: Montana, USA
Enhancements: Heat only
Price: $ 895.00
Order/Stock No.: sapphire_montana_470
Description: Flashy silvery-blue cushion. Brilliant and fiery, well cut and eye clean.
(Cut by Andrew Gulij) Closest Pantone Color Card: no match

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html

I am looking for something with little to no green, a more silvery blue. I would like something eye clean. This stone is at the top end of my budget.

Does this look like a good buy?

Also, I would like to make this a right hand ring, possibly set in rose gold. Will rose gold suit this stone? Setting style suggestions appreciated (pics please)!

I don't know anything about Sapphires, and this is my first online purchase so your help is appreciated!
image_2629.jpg

I wouldn't say its a "good buy," but its a fair retail price for a heated one carat greyish blue sapphire. It's also well cut, which is nice.

If you set it in rose gold, that will bring out more blue in the stone. If you set it in white metal, it will bring out more grey. Yellow metal will also bring out more blue, but probably not as much as rose gold.

It depends on what you like, more of an icy look (greyish), or more blue.

It might go more grey in some lighting, so I would ask about any color shifts. The tone is nice in that its not a very dark stone, and it will probably sparkle in all lighting.

serenajea

Rough_Rock
Thank you for responding. I think rose gold is the way to go then, and I will ask about colour shifts before I buy!

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
I think it's a solid buy. Nice stone!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see a lot of green in it? I think others might be better suited if you're looking for no green.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I'm seeing a lot of green too.

But then I love green - blue and am always on the look out for it so may just be my eyes :D

serenajea

Rough_Rock
This was the one the seller suggested to me when I told them I was looking for little to no green, I see the green in this image too! I guess I won't know until I see it in real life, that's the tricky thing about buying online from the states when you live in Australia haha. Thanks for responding :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results