color
clarity

Hey, DF

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you look at your new Octavia today?
What have you done with it?
Will you admit to wearing it in the clip-ring, around the house when nobody else is home? :whistle:

Do tell. :naughty:
We'll keep your secrets.

You can even post those pics you took of it in your navel. :D

... or did Mrs. DF take it away already?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1414543494|3774162 said:
Did you look at your new Octavia today?
What have you done with it?
Will you admit to wearing it in the clip-ring, around the house when nobody else is home? :whistle:

Do tell. :naughty:
We'll keep your secrets.

You can even share the pics you took of it in your navel. :D
not today b/c I was busy all day. I'm trying to figure out how a VSB stone should look like under the sun. How call I tell if the stone is milky, oily or over blue under the sun?.. :confused:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea but that's probably a question for RT's experts.

Does it look oily or milky?

My experience: I had an asscher with GIA med blue fluor.
When put next to a NO fluor stone under a clear blue sunny sky I saw NO difference.
I did see and equal amount of blue in both ... which must have been just reflections of the blue sky.

Next I really doubt Jon would let this one by if it had that infamous milky/oily problem.
He knows you are connected to the experts of PS, and there IS a 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee.

I'll betcha one of the first questions he asked Yoram is whether it had this issue.
If that answer was yes I'll bet the rough would have been withdrawn from the project.
I trust Jon.

But by all means get your question/concerns put to rest.
Pursue it to your satisfaction asap.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1414545848|3774176 said:
I have no idea but that's probably a question for RT's experts.

Does it look oily or milky?

My experience: I had an asscher with GIA med blue fluor.
When put next to a NO fluor stone under a clear blue sunny sky I saw NO difference.
I did see and equal amount of blue in both ... which must have been just reflections of the blue sky.

Next I really doubt Jon would let this one by if it had that infamous milky/oily problem.
He knows you are connected to the experts of PS, and there IS a 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee.

I'll betcha one of the first questions he asked Yoram is whether it had this issue.
If that answer was yes I'll bet the rough would have been withdrawn from the project.
I trust Jon.

But by all means get your question/concerns put to rest.
Pursue it to your satisfaction asap.
I don't see it, but then I don't know what to look for... :oops: Jon said the Octavia have no negative effects when he evaluated the stone in his store.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1414560357|3774270 said:
I don't see it, but then I don't know what to look for... :oops: Jon said the Octavia have no negative effects when he evaluated the stone in his store.

Not to be flip, but look for oily/milky.
I think you look for it when ultraviolet light is present, such as direct sunlight or using the UV light you used to take those two cool pics.

If you don't see that then I'd guess it's not there.
I also have a lot of trust in Jon's expertise and honesty.

If you are still not at peace about this you should ask on RT, where the diamond experts hang out.
Perhaps there's an appraiser on PS list in your area or you can drive to the largest city near you.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sincerely doubt that it will have adverse effects, I saw a RB negatively impacted by it and the best way to describe it was it was like it was straining to sparkle properly and it had a milky/frosty thing going on as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1414563220|3774277 said:
I sincerely doubt that it will have adverse effects, I saw a RB negatively impacted by it and the best way to describe it was it was like it was straining to sparkle properly and it had a milky/frosty thing going on as well.
Mine don't have that problem...it sparkles like crazy in direct sun light.. :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1414563106|3774276 said:
Dancing Fire|1414560357|3774270 said:

Not to be flip, but look for oily/milky.
I think you look for it when ultraviolet light is present, such as direct sunlight or using the UV light you used to take those two cool pics.

If you don't see that then I'd guess it's not there.
I also have a lot of trust in Jon's expertise and honesty.

If you are still not at peace about this you should ask on RT, where the diamond experts hang out.
Perhaps there's an appraiser on PS list in your area or you can drive to the largest city near you.
Kenny
The stone look completely different b/t these two light sources. When I pointed the UV light on the stone it'll glow to a darker blue (depending on the distance) the closer I point the UV light the darker the blue. Outside under direct sun light I only notice a light blue tint, but still sparkles like crazy... :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your wife's diamonds have no fluor perhaps take them all outside and compare.
If your VSBF does not look any more milky and oily than your wife's then perhaps that would put this concern to bed.

Actually, I think you should ship me your Octavia. :Up_to_something:
I wouldn't want to make any rush judgments though since you are such a good friend.
I'll spend a few years with it and tell you what I think. :lol:

I don't know but I suspect there are several other generous and selfless PS members who would provide you the same service for you if you asked them nicely. :twisted:

You know, I wouldn't be mad at you if you took and posted more pics. :errrr:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kenny
Do you have any guesses of how many Octavias had been cut to this day?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yo, DF! :wavey: I'd be happy to help you check your Octavia for milky/oily! :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1415260782|3778427 said:
Hey Kenny

I'd guess 15 to 20, but Karl probably knows.
Yo! Karl!?!

I do believe your 2.30 is the second largest, after that 2.38 ... unless others were commissioned and not mentioned on PS, or sold quickly after listing on GOG.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1415266460|3778436 said:
Dancing Fire|1415260782|3778427 said:
Hey Kenny

I'd guess 15 to 20, but Karl probably knows.
Yo! Karl!?!

I do believe your 2.30 is the second largest, after that 2.38 ... unless others were commissioned and not mentioned on PS, or sold quickly after listing on GOG.
I'm sure that Stormy, Jon and Yoram knows the #, but I don't think they will tell us the #. I'm guessing like 25.. :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know it it should be 25 million.

... if people could just SEE one.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1415296406|3778660 said:

DF, now that you've had one for a while do you agree?
Do you also wonder why Octavias aren't flying off the shelves?

Or do you think it's nice, but nothing special?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1415313770|3778833 said:
kenny|1415296406|3778660 said:

DF, now that you've had one for a while do you agree?
Do you also wonder why Octavias aren't flying off the shelves?

Or do you think it's nice, but nothing special?
I don't have an answer for Q #1
IMO answer to Q #2 ...b/c the Octavia faces up smaller than other shapes of the same weight.
The Octavia is a beautiful stone ... :love: IMO the only fanny cut that can put up a fight against RB in performance.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I keep forgetting that most people want shapes that have the largest face up appearance for the budget.
That is a downside of all asschers.

FWIW, I think Karl wrote the Octavia faces up the same as a well-cut generic asscher.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1415387191|3779336 said:
Yeah, I keep forgetting that most people want shapes that have the largest face up appearance for the budget.

FWIW, I think Karl wrote the Octavia faces up the same as a well-cut generic asscher.
True, but only a few people on earth had ever heard of Octavia. Your the ambassador for Octavia.. :wink2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1415388040|3779347 said:
kenny|1415387191|3779336 said:

True, but only a few people on earth had ever heard of Octavia. Your the ambassador for Octavia.. :wink2:

True ... Hey Jon ... Where's my check? :$$):

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I might get in trouble for sharing this but yours is number 30 DF not counting the prototype.
High prices and strange numbers on paper is the biggest reason I would say for not more selling.
Due to the high costs there is not much we can do about that and without the strange numbers it would not be what it is.
The hardest part is getting out there is the spread issue that even with 75%+ depth it has a reasonable spread even better than some well cut asschers with 65% depth.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karl. :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1415464587|3779768 said:
I might get in trouble for sharing this but yours is number 30 DF not counting the prototype.
High prices and strange numbers on paper is the biggest reason I would say for not more selling.
Due to the high costs there is not much we can do about that and without the strange numbers it would not be what it is.
The hardest part is getting out there is the spread issue that even with 75%+ depth it has a reasonable spread even better than some well cut asschers with 65% depth.
Stormy...thanks for sharing the #s.. :wavey:
Kenny, we should feel proud :praise: b/c there are only 25 other person on earth whom are sporting an Octavia at this moment. Wonder how many are PSers?.. :read:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Kenny
Had you ever thought about mounting your Octavia corner to corner on a tension setting? it'll show more diamond but look weird.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think Kenny?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1417650703|3794766 said:
What do you think Kenny?

Thoughts.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1417055182|3791018 said:
Hey Kenny
Had you ever thought about mounting your Octavia corner to corner on a tension setting? it'll show more diamond but look weird.

No, an asscher mounted 45 degrees offset from the usual way is not for me.
Others may like it.
To each their own.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DF, congrats on the new acquisition. Octavias look very special - a kind of 'in the know' gem.

Good to see Kenny here as well.

It was actually DF's avatar that brought me back here. I just recently purchased an ALS Timezone and was trawling through some forums and kept seeing Dancing Fire. Made me curious if the PS and WIS DF were one and the same. Just thought I would say hi, and appreciate the RG Lange Moonphase. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1417831547|3796186 said:
Hey DF, congrats on the new acquisition. Octavias look very special - a kind of 'in the know' gem.

Good to see Kenny here as well.

It was actually DF's avatar that brought me back here. I just recently purchased an ALS Timezone and was trawling through some forums and kept seeing Dancing Fire. Made me curious if the PS and WIS DF were one and the same. Just thought I would say hi, and appreciate the RG Lange Moonphase. :)
Yup, the same crazy guy... :praise: Congrats on your ALS TZ .. :appl: I am jealous =) The ALS TZ is a beautiful watch.. :love:

Please post a wrist shot on this thread...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-luxury-watches.196653/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-luxury-watches.196653/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results