shape
carat
color
clarity

Box arrived and... empty

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! What a horror scenario. I hope this will come to a good end. All the best!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VirginiaZee|1416860914|3789704 said:
I've been lurking for a long time and occasionally posting to comment on peoples' lovely sparklies. I was hoping for a happier first post, but c'est la vie. Honestly I'm just looking to type this in a forum where people might understand... I work in an office with lots of men and few women, and no one else who likes bling, so they're not quite on the same wavelength. :sick: So, here's the sob story.

I found a beautiful stone. It was everything I wanted (okay, so there was probably a tilt window, but when you're talking about an almost 2 ct blue/lavender Luc Yen spinel you forgive a little bit, ya know)? I stalked the UPS tracking page religiously. And then... an exception occurred. Apparently I had refused delivery? WTF? Since I was stuck in meetings lovely DH called UPS for me. No no, as it turns out for some reason the driver opened the box (I'm still trying to get clarification on that) and... it was empty. :(sad :(sad :(sad :(sad I know this is "only" bling yada yada, but right now I feel physically sick. Thanks for letting me... vent? Commiserate? I don't even know right now.

Oh Virginia, I am so sorry! I hope somehow your spinel turns up. Sending you hugs and much PS dust for a happy outcome.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very sorry. I hope the vendor also steps into this situation with UPS because he's the one who packaged it and took care of the mailing. Due to this being a loose gem, UPS will NOT insure the gem so the insurance has to be by the vendor. If the spinel was set though, then it is considered jewellery and can be insured by UPS.

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh.My.Gosh! No!!! :knockout: Sending every ounce of warmth your way, VirginiaZee. I cannot even begin to imagine! I had a bit of a scare with my last purchase (which happened to be The One) where the tracking said it went across the country first. Very weird.

I sincerely hope there's a resolution soon that doesn't leave you emotionally sick or pulling out your hair or both. Good thoughts that the stone turns up somewhere. Miracles happen, right? :) :halo:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1416920334|3790169 said:
Oh.My.Gosh! No!!! :knockout: Sending every ounce of warmth your way, VirginiaZee. I cannot even begin to imagine! I had a bit of a scare with my last purchase (which happened to be The One) where the tracking said it went across the country first. Very weird.

I sincerely hope there's a resolution soon that doesn't leave you emotionally sick or pulling out your hair or both. Good thoughts that the stone turns up somewhere. Miracles happen, right? :) :halo:
You know, I had a package coming from LA to me (2-3 hours away from LA) via overnight air. You know where it went overnight? Kentucky. What.the.heck. But it got here overnight, so whatever works, but still weird.

There is a many paged thread when my package via USPS Registered went missing for 60 days.

Hugs. I hope they find it.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Gotta love the trials and tribulations of shipping anything through the mail. :cheeky: They (UPS) said their "investigation" could take up to 8 business days. So we shall see. I'm trying not to be hopeful. :rolleyes:

ETA: 60 DAYS? I would have been SO. INCREDIBLY. UNHAPPY. And then so relieved. :cheeky:

ETA (again): Thanks for the commiseration, all, about the horror stories of shipping/receiving items. Glad to know it's not just me (though I sincerely hope none of you ever lose a sparkly or anything else in the post ever again!). :wavey:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
May 13-July 1. I think the vendor rushed it and I had it back in hand 65 days from originally shipping out the stone because of all of the nonsense I went through to get it to them. Reading back through the thread makes my stomach clench just thinking about it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/registered-mail-and-usps.116484/

So what has the vendor said about all of this?

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did the vendor offer a refund? I believe that is the only thing that can happen is that you get a full refund, Title of the purchase passes to you when you receive the stone. Unless you specify how you want it shipped. If the box was opened by UPS and "lost" there is little chance of getting the stone itself and the vendor can't replace it with the exact stone you purchased.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
MJO, the vendor has said they will provide a full refund, and they have been talking with UPS on their end. I've never had a problem with my local UPS office (though admittedly I'm not used to getting gemmies shipped through them, but I order more off Amazon than I should), so I think the problem might be at one of the intermediate offices. Once the results of UPS' internal investigation are complete, and the stone is confirmed lost (in just about a week's time... :blackeye: ), the refund will be processed. I payed by PayPal, so that's an added protection on the financial side.

Ugh, and Freke, even though I know your thread had a happy ending it's still incredibly stressful reading! So glad Big Blue made it back!

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well the good part is the vender is living up to his/her responsibility so I would ask them to try and find another before I would ask anyone else. Good luck and I hope you find another you really love.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MJO|1417012197|3790690 said:
Well the good part is the vender is living up to his/her responsibility so I would ask them to try and find another before I would ask anyone else. Good luck and I hope you find another you really love.

Good to hear that the vendor is going to refund your money if they can't find it. I remember sending a stone back for a refund, and it never got to the vendor. I didn't ask for a refund because it was my responsibility to make sure the stone got safely to him. Fortunately, my insurance covered the cost of the missing gem.

Likewise, a stone never got to me, and I was issued a refund.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read this. Hoping for the best and a new spinel for you!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very glad to hear that the vendor will process a refund and is involved in this.......It looks like you will not get the stone you ordered, but this is certainly better than the alternative of no refund and no stone.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
That's awful that the UPS driver opened the box! :angryfire: :angryfire:
Sending you dust that the Luc Yen will show up. :(

I'm glad that the vendor has your back

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just curious who the vendor is? Since they are standing up for you they should be recognized.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Oh how frustrating. Still don't understand why the UPS driver opened the box, though?? I hope you find it or it gets resolved in some way. That's terribly frustrating, I'm sure.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to know the vendor as well! Glad that they are standing up for their work. Really really is awful that the stone is potentially (I am still holding out hope!) lost. :sick:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though it sounds like you won't have a financial loss, we all know the excitement of buying "the" stone and anticipation while waiting for it to arrive...and can only imagine the disappointment. Hopefully, it will have a happier ending and you find an even more perfect for you stone (maybe folks here can even help) :)

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
This is the stuff PS'ers nightmares are made of! I have to admit I get particularly ansy in weeks leading up to festivities.

I'm aghast the driver opened your package. It all just seems a bit. .. fishy. To me. I can only hope that it magically appears.. but if not, that you suffer no financial loss and find another perfect stone.

Keep us updated, hope you are ok OP!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I was hoping to read that maybe it had been found but I know that's a long shot!

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
In the past 6 months I've had problems with all 3 major carriers in the US - Fedex, UPS, and USPS.

Most recently I had a fedex package without problem delivering a stone - and it was completely sealed with tape on both ends - with a notice not to accept. So I can imagine if yours was broken that the driver had reason to refuse - but having a package dropped and the stone escaping? Unacceptable.

Hang in there. Three packages were delayed and arrived in-between 2-5 months. Even had to resolve refunds and re-buy/re-send payment. Very difficult and trying, especially when gifts and the holiday season craziness.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Has your spinel has been found?

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
LoversKites said:
Has your spinel has been found?

Hi LK... unfortunately, no. :wall: However, I decided to go in a completely different direction and may have found something sparkly and blue that will be coming my way in the next few weeks. :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you found something else.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, that was the best course of action imo :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results