shape
carat
color
clarity

new from PP - custom Akoya Keshi chain w WSS Drop Pearl

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first show-and-tell post ever on PS but I particularly wanted to share this PP pearl necklace as I don't think the stock item has been posted about yet... hope some of you find this thread helpful!

For a couple months I had been stalking PP's stock Large White South Sea Baroque Pearl on Akoya Keshi Chain - http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-2739-large-white-south-sea-baroque-pearl-on-akoya-keshi-chain.aspx - I thought with a few tweaks it'd be the perfect everyday necklace for me.

Finally a few weeks ago I did a Live Chat with Hisano (on a Sunday afternoon!), asking if we could lengthen the Keshi chain to 17" and switch out the WSS baroque pearl for a smaller (11-12mm) drop AAA WSS pearl. She suggested I go custom for this project, put up a listing for me, and said I'd hear from PP early in the week.

A few days later Lynsey emailed me some pics of drop WSS pearls. None of them appealed to me so I let Lynsey know I was really hoping for a smooth, symmetrical and pleasing drop-shape AAA pearl, saying I'd be open to going a bit smaller/larger if need be. She unearthed the perfect pearl, and emailed pics of it along with the then-available Akoya Keshi chains.

This is the pearl:
img_8874_1__-_b.jpg

And I chose the 2nd from the bottom Keshi chain:
img_8871_1__-_b.jpg

I didn't get a PP glamour photo of the finished necklace, but here's a couple pics I took:

dsc02281_-_b.jpg

dsc02276_-_b.jpg

And, me wearing it with a casual plaid shirt - see how versatile it is?!

dsc02269_-_b_0.jpg

Super happy with this new pearl necklace; the Akoya Keshi chain adds interest and texture and keeps the vibe low-key, and the WSS pearl is really gorgeous, with a nicely fat drop shape and a lovely glowing lustre.

And, because my WSS pearl was smaller in size, though AAA as opposed to the stock AA+ 14-15mm baroque pearl, the price for my custom necklace was less than the stock piece on the website - gotta love that !

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful marymm. I love the pearl you selected. It's just perfect.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
marymm I think that is a great look, love it! thanks for posting. It is really useful to get info on how custom made works and how things turn out, and that little hint on cost is super helpful. A keishi chain is a certainly food for thought for me....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
very pretty and versatile, too. I love the SS drop you selected- what size is it?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for sharing! I have a WSS drop pendant and no chain that is appropriate to wear it with. This may provide a solution!

Your pendant looks lovely on you. Enjoy and wear in health.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover, Gemzy, dk168, pinkjewel, and bsomlo - thank you!

Plus, I'm just realizing, I can remove the WSS and wear it with another chain, or wear the Akoya Keshi chain alone or with another pendant - the whole thing is even more versatile than I first thought.

pinkjewel|1417039249|3790896 said:
very pretty and versatile, too. I love the SS drop you selected- what size is it?

pinkjewel, I don't have the exact dimensions, but the PP invoice and appraisal doc says it is 11mm-12mm. I just put it side-by-side with a 11.4mm round GSS I have, and this drop WSS looks to be apx 12mm in length x 11mm in width, really the perfect size for me.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1417045746|3790940 said:
NacreLover, Gemzy, dk168, pinkjewel, and bsomlo - thank you!

Plus, I'm just realizing, I can remove the WSS and wear it with another chain, or wear the Akoya Keshi chain alone or with another pendant - the whole thing is even more versatile than I first thought.

pinkjewel|1417039249|3790896 said:

pinkjewel, I don't have the exact dimensions, but the PP invoice and appraisal doc says it is 11mm-12mm. I just put it side-by-side with a 11.4mm round GSS I have, and this drop WSS looks to be apx 12mm in length x 11mm in width, really the perfect size for me.

That's a great size for an everyday necklace! I have a couple that size that I haven't decided what to do with yet- but I really like yours. Funny, I never noticed it on PP's website. I've always liked the 35"(or is it 36"?) keshi rope with the SS pearls, so I'm surprised I never noticed this length.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful and delicate

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very sweet ! And how great that it's cost less that Plan ! !! Always a bonus when that happens!! :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your necklace, how pretty!! :love: :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love that chain, so pretty and great pick on the pearl. Just lovely! :love: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Such a pretty drop! Enjoy your new pearls! :)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone ... and, Happy Thanksgiving!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results