shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond by Lauren photography

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Any Idea what lighting DBL are using the diamonds look very natural in their photos

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
From what I understand they optimize the light for each stone to show each stone to it's best advantage.

From a diamond photography standpoint their pictures are excellent. From a standpoint of someone buying a diamond-- I personally find it more helpful to see the flaws of a diamond I am purchasing over the internet.

But people vary.

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
any other ideas for photography help reasons

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
treasurehunter|1416950896|3790418 said:
any other ideas for photography help reasons

Why don't you call DBL and ask David to tell you about it?

Unfortunately David's photography has been the subject of much heated debate on here, and your odds of getting an educated but unbiased and agenda-less opinion on the details are somewhere between zero and rock-bottom. He's very friendly and I'm sure he'd be happy to chat with you if you reach out to him.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
I just wish he would get a better hand model for his hand shots :lol:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've purchased a lot of stones and rings from David over the years. I think he has very realistic photos both in favorable and not so favorable lighting. I don't think you would be surprised by anything you would purchase from him, and his return policy is no hassle. This isn't anything negative about any other vendor, I just think if there is something you are interested in, David is a straight shooter.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla|1416972742|3790584 said:
I've purchased a lot of stones and rings from David over the years. I think he has very realistic photos both in favorable and not so favorable lighting. I don't think you would be surprised by anything you would purchase from him, and his return policy is no hassle. This isn't anything negative about any other vendor, I just think if there is something you are interested in, David is a straight shooter.

+1, 100%

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy going to his site just to look at the pictures!

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree he has great photos. I complimented him once and asked about lighting. He told me that he generally takes a few in natural light and a few in a lightbox. This gives an accurate overall impression of the diamonds and pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results