shape
carat
color
clarity

So I bought some new stuff...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- I actually love it with the tail hanging the most. Can you/will you wear it that way? It's so alluring styled like that.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, amazing pearls! Really stunning, such luster. Mmmmmm delicious that wave strand. Rare or common, those pearls are beauties. Congratulations on a wonderful collection. My personal favourites those large Tahitian drops. Oh my!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your purchases are gorgeous Icy Jade :love: :love: . I think my favorite is the wave strand; the colors are so vibrant and I especially love the coppery pearls. Such a mesmerizing variety of colors.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1416686376|3788619 said:
Icy -- I actually love it with the tail hanging the most. Can you/will you wear it that way? It's so alluring styled like that.

I hope I can! That's the reason why I bought the orbit clasps from PP. I will experiment with different styles once I have the rope. The waves makes it a bit different from my other ropes so I'm also curious how it'll look.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Icy, WOW!!!! I can't believe the luster. Lucky you!

Gssp_newbie

Rough_Rock
Wow, that multicolour strand is truly stunning! Do u mind giving a range of the price (or u can also pm me in the other pearl forum site)? How I wish I were in Sg right now... (Kicking myself for not pearl hunting last year when I was there!)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all your new things - so amazing! The luster on all of them is really beautiful! (Fans herself) :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Your new pearls are gorgeous! Love them all!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all your kind comments! I'll love to hear from you which are your favorites after you see the rest of my loot.

Yay! Last batch of pearls from PP that I got last week. Hopefully the upload doesn't drive me crazy.

9. Tahitian off round rope from the August PP Tahitian sale - AA+ 7.7 to 12 mm, 65 inches. Dark green body with peacock overtones

On website:
image_2590.jpg

image_2591.jpg

Final mock-up before stringing. Note the slight 'wave' pattern so that the bigger pearls are in front, instead of back, when worn as a triple.
image_2592.jpg

After stringing:
image_2580.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
12. Two ripples from the October PP sale - I specifically requested for silvery white/ whitest white color. Made to nest together. One is 19 inches and the other is 20.

Ripples:
image_2582.jpg

IRL:
image_2596.jpg

Neck shots:
image_2597.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
13. Strand of triple blue baroque akoya during the October PP spooky sale - 7.5-8 mm. I needed 4 strands for my fat neck...

image_2583.jpg

IRL:
image_2603.jpg image_2604.jpg

Neck shots:
image_2602.jpg

Yes they are quite blue irl. :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
10. "Russian doll" pearl from the September PP Connoisseur sale - 9.3 mm

In the end I went with the simplest setting:

image_2579.jpg

IRL:

image_2606.jpg

Neck shots:

image_2605.jpg

It is a cutie but I find it a bit too delicate as a pendant since I'm used to 15-16 mm pendants. The setting can be used on the charm bracelet as a "charm" tho and I'm guessing that's how I will be wearing it most of the time.

Irl it has bands of color so the color is hard to describe. You can see more in the pics in the next post.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
11. Charm bracelet comprising of 11 loose pearls from the September PP Connoisseur sale plus the "Russian doll"

image_2581.jpg

All lined up before I confirmed that I want to go ahead with a charm bracelet:
image_2588.jpg

IRL:
image_2607.jpg image_2608.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wrist shots:

image_2609.jpg

image_2610.jpg

image_2611.jpg

This charm bracelet will always hold some special memories for me as I only managed to snag so many loose pearls cos I was up feeding my newborn. See, the stocks were usually released in the wee hours in my part of the world and I usually wouldn't be awake at that time.

I would also like to again thank those PS-ers who were so kind to let me have their pearls. :)

========

Ok, that's it! Hope you have enjoyed seeing the pearls as much as i will enjoy wearing them. The wave strand and loose drops are pending stringing/setting so I will be back to update on their status.

In the meantime if you have particular favorites from these, do share as I'm curious what you think about my spree/buys. :wavey:

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Ohmy. <3 <3 <3! I personally love the triple blue baroque Akoya (did I mention I love blue? :D ) and the charm bracelet is lovely :3 Also the wave strand. Can you tell I can't make up my mind? XD

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Look at all of those lovely Tahitians. So pretty on your bracelet. The Russian doll pearl was Jeremy's favorite from the batch of 5,600 pearls and how nice that you will be able to look at it all day on your wrist. I'm a big fan of pearl bracelets. :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, I love your entire collection. The GSS drops and the large Tahitian drops are probably my favorites. Your ear shot of the GSS drop earrings is exquisite. To die for.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I'm a bit partial to the GSS and the tahitians but they are all so different and all so beautiful.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
It's becoming difficult to pick favorites! The large tahitian drops I think may still be my favourites -- the luster is out of this world! Of the latest round (easier to talk in rounds with these amounts!) I like the Tahitian rope and blue akoyas the best. Personally I'm not a fan of charm bracelets, but yours is very pretty.

Now the *difficult* part for you will what to pick to wear each day! :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I have such a memory problem I can only vote from this batch! My pick is the triple blues - stunning! I'm also working on a PP charm bracelet, so far I have 1 round WSS, 1 round GSS and 1 round Tahitian that I plan to mix with various other pearls I have on eye pins for dangle earrings (pictures to come) so that would be my second favorite!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
IcyJade, I L-O-V-E your cherry tahitian studs from Golay, the size is perfect on you. I want a pair just like yours!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
So difficult to pick a favorite as I love them all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
icy_jade|1416667624|3788488 said:
8. "Wave" multi-colored Tahitian rope from Golay Singapore - 7 to 14 mm

I don't have this strand yet as it is being strung with orbit clasps from pp. But I took some pics in the office when I dropped off the clasps. The wave strand looks far better IRL than these crappy pics taken under office lighting. I really didn't intend to buy any Tahitian strands this year as I'd earmarked the pearl funds for a WSSP strand. But I was totally smitten after I tried it on.

Here are some neck shots in the Golay office:

Mock lariat style:
image_2557.jpg

Doubled:
image_2558.jpg

Light box under office lighting:
image_2559.jpg

At the fair (GSSP drops on top):
image_2560.jpg

I'll take more pics when I get it back. Plus examine the colors more closely. I was told that this strand has some rare colors but I'm not sure which particular pearls/colors are rare other than blue. Anyone here who can help to identify the rare colors? I'm really curious!

OKOKOK I am dying here.... :love: Mewantmewantmewant
Love the charms bracelet and cherry T's.
But all great choices. You are one luckie pearl duckie!

cheers--Sharon

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade, in the "wave" rope, I think the golden kiwi color is fairly rare. It would probably take a long time to collect enough to make a strand.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade. Oh my. Too delicious. All of it! Thanks for sharing. :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it all! It's too hard to pick. Ok, if I HAD to pick, I'd say that my favourites are your Tahitian drops, the wave strand, and the GSS pearls (although that colour would not suit me, so I'd be unlikely to go that route if I was buying for myself). But your PP strand and all of your loose pearl finds are great too! The Russian doll pearl is fantastic...but I can see why you'd prefer it on your bracelet.

I hope they are just as luscious IRL and that you enjoy wearing every one of them!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
IcyJade, I had to comment again, the Tahitian Drop Strand :love: from PP s August sale is dear to my heart because I feel we have "Sister" strands, the Wave Strand I am hypnotized. The Round Rope you were quicker than I, was so close to clicking add to cart. Your GSS make me want. Everything is truly lovely you lucky Pearl Girl.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me: Are you on the other forum? Can you pls PM me? My nick is icyjade.

Ennui: Thanks! I'll be posting more pics of the strand when I get it. If you spot any other rare colors let me know k?

Fly Girl: Thanks for pointing out that the "doll" is a special pearl. It's certainly a special pearl and that's why it's the only one set with a diamond. :) And yes I did like the idea of being able to see all these lovely pearls when I wear them. Something that can't be done if they are on my ears or neck.

Cmd: yes they are as luscious in real life as you see in the pics. of course they are mostly taken indoors near natural light. But my shots are nearly all non-light box ones (except for the wave strand but that's cos the office had really bad lighting for photographing pearls).

-----

Thanks to everyone else for sharing your thoughts!

So if I look thru the selections, the Tahitian drops are a clear winner? It's probably what I would pick too if I really have to (luckily they all belong to me, haha). A close second would be the wave strand - probably the crappy pics didn't help its case. I'll take some photos in diffused lighting when I have it. I've a few third place winners - the new golden drops, the blue akoyas and the charm bracelet (that includes the doll). I'll admit to being biased against the loose pearls I bought last year... New pearls having the novelty factor and all.

Now to control myself during the upcoming sales. :errrr:
Do share your buys k? I'll be living vicariously through your purchases for a while I guess...

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Icy Jade, my favorite (although all your choices are beautiful) is the Wave Strand ... just so special! And how nice to visit the Russian Doll pearl again. While at the Ruckus, Jeremy brought out the box of "his favorite" pearls, and did indeed pull out that pearl and mention it was his very favorite. I had it in my hand, and the goldsmith came out to talk about how to set it ... when something came up, and we had to move on, and I wasn't fast enough during the sale ... so much fun to see it here again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results