shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Cut Help Please!

cp84cdn

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Shopping for an engagement ring. Have narrowed it to two that I like. Was hoping for some opinions on cut:

Option 1
Graded Cut: Excellent
Carat 1.21
Colour F
Clarity VVS2
Depth % 60.9
Table 58%
Crown Angle: 35
Pavilion Angle: 41

Option 2
Graded Cut: Excellent
Carat 1.31
Colour E
Clarity VS1
Depth 62.1%
Table 56%
Crown Angle 35.3
Pavilion Angle 40.6

Opinions? Option 2 has a great HCA score at 1.1 while Option 1 is 2.2 HCA but know there are limitations on HCA. While I am sure there are better cut diamonds out there, I am more concerned of which of these two are better, not other outside options.

Thanks, much appreciated!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen them in person or do you have pictures?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just based on the #s I'd pick #2

cp84cdn

Rough_Rock
I have seen them both in person. Unfortunately in different locations so cannot compare side by side. Option 2 seems to sparkle more and the E colour is beautifully white.

cp84cdn

Rough_Rock
Also, if it helps, both diamonds are graded Excellent Symmetry and Excellent Polish. No fluorescence in either diamond.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No red flags in either set of numbers.

That's all we can tell you, though - we can't tell you which stone would be "better", or a better fit for your needs, without more info.

Do you have the report numbers? If so, post them - and who graded #2? GIA rounds crown to 0.5, but AGSL notes three significant digits in ct wt and I'd be curious about the demotion to EX, and which report type is issued... Prices on both? You say they're from different vendors - does one have a setting you like? It's much less hassle to keep it all in one place if possible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results