shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good choice for my engagement ring??

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Hi all! :wavey:

Although I was originally set in having a sapphire as my engagement ring (I live in Sydney, Australia.. so it took me a long time to find the right one!), things didn't work out as I expected, so I decided to take a break from the search. In the meantime, I had the chance to try diamonds for the first time! haha (in my culture, women don't wear engagement rings.. so I've never pictured myself wearing a ring.. let alone a diamond one!). To my surprise.. I instantly felt in love with the classic solitaire style! I think it looks very classy and timeless.. :love:
Ok, after reading heaps of posts from this forum, resources, etc.. I decided to go locally, so I called in a diamond, and hopefully next week I'll have all the IS pics, videos, etc (I went with Jogia diamonds, in Perth, maybe the aussies here know about it?).

These are the specs from the one I chose (GIA certified):
1.70ct - SI - J
Depth: 60.9 %
Table: 58 %
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Fluorescence: Strong Blue
GIA 3x
HCA 0.9
GIA cert
Price: ~ 9700AUD (~$8300USD)
I'm attaching the only pic they had.

What do you all think about it?? My size is 6.5/6.75 (M1/2-N), so I was leaning towards 1.50ct-2ct, since I wanna have good finger coverage. I've tried 1.30ct and 1.40ct and thought they looked great! but a tad smallish on me. Also, I'm thinking about choosing the classic tiffany setting in plat, would it be ok with a J? I know these diamonds are a bit 'warmer', although I'm hopping the strong fluo would make up for it! :pray:

I've decided to buy the ring here, so if anybody knows of any other place in Aus, please let me know! My budget is 10kAUD, but I can stretch a bit.. :bigsmile:

_24546.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a very nice 60/60 style stone. It will favor white light a bit more over colored but since it has a nice crown height and a slightly smaller table it should be more balanced than most 60/60 style stones.
Please post IS when you have it.

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying, Gypsy! ::) I'll post all the IS images as soon as I have them!

What do you think of pairying it with a plat setting? Would it look ok? :eh:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! And you can't go wrong with platinum. Please post when ring is complete!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inclusion is prongable?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fine in platinum!

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Hi all!! So I've finally gotten the full analysis of the stone.. :appl:

I would love to hear your comments about it!!! I personally think it looks very nice, but I'm a total rookie.. haha.. also, maybe is the lighting, but I feel the yellow tint is a bit too strong? Perhaps is my perception, but here is the animation anyway!! :bigsmile:

detailed_report.jpg

high_magnification__40x_or_more_.jpg

ideal_5.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great. And no, I dont' think it looks too tinted for a J. Get it in person, unset and decide for yourself.

Sabrushi

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1417415648|3793142 said:
Looks great. And no, I dont' think it looks too tinted for a J. Get it in person, unset and decide for yourself.

Great!!! :bigsmile:

I think it looks very nice, too. They have an okish return policy of 2 weeks.. so that's plenty of time for making my final decision about it. Thanks a lot for your help! :wavey: I will be posting pics of the final ring.. once in my finger.. haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results