shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
It looks magnificent TL - that tsav looks so yummy as a cab, to say nothing of sitting in my favourite setting.

Here's another (random) version of a donut halo I have saved in case you want to do another the same but different in the future.

Just beautiful :love: :love: :love:

donut-halo.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I am warming to Tsavorite Garnets, after seeing some yummy ones on PS and on the sites of recommended CS vendors, especially apple green stones.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Starzin, I love bling and halos, so that's a very nice setting. I've been wanting to set this stone forever (I've had the stone loose for years), but I wanted the right type of setting.

Here's a couple daylight shots. The sun finally came out for two minutes today. The stone has some inclusions, but I don't mind them, it reminds me of an emerald actually.

tltsav_cab_ring3.jpg

tltsav_cab_ring2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1415573449|3780295 said:
Lately I am warming to Tsavorite Garnets, after seeing some yummy ones on PS and on the sites of recommended CS vendors, especially apple green stones.

DK :))

Yes, they're great gems.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many beautiful updates since I last checked this thread.

TL, that moonstone is amazing!!! Is there a separate thread?

Acinom, I love your sapphire ring. It is really special.

Mochiko42, Your egg pendant is very cool design. What a great way to wear smaller stones.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1415577751|3780323 said:
Thanks Starzin, I love bling and halos, so that's a very nice setting. I've been wanting to set this stone forever (I've had the stone loose for years), but I wanted the right type of setting.

Here's a couple daylight shots. The sun finally came out for two minutes today. The stone has some inclusions, but I don't mind them, it reminds me of an emerald actually.
I think you chose the perfect setting for it and it really does deserve to be set. You're right, it does look like an an emerald, beautiful cab :))

Wear it in happiness and good health!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you kgizo, Starzin.

Kgizo,
I didn't start a separate thread for the moonstone. I put way too many photos in this thread alone. :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your beautiful stone truly deserved it to be set TL! She looks gorgeous in her new setting. 8-)

Thank you for your kind words Kgizo :wavey:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1415705707|3781187 said:
Your beautiful stone truly deserved it to be set TL! She looks gorgeous in her new setting. 8-)

Thank you for your kind words Kgizo :wavey:

Awww thanks Acinom. Your sapphire makes my knees quiver, it's so beautiful. Enjoy it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some purplish pink tourmaline rings. I had the ring on the top for a while, it's 1.1 carats (6mm) if I remember correctly. The bottom one is 9mm (I forget the exact carat weight. Both are Nigerian sourced and cut by Bob Kast when he was able to get such material. The top one is clean, but the bottom is included. I wanted to get the bottom one set for a very long time, and found this setting. They both have purple/blue bifringence which is why you see some blue flecks in the stones.

Sunlight photo.

tl_pink_tourm_rings.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1415917683|3782898 said:
Hi! I don't venture over here onto the CS board very often, but I wanted to share a recent acquisition of mine. It's a 2.11ct Sri Lankan moonstone in a custom diamond halo setting. Lots more pictures on my SMTB thread! :wavey:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/over-the-moon-stone-a-glowing-stone-in-a-diamond-halo.207888/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/over-the-moon-stone-a-glowing-stone-in-a-diamond-halo.207888/[/URL]

_24062.jpg

Swoon

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, lots of gorgeous pieces in this thread, I wanted to share my antique ring -- it's not an engagement ring, but it has been in my family for many years. I thought it was my grandmother's, but my mother recently clarified to me that it originally was my great-grandmother's, who died in the early 20th century.
Anyway, it's a yellow gold ring with a hand-engraved underbezel topped with white gold and white gold overlaid sloping shoulders. It contains one aquamarine (2.15cts), ten calibre cut wedge shape and triangular black onyx, and twelve rose cut diamonds.

2014-10-26_1.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Third reset. And hopefully the last.

1.2ct blue-purple color shift spinel, 6.4mm, Barry Bridgestock

_24373.jpg

img_6335.jpg

_24374.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucs|1416278421|3785522 said:
Hello, lots of gorgeous pieces in this thread, I wanted to share my antique ring -- it's not an engagement ring, but it has been in my family for many years. I thought it was my grandmother's, but my mother recently clarified to me that it originally was my great-grandmother's, who died in the early 20th century.
Anyway, it's a yellow gold ring with a hand-engraved underbezel topped with white gold and white gold overlaid sloping shoulders. It contains one aquamarine (2.15cts), ten calibre cut wedge shape and triangular black onyx, and twelve rose cut diamonds.

The black onyx is very striking and lends that vintage feel to the piece.I love the fact that it's been passed down through generations. I hope that many more generations in your family will enjoy this beautiful ring!

cutratediamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
This thread is simply wow..!! :) I am loving it completely. I love colorless diamonds only but now I feel like buying colored too. These look gorgeous. Thanks for the motivation. :)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1416452305|3786910 said:
Tucs|1416278421|3785522 said:

The black onyx is very striking and lends that vintage feel to the piece.I love the fact that it's been passed down through generations. I hope that many more generations in your family will enjoy this beautiful ring!

Thank you, mochiko42. It has enormous sentimental value for me, and I am happy to have a daughter to pass it on to.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, this sets me dreaming about setting some stones. TL, love the brilliant tourmaline and marquis stones. Tapering effect would be nice on my finger. Do you mind telling me where you found it?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1415560864|3780192 said:
I finally set my 4 carat tsavorite cab.

Indoor photo at night.

That color!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sneak peek... Still a few tweaks need to be made to the side profile but almost there!! 2.58ct Afghan tourmaline in 14k rose gold.

uploadfromtaptalk1418120455081.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1418120524|3798144 said:
Sneak peek... Still a few tweaks need to be made to the side profile but almost there!! 2.58ct Afghan tourmaline in 14k rose gold.

Gorgeous! Please post more pics when it's ready! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That looks lovely as is - and the stone so blue! I look forward to seeing finished ring.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is Gorgeous Mochiko!!! What a mesmerizing color :love:
I hope you will post a sneak peek of the gallery as well :naughty:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ricezo, minous, and Acinom.

Actually, I think the color of the stone in that photo isn't that accurate. When I had the loose stone, it seemed a very light seafoam mint green to me. Not that much blue in it. Sally did add a caveat that the weather had been terrible this week, so lighting conditions were poor. I do expect the stone to be a little darker now that it's in a bezel setting, but I'm skeptical it could suddenly turn that blue, too. This photo was more to show off the setting so I could check the work. :razz: From past experience, I think Sally's vendor photos skew a bit blue especially when she has to take photos indoor due to overcast/bad weather in Chiang Mai. So I expect the actual stone to be more like the colors below, but perhaps a tad darker. Sally called the tourm an "evening" stone instead of a "day" stone, i.e. it performs better in low lighting. It's very tricky to photograph this tourm accurately, that's for sure! I think it's a good example of how difficult it is to judge a stone by online photos alone - none of the photos here (Sally, mine, Mastercut) accurately represents what you see in real life in the case of this stone.

My handshot:
uploadfromtaptalk1411174768506.jpg

Vendor shot:
30399.jpg
30397.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
24 carat labradorite moonstone (rainbow moonstone). It has some minor inclusions for a stone this size. I have to find a setting large enough now!! My daughter said it reminds her of Sweden because it has blue and yellow in it. LOL!

tl_lab_moonstone.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1418239752|3799010 said:
24 carat labradorite moonstone (rainbow moonstone). It has some minor inclusions for a stone this size. I have to find a setting large enough now!! My daughter said it reminds her of Sweden because it has blue and yellow in it. LOL!

TL, that would make a gorgeous pendant! It just glows!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I was digging around and found yet another CD full of old pictures of Murry (a few to be posted in hangout) and I found these pictures of the first and only diamond ring I every made. It is a 4.8 carat brownish uncut octahedron (the same stone as in my avatar) set in 24kt Lead!! It was 2004, long before I found Pricescope, but it was a good year for me.

cpbring.jpg

cpbring2.jpg

cpbring3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results