shape
carat
color
clarity

ISO a pair of 10-11mm deep golden south sea pearls ROP

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the pearl forum. I am about to embark on an earring journey and I need a pair of deep Golden South Sea pearls. I recently purchased a pair of precision cut blue Zircons. Each Zircon is about 3 carats and 11 mm across. I want to make the Zircons into yellow gold dangly earrings with the Zircons being the part of the earring that will actually be on the ear and the pearls hanging beneath them. I explain my plans for the earrings in this thread and there are also pictures of the Zircons as well.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/questions-about-setting-stones-and-priority.208267/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/questions-about-setting-stones-and-priority.208267/[/URL]

I was hoping to get some advice on where to go to find a pair of pearls like the ones that I described above. TIA! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round or drop shaped?

PP has light golden drop/baroque shaped ones listed under the "Loose Pearl" section:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-1981-loose-baroque-shape-golden-south-sea-pearl.aspx

They also have more deeper coloured round ones:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-60-loose-golden-south-sea-pearl.aspx

I am almost certain PP will have many others in their inventory that they do not list on their site, therefore, it is advisable to contact them directly to enquire.

I have also found a list of golden SSP pairs from one of the eBay sellers that I had purchased in the past, however, quality do not appear to be that good:

http://stores.ebay.com/TAHITIAN-PEA...1837823018&_sid=9766138&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Hopefully, the others will come along and offer their advice soon.

Good luck with your search.

DK :))

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be tempted to set the zircons as studs, and then get some pearl dangles made. That way you'd have a ton of flexibility...pearls with your zircons, or with diamond studs, or with pearl studs, and you could later get other pearl types to go with your zircons (personally I'd think a WG/white south sea combo would be really pretty with your zircons, or even strong peacock overtone Tahitians).

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1416787348|3789225 said:
I might be tempted to set the zircons as studs, and then get some pearl dangles made. That way you'd have a ton of flexibility...pearls with your zircons, or with diamond studs, or with pearl studs, and you could later get other pearl types to go with your zircons (personally I'd think a WG/white south sea combo would be really pretty with your zircons, or even strong peacock overtone Tahitians).

Yes, if you get the pearl drops (aka charms) set with eye pins, you can use them as earring jackets, or even on small diamond hoops.

gingercurls, you do realize that you're starting out with the most expensive pearls? I don't suppose you'd be happy with white freshwater drops?

In addition to Pearl Paradise, an ebay vendor that seems to be reputable is pearl_society, if you want to buy loose pearls and have them drilled and set.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all of the advice! I really appreciate it. I do not have any preference between round and drop shaped pearls. I also think that the suggestion for white South Sea pearls with the Zircons is a great idea. I realize that the deep golden South Sea pearls are the most expensive type of pearl but I prefer the satiny luster that they have over the look of the freshwater pearls.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine from Pearl Paradise. I don't know if they regularly carry dark golden so you may have to get on the shopping list for there next buying trip. Mine came in a lot he purchased of lighter golden ss pearls. There were 4 identical and another customer who asked first got first pick. He set his with emeralds and got custom earrings made. You can see his earrings on Pearl Guide where he posted the photos. In August I got a medium Golden SS pearl with a red traveling overtone during the ruckus. It's lighter than the earrings but goes well.

golden_south_sea_0.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Finished pearls from PP

_23874.jpg

_24364.jpg

setgss.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
PS, Make sure you know your seller. Dyeing golden's is a problem and you can be deceived and cheated by unscrupulous sellers. Some here on this forum can attest to this. the darker the golden , the more they cost. If the price is too good to believe, back away. Asking your source before buying is important.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I do own a dark teal barion cut blue zircon. I could place it by the dark golden and white SS pearls I own so you can see how it coordinates.

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi NacreLover,
That would be super helpful! I would love to see some comparison pics :)

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with cmd2014 and ennui - make them as flexible as possible! If you get eye pins you can also wear them as a pendant or on a charm bracelet! Welcome!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Photos are really odd, the camera didn't like the background cloth.

twossp-copy.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I'm partial to the cooler toned WSS (and would want to put it in white gold if it was for me), but both look beautiful together. Those are going to be some very pretty earrings no matter what route you decide to go!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the white South Sea pearls and white gold as well for a blue stone. And, I normally have a preference for yellow gold, if given a choice. A few white accent diamonds in the design would be delightlful as well.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I think Marymm gave good advice as well. Tahitianpearls.biz is another reputable seller. He has a few deep golden necklaces listed so I guess he would have pairs for earrings. Be sure to specify if you want any overtones - green or rose. I like the green overtone better but both are nice.

Here are mine, some with rose and some with green tones. My seller described them as medium golden:

image_2547.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lordy IceyJade..you are killing me with these pearls lol I swear if there was a 'most amazing pearls' trophy you would be the winner. You have the most gorgeous collection of pearls! Those Golden are beautiful...I love that shade! :love:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Agree, those deep golds of Icy Jade's are stunning.
Not sure about a blue and yellow combo...could be great if the shades and tones are right or they could suck the vibrancy out of eachother.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1417332491|3792669 said:
Lordy IceyJade..you are killing me with these pearls lol I swear if there was a 'most amazing pearls' trophy you would be the winner. You have the most gorgeous collection of pearls! Those Golden are beautiful...I love that shade! :love:

Thanks but I wouldn't dare to claim the trophy! Not when I know so many PS-ers with tdf collections like hhpmom, 4rg, bsomlo, etc just to name a few. But thanks for liking my collection. Always happy to hear especially since IRL they are not as appreciated by those around me.

Pearlescence said:
Agree, those deep golds of Icy Jade's are stunning.
Not sure about a blue and yellow combo...could be great if the shades and tones are right or they could suck the vibrancy out of eachother.

Wendy, my seller did say that mine are medium goldens so I'm not sure they can be called deep golds. I'm still trying to figure out GSSP colors. If you have any guides or can spare some time to explain I'll really appreciate being able to learn more! ::)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I heard from Golay that prices for GSSPs have gone up again! Shocking prices for goldens now.

Regret not buying GSSP studs last year! :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results